Boeheim comes to Baber's defense | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim comes to Baber's defense

Kadary didn’t want to do the things to be #1, Shrader did. People lionized the kid when JB plays and starts the players who do the things he wants them to do.

Shrader made his case by how he went about his business. Kadary didn’t and now plays in a lesser conference for a lesser coach.
Thats Bull

Boeheim obviously has more emotional attachment because he's friends with Dino. I still dont know if he should be retained or not. Season is still going. People like to second guess coaches because its easy to do. Its easy to say its wrong when it doesnt work. Some people think everything is suppose to work just how its drawn up. I would suggest those people to not get into coaching if they expect that. Boeheim is right though. The boys are playing hard and doing good things. They fell short in some games but they also are not suppose to be in these games according to a lot of people.

Last edited:
Exactly. JB is a Homer. He’s all SU. And he is inherently defensive of coaches. I’m okay with that. I also love how fans say what the right thing to do is in every situation, when they don’t have all of the information that the coaches do, and typically these decisions have to be made in a matter of seconds, not three days later on a message board. The typical message board fan would crap their pants if they had to make split second decisions over and over in live game situations. Lots of opportunities for second guessing.
fax

There's an irony in a message board poster saying a college coach doesn't know what he's talking based on a statement made immediately after said coach said fans don't know what they're talking about.
There is no Irony, I am not questioning if Jim Boeheim is more knowledge about what its like to be a coach or talking about how it is hard to make in game choices , I am saying if you fail at your job more then you succeed you do not deserve to continue to have that job. And again I hope he wins out and this is a non issue.

Boeheim obviously has more emotional attachment because he's friends with Dino. I still dont know if he should be retained or not. Season is still going. People like to second guess coaches because its easy to do. Its easy to say its wrong when it doesnt work. Some people think everything is suppose to work just how its drawn up. I would suggest those people to not get into coaching if they expect that. Boeheim is right though. The boys are playing hard and doing good things. They fell short in some games but they also are not suppose to be in these games according to a lot of people.
Are they second guesses if people question it before the result happens?

while winning is the goal of the coach, not winning does not make him a failure at his job..

thats like saying a prof is a failure because a kid doesnt pass a course.

if we had played these games 30 yrs ago and the Fg kicker had done is job we would have 2 less losses and maybe be 4-2-2 and the fans outlook would be much different..

Frequently, yes. Every game I yell at my TV… “Don’t pass here…” then they pass the ball and it works. We second guess everything. It’s what we do.

Yep most coaches do. I had no issue with it. JB a diehard Syracuse lacrosse and football guy. He's right in many ways and I don't think JB was too concerned as he said about whether to kick or go for it on 4th down. He's 100% right, if the call works it's fine, if not it's a bad call.
It was a bad call either way!!

Kadary didn’t want to do the things to be #1, Shrader did. People lionized the kid when JB plays and starts the players who do the things he wants them to do.

Shrader made his case by how he went about his business. Kadary didn’t and now plays in a lesser conference for a lesser coach.

Can you share your insider knowledge of this. Just as you request others to do when making similar claims when it relates to football. Thank you.

We all question calls. I question calls in all sports from professional to little league. The difference is the coaches are making decisions based on relationships I dont have and info on the players and schemes that I dont know about. I enjoy seeing peoples's thoughts and opinions on message boards. It generates dialogue but its hard to take peoples thoughts on decision making serious when they are not in the trenches with that team.

We all question calls. I question calls in all sports from professional to little league. The difference is the coaches are making decisions based on relationships I dont have and info on the players and schemes that I dont know about. I enjoy seeing peoples's thoughts and opinions on message boards. It generates dialogue but its hard to take peoples thoughts on decision making serious when they are not in the trenches with that team.
No doubt. But let’s be clear… we aren’t talking isolated decisions here and there. Trend has been alarmingly clear with this. It’s fine to point that out as a weakness to this point. Glad we went for those fourth downs last week and hoping for the same this week. I am looking forward to Saturday. As has been the case I expect a close one.

There is no Irony, I am not questioning if Jim Boeheim is more knowledge about what its like to be a coach or talking about how it is hard to make in game choices , I am saying if you fail at your job more then you succeed you do not deserve to continue to have that job. And again I hope he wins out and this is a non issue.
As a literary device, the irony is you saying Boeheim doesn't know what he's talking about when he says the fans don't know what they're talking about.

who is the CFB talking about Dino? I havent heard 1 mention on any of the sites i listen too mention it.

most of the clock issues we complain about early are over blown on this board. it feels like people here dont watch it happen every week at every level.. we are all complainers but we also ignore it happens to all coaches not just the ones we care about. the more talent you have the more it gets glossed over .
A few times this year when halftime shows were recapping our games they mentioned Dino’s clock management or lack there of.

Mark Richt and others have said about the two point conversion that the decision is made once you cross the 50.

Have you ever seen a delay of game on an extra point try?

As a literary device, the irony is you saying Boeheim doesn't know what he's talking about when he says the fans don't know what they're talking about.
Which is ironic because as it pertains to Football, he is just a fan like any of us.

A few times this year when halftime shows were recapping our games they mentioned Dino’s clock management or lack there of.

Mark Richt and others have said about the two point conversion that the decision is made once you cross the 50.

Have you ever seen a delay of game on an extra point try?
yup all the time.. every week almost. but if you watch 25-50 games a weekend you are gonna see some sketchy decision making some place.

Exactly. JB is a Homer. He’s all SU. And he is inherently defensive of coaches. I’m okay with that. I also love how fans say what the right thing to do is in every situation, when they don’t have all of the information that the coaches do, and typically these decisions have to be made in a matter of seconds, not three days later on a message board. The typical message board fan would crap their pants if they had to make split second decisions over and over in live game situations. Lots of opportunities for second guessing.

the typical message board fan would have trouble coaching a youth team to a winning record.

No doubt. But let’s be clear… we aren’t talking isolated decisions here and there. Trend has been alarmingly clear with this. It’s fine to point that out as a weakness to this point. Glad we went for those fourth downs last week and hoping for the same this week. I am looking forward to Saturday. As has been the case I expect a close one.
Read all of my post not some of it. Read the part where I said Im not sure if he should be retained. There are obvious weaknesses that we all see from Dino.

Going for it on 4th down doesnt mean its the right call. Not sure how you can go into a game and pre determine to go for it on all 4th downs. You have to know coaching and have a feel for your team and the moment.

Last edited:
yup all the time.. every week almost. but if you watch 25-50 games a weekend you are gonna see some sketchy decision making some place.
I see a lot of decision making that goes wrong. From many coaches that are considered the best.

who is the CFB talking about Dino? I havent heard 1 mention on any of the sites i listen too mention it.

most of the clock issues we complain about early are over blown on this board. it feels like people here dont watch it happen every week at every level.. we are all complainers but we also ignore it happens to all coaches not just the ones we care about. the more talent you have the more it gets glossed over .

Ive seen Saban have to burn timeouts this season because his guys weren't lined up correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom