Blue shorts... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Blue shorts...

Yesh, toight. Toight like a toiger. I can shee that from your toight pants.

BC could wear Gold or White. They won't be in Maroon since it would be dark color like Orange. Marquette/Michigan both wore bright Yellow when we wore Orange. Thus, I am guessing BC will be in Gold.

But we were the road team in those games. Does red clash more than yellow? Did Illinois wear white vs the red teams when the Bruce Weber teams were always wearing orange at home?
Speaking of Michigan can they make a decision on whether the Gold is their home or away uniforms? Reason #897 they're annoying.
Do we really have nothing else to talk about? Oh wait we don't, it's BC.

Did SU ever actually play with blue shorts? Haven't seen any photo evidence.

But we were the road team in those games. Does red clash more than yellow? Did Illinois wear white vs the red teams when the Bruce Weber teams were always wearing orange at home?
Speaking of Michigan can they make a decision on whether the Gold is their home or away uniforms? Reason #897 they're annoying.
Do we really have nothing else to talk about? Oh wait we don't, it's BC.
You sure do ask a lot of questions for someone from Fort Lee New Jersey.

Did SU ever actually play with blue shorts? Haven't seen any photo evidence.

they were all blue uniforms twice, in 1988 and 2008. at kentucky and at notre dame, both losses

sherm.jpg

large_flynnblueunnies.jpg

I actually liked the '88 blue uniforms. They reminded me on the classic Sixers and Knicks uniforms. And they had the orange piping, which was consistent.

But even they were not stupid enough to mix and match.

I may get killed for this...

But I actually like it. It's one game and it's unique.

The jerseys and shorts independently are awesome. I think it may look cool. MUCH better than platinum.

surprise surprise Cuse fans complaining about our uniforms.

they are a 1 off i think we can get through it. plus just think if we lose at least now we will have an excuse

One thing I've liked is that (despite a couple of aberrations) we've stuck with tradition...orange and white uniforms.
None of the bizarreness or gangster black for a team called The Orange.

They went with grey trim...and that was a mistake because the grey numbers are far more difficult to read than navy.
But, as usual, tradition can be sacrificed for a few bucks, no matter how ugly the look.

Wait, I thought it was a lock solid given that we would not be wearing mixed uniforms? Dang.
It's as good a night as any to break the weird uni hex.

Really?!?! Soooooo stupid. Way to ruin the throwback concept.

Dear Nike,

Throwback unis should look like the unis you're throwing back to.

Signed,
The Home Office of Common Sense
Wait. We're wearing blue fin shorts? What?
upload_2014-2-19_16-55-1.jpeg

If we win I don't care if we go back to the original school colors of SU. Things like this are meant to appeal to recruits and players not to the message board fans. You and I may think Oregon's football uniforms are awful, but ask any player or recruit and they love the 99 different shades of green and neon yellow. Same thing with our football alternates. I wouldn't have picked them, although the half blue and orange helmets could have been nice if they were mostly orange, but I know I am not the target audience.

I may get killed for this...

But I actually like it. It's one game and it's unique.

The jerseys and shorts independently are awesome. I think it may look cool. MUCH better than platinum.

Indeed, independently they're sweet. Not a fan of the 2-tone look, don't like it on cars, and don't like it in a uni.

Just confirmed with Silent G, they're wearing orange and blue today. No orange shorts tonight.

If we win I don't care if we go back to the original school colors of SU. Things like this are meant to appeal to recruits and players not to the message board fans. You and I may think Oregon's football uniforms are awful, but ask any player or recruit and they love the 99 different shades of green and neon yellow. Same thing with our football alternates. I wouldn't have picked them, although the half blue and orange helmets could have been nice if they were mostly orange, but I know I am not the target audience.

Baloney. THIS, in particular, is for Nike to move product and make $$$. It's neither about the players nor recruits.

Oh well. Time to break the jinx, I guess. Channel the spirit of 1975, everyone.
I hope we do, so we can try blue unis again, once in a while. The early '70s unis were sharp for the period.