Board Behavior... | Syracusefan.com

Board Behavior...

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Just throwing something out there...take it or leave it.

During our most recent historic winning streak that reached a quarter century, the board was dead for long stretches of time. Many of us, myself included definitely took our incredible start to the season for granted.

Now, after the first, and hopefully only What loss of the season, an absurd amount of people have come out of the woodwork with a Monday Morning Quarterback list of reasons why this team should be treated like they're 1-25 instead of 25-1.

Wonderful thoughts have included anything from "CJ Fair is awful" to "Boeheim never plays more than 7 guys, he's an idiot", to "we're now a 4 seed."

Everyone wants to point the finger and say, "I told you so." I never once have ever thought that our fan base was arrogant, but some of the reactions on this board tonight have left me reconsidering that thought.

We're so much better than this. Take some perspective people. As Marsh01 and others have said, if we win at Cameron on Saturday this becomes a blip in the road.

LET'S GO ORANGE!!

As you said...if we win at Cameron, this becomes a blip in the road. IF we win at Cameron. IF IF IF we win at Cameron. That's a big if.

I won't lie. I'm in a sour mood after this loss (only top 20 RPI team with a loss to a team outside the top 150 RPI) but the next few games are what matter at this point. We aren't favored at Duke and it's going to be a tough game, so the Maryland game will probably be even more telling as to how the team responds.

some perspective

Yeah, you don't know bad.

Leave it. Nobody new has come out with anything new. For one or two people it's the end of the world. For the rest, negative stuff noticed in and before the two last miracle wins, came to fruition against a 19 loss team, at home, after giving up a 13 point lead, while watching starters remain in while making the same mistakes our bench gets crucified for. JB was not happy with anything either. "I told you so" is exactly what you are trying to set up for, if we win Saturday. If we lose, the perspective posters will attempt to quell the tide. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

It is because SU fans have a complex. Most of the posts were people trashing this writer or that, or this statistical method or that. People are used to complaining about the team, but since they kept winning, they couldn't.

Thank you, Hak, for saying this. Read what RF2044 said in another thread. This is not life or death (or having your infant burned). It is college basketball. This should be enjoyable... a hobby...a past time. So we lost. No one realistically thought we were going to go undefeated this year. Let's look forward ... and not backwards. No one's a bigger SU fan than I am. But I'm not cursing 20-year-old kids and predicting the apocalypse. Get a grip, folks.

Yeah, I don't see anything too bad tonight. Just an honest reflection of where this team has been the last several games. Not much different in some ways than JB's press conference tonight. We've had an unbelievable season in terms of winning games at the end. It ended tonight. And tonight's loss to be fair was one of the worst we have ever had in the regular season, particularly in terms of what we had accomplished this season. Still a long way to go - anything is still possible if BMK gets healthy. Shooting slumps happen - we'll get out of ours at some point. Let's Go Orange!

Thank you, Hak, for saying this. Read what RF2044 said in another thread. This is not life or death (or having your infant burned). It is college basketball. This should be enjoyable... a hobby...a past time. So we lost. No one realistically thought we were going to go undefeated this year. Let's look forward ... and not backwards. No one's a bigger SU fan than I am. But I'm not cursing 20-year-old kids and predicting the apocalypse. Get a grip, folks.

If there is anyone actually doing this, they should be banned. (And you guys might have been deleting a bunch of stuff behind the scene..so I may be wrong) But seems like a bit of hyperbole here. In fact most of the ire on the board appears to be at JB, not the players at all.

If there is anyone actually doing this, they should be banned. (And you guys might have been deleting a bunch of stuff behind the scene..so I may be wrong) But seems like a bit of hyperbole here. In fact most of the ire on the board appears to be at JB, not the players at all.
Trust me. You don't see what we are deleting. And you probably would not want to see it. And, yes, we do ban people

It's never worth visiting this board after a loss. It's nearly always huge mistake. So many people can't handle a loss. Granted it was a pretty bad one, but it's the same crap that happens after any loss. Best to just stay away until our next Win.

Trust me. You don't see what we are deleting. And you probably would not want to see it. And, yes, we do ban people

Ah..sorry then. I believe you. That's a sad state of affairs.

Thanks cto I just find it really tough that for all the highs that we as a fan base have experienced this year, going 25-0, beating Duke at the Dome in our first ever ACC matchup, winning at the Pete on an amazing buzzer beater, trouncing UNC, people are acting like we're awful.

I get it, it's BC and many of us expected a double digit win. But as you said, this is not life or death here. I for one wasn't able to pay much attention to the game throughout the night as I had to take a work phone call that lasted about 90 minutes. Oh well. I'm sure there will be worse losses than tonight, and anyone who says that NCAA tournament losses are worse are exactly right. Losses that end your season are FAR worse than ones that don't.

Although I do owe Lawrinson14 an apology for saying he was wrong about our alternate jerseys being bad luck. He was right, but that didn't stop me from buying one! Those jerseys were freaking sweet!

Last edited:
Thanks cto I just find it really tough that for all the highs that we as a fan base have experienced this year, going 25-0, beating Duke at the Dome in our first ever ACC game, winning at the Pete on an amazing buzzer beater, trouncing UNC, people are acting like we're awful.

I get it, it's BC and many of us expected a double digit win. But as you said, this is not life or death here. I for one wasn't able to pay much attention to the game throughout the night as I had to take a work phone call that lasted about 90 minutes. Oh well. I'm sure there will be worse losses than tonight, and anyone who says that NCAA tournament losses are worse are exactly right. Losses that end your season are FAR worse than ones that don't.

Although I do owe Lawrinson14 an apology for saying he was wrong about our alternate jerseys being bad luck. He was right, but that didn't stop me from buying one! Those jerseys were freaking sweet!
It wasn't the jerseys! Damn you blue shorts!

I'm ok with the loss, but I'm sorry, there's a difference between a What loss and a loss to a team as bad as BC at home. Even BC on the road is bad, but at the dome? Sorry guys, this isn't excusable.

Bound to happen. 25 and 1. BC controlled tbe tempo and won. Bully for them. I have faith. You gotta have faith. Cue George Michael... Baby

I was afraid to hop on the board expecting a melt down. I've been plesently surprised to find that not to be the case.

Same. I wanted to take a break, but then logged in last night and was pleasantly surprised to see mostly reasonable and calm (if disappointed) posts.

It's nice to talk hoops without having to ignore some of the negatives about the game.

Respectfully, I think there were a number of posters who thought we were going to run the table.

Respectfully, I think there were a number of posters who thought we were going to run the table.

The thought did creep into my mind after the Pitt game last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom