Boeheim comes to Baber's defense | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim comes to Baber's defense

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
This is another reason I absolutely love JB and perfectly sums up my feelings on Babers. Feel free to throw darts at me, and yes he has made mistakes, but JB perfectly encapsulates how I feel about the criticism of Babers.

Fast forward to the 7:05 mark.

Mehhhh he makes some good points but my counter to that is, I am someone who played football all the way to college and a year in college , and there isn’t one division 1 coach past or present including Grob who has forgotten more about football then I and most people know. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t get the job done you shouldn’t be fired. Big time
College football is only about winning. Dino just has not won consistently. Winning at Va Tech was a great step but I have said all along I thought he he should get fired if he didn’t make it to a bowl game and I still feel that way, however I think if he wins one more game he is safe for better or worse. Hopefully the team wins 2 more games and it’s a non issue.

Maybe he knows Babers was close to being fired and this is his way of coming to his defense by showing him his support?

Beats me

Jimmy is stepping up his senile game. Good to see...He has a long history of enlightened commentary. If he had had his way, the basketball team would still be playing in Manley.
If it wasn’t for Jimmy the new Carrier Dome roof would be translucent, similar to the Vikings, Rams and Raiders stadiums. On par for the 21st century. But we wouldn’t want him to get sun in his eyes the one day a year they have an afternoon game.

Boeheim says people don’t know because they’re not at practice? Almost every CFB talking head has commented on Dino’s bad clock management. Dino was trending on Twitter a couple of weeks with bad clock management.

I’m not calling for Dino to be fired but people weren't commented on benching DeVito as much as questioning why he takes two time outs back to back to get a play off or why does he take time outs coming out of a commercial break or getting a delay of game after scoring a touchdown or why when down by two scores with 2 minutes left when the other team has the ball and we have three time outs does he not take them to stop the clock?

Boeheim makes it sound like benching DeVito was the hardest decision ever made but people weren’t even really questioning that

This is another reason I absolutely love JB and perfectly sums up my feelings on Babers. Feel free to throw darts at me, and yes he has made mistakes, but JB perfectly encapsulates how I feel about the criticism of Babers.

Fast forward to the 7:05 mark.

He totally misses the mark here.

Dino is not good at math. You do not have to be a coach to be good at math. You could be from another country having never seen the game of football and be good at math. Dino's issue have nothing really to do with football itself. JB uses analytics quite often but then acts like they math isn't important.

And no one saw Tommy eventually getting benched? Really JB? A lot of people wanted Shrader to start game 1. He is acting like this change came out of left field. For me it came later than expected.

Boeheim says people don’t know because they’re not at practice? Almost every CFB talking head has commented on Dino’s bad clock management. Dino was trending on Twitter a couple of weeks with bad clock management.

I’m not calling for Dino to be fired but people weren't commented on benching DeVito as much as questioning why he takes two time outs back to back to get a play off or why does he take time outs coming out of a commercial break or getting a delay of game after scoring a touchdown or why when down by two scores with 2 minutes left when the other team has the ball and we have three time outs does he not take them to stop the clock?

Boeheim makes it sound like benching DeVito was the hardest decision ever made but people weren’t even really questioning that
JB has a point if people are questing Xs and Os. Dino's issues are math and disorganization. Those really have nothing to do with football knowledge. There is zero excuse coming out of a TO to not have the correct personnel on the field and be forced to take a TO. That isn't a football issue. There is no excuse for not having urgency earlier on the drive and let precious seconds tick away. Time management isn't and Xs and Os thing. Same with probabilities. Those are things that you don't need a football background to understand.

Maybe he knows Babers was close to being fired and this is his way of coming to his defense by showing him his support?

Beats me
Maybe because they're friends and fellow head coaches. Maybe because they understand the position each is in better than any of you.
Seems like only last year a number of fans on the BB forum wanted JB to retire. Now some are saying this is probably his best team in years. Oh the fickle winds of fate. :rolleyes:

Maybe because they're friends and fellow head coaches. Maybe because they understand the position each is in better than any of you.
Seems like only last year a number of fans on the BB forum wanted JB to retire. Now some are saying this is probably his best team in years. Oh the fickle winds of fate. :rolleyes:

Better than the Fickle Finger of Fate...

1635421915044.png

He totally misses the mark here.

Dino is not good at math. You do not have to be a coach to be good at math. You could be from another country having never seen the game of football and be good at math. Dino's issue have nothing really to do with football itself. JB uses analytics quite often but then acts like they math isn't important.

And no one saw Tommy eventually getting benched? Really JB? A lot of people wanted Shrader to start game 1. He is acting like this change came out of left field. For me it came later than expected.
A lot of people always want the other quarterback to start.

Are you suggesting that was an easy, no brainer decision?

Given that he brought Shrader here in the first place, probably not that tough a decision on the football field.

Dealing with all the personalities involved probably made it a tougher decision.

Someone should have followed up and asked if he wished he did the same thing with Joe and Kadary last year, just for the scorched earth entertainment value.

He defended Scott Shafter also. JB defends coaches - it's just what he does. \

Yep most coaches do. I had no issue with it. JB a diehard Syracuse lacrosse and football guy. He's right in many ways and I don't think JB was too concerned as he said about whether to kick or go for it on 4th down. He's 100% right, if the call works it's fine, if not it's a bad call.

I respect JB for sticking up for Dino -- but it doesn't move the needle for me at all with being frustrated with Dino's in-game decision making this year.

I hope it moves the needle on selling a few extra tickets this weekend. JB trying to help his counterpart out.

Given that he brought Shrader here in the first place, probably not that tough a decision on the football field.

Dealing with all the personalities involved probably made it a tougher decision.

Someone should have followed up and asked if he wished he did the same thing with Joe and Kadary last year, just for the scorched earth entertainment value.
Out of the mouths of babes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom