Boeheim Playing The Blame Game Once Again | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim Playing The Blame Game Once Again

Jeremy Ryan ‏@JeremyRyan44 13m
Boeheim: I don't know why he (Ennis) settled for jumpshots. The play was to go to the rim.

I'm getting really sick of this, how about you take some responsibility for once?

I'm sure the rest of the game went exactly to his plan, so yeah, this was the only thing that went wrong.

Come on JB, the team didn't play up to their potential, and that's kind of your job.

This year was not one of JB's best - I think most people will admit this. Somewhere along the way he lost this team.

Ouch... Maybe have this discuss behind closed doors? I hope this doesn't push Ennis to leave.

Boeheim: I don't know why he (Ennis) settled for jumpshots. The play was to go to the rim.

I'm getting really sick of this, how about you take some responsibility for once?

You could see when he pulled up that JB was NOT happy......clearly not the play they called.

If I was JB, I'd say the same thing.

JB, "None of you can shoot, so go to the rim."

Ennis, "'It's jump shot time!!!"

Maybe he didn't think he had the gas to get to the rim. The kid was all over the place taking hits at the rim. One drive he hit the pad on the basket retry hard and came up a little hobbled.

Why do you think that?

Just my opinion. I don't believe JB would air out a player like that that would be coming back. Again, just my opinion...I have no inside info.

He doesn't even need to take responsibility - those shots were clearly Ennis' decision - but he should be able to answer the question without blaming his player. Bad form for boeheim.

Just my opinion. I don't believe JB would air out a player like that that would be coming back. Again, just my opinion...I have no inside info.

He was just giving an honest assessment.

Maybe he didn't think he had the gas to get to the rim. The kid was all over the place taking hits at the rim. One drive he hit the pad on the basket retry hard and came up a little hobbled.

He played every minute - he could have just been going on emotion at that point and saw he was wide open. We knew before the season the lack of a backup PG could be a problem. TE was played into the ground.

Jeremy Ryan ‏@JeremyRyan44 16m
Boeheim: All of Tyler's jump shots were good. He was open, he just wasn't making them.

WAER Sports ‏@WAERSports 20m
Boeheim: I have no problem with Ennis' last shot.

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball 23m
The last shot was the right shot. You don't have time to get to basket

Did he give his honest assessment on Cooney airballing 2 threes and missing every open look all game?

I really don't know I didn't listen to the post game presser

If he didn't have the gas to get to the rim, then he isn't likely to have the legs to hit a jump shot that he has missed all evening long. It was a bad decision. One, that I guess I'm willing to live with, if he comes back.

Then let CJ have the shot. He was also getting to the rim at will late.

You don't chuck up a FALL AWAY if you're THAT tired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom