Boeheim rips Katz | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim rips Katz

You can support your side of the argument in a much more polished and professional way than Boeheim, frequently chooses. I have seen many of his post game interviews and he is absolutely brutal to the local press. They are just trying to do their job. Katz was doing his job and offering his opinion. As a fan, it is frustrating when the program gets hit two years in a row with these issues.If Boeheim doesn't agree with him fine, offer your rebuttal. His tone makes him the story and not what the real issue was, Southerland's academics and the university's response. I think Boeheim was still really upset about losing the game and the poor performance of the team, Katz was collateral damage.

You can support your side of the argument in a much more polished and professional way than Boeheim, frequently chooses. I have seen many of his post game interviews and he is absolutely brutal to the local press. They are just trying to do their job. Katz was doing his job and offering his opinion. As a fan, it is frustrating when the program gets hit two years in a row with these issues.If Boeheim doesn't agree with him fine, offer your rebuttal. His tone makes him the story and not what the real issue was, Southerland's academics and the university's response. I think Boeheim was still really upset about losing the game and the poor performance of the team, Katz was collateral damage.

Reporters aren't innocent flowers who need protection for doing their job. We live in an era of gotcha journalism where reporters get away with some pretty vile things with little in the way of journalistic integrity. Unfortunately it seems that we only get two kinds of journalism with sports: gotcha and knob slobbing. I don't have a problem with journalists doing their job and I also don't have a problem when the subjects of journalism call them out on their hackism.

Cue full scale ESPN investigation of SU, JB, and his foundation. Dumb move, JB.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

you would be wrong. Was jb upset about last night's loss when he didn't go on Katz's show last spring? No.

Cue full scale ESPN investigation of SU, JB, and his foundation. Dumb move, JB.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
No they won't. If they were going to do something like that, they would have done it when the Fine thing exploded. Not because jb called a reporter a name.

when did espn start reporting sports news? i was told they went to the fox school of journalism- distort and report -

how can anyone take them seriously when they show europe soccer low lights and call it sports news- talk about manufacturing news

What is Katz's role as a sideline reporter anyway? He never adds any insight into the game, i.e. injury updates, in-game strategy. He's just there to be a TMZ tabloid rumor and scandal reporrter. 90% of his reports are about off-court sh**t. Like him much better in the studio. At least he talks about actual hoops part of the time.

when did espn start reporting sports news? i was told they went to the fox school of journalism- distort and report -

how can anyone take them seriously when they show europe soccer low lights and call it sports news- talk about manufacturing news

There was a match yesterday that was seen by probably twice as many people as the Super Bowl. I consider that news. We don't need to be so myopic.

There was a match yesterday that was seen by probably twice as many people as the Super Bowl. I consider that news. We don't need to be so myopic.
who cares it aint happening in AMERICA-

many better ways to handle this than publicly calling out someone as an "idiot...or worse" on tv. and to those who admire the so called "loyalty" aspect i can only suppose you'd have no problem with ESPN refusing to broadcast any more syracuse games in support of one of their own. JB really needs to grow a thicker hide and learn some tact during his mic time. we need espn way more than they need us.

many better ways to handle this than publicly calling out someone an "idiot...or worse". and to those who admire the so called "loyalty" aspect i can only suppose you'd have no problem with ESPN refusing to broadcast any more syracuse games in support one of their own. JB really needs to grow a thicker hide and learn some tact.

Who is Boeheim insinuating Katz is "disloyal" to? Ugh, I don't like this. Just take this pounding and move on. Frankly, I felt like they routed us since we were so bad and yet they turned it over so much and we couldn't capitalize. We only had 8 assists last night to their 15 as well. We already get enough attention with the constant drama, schedule questioning, etc. I don't like it.

What is Katz's role as a sideline reporter anyway? He never adds any insight into the game, i.e. injury updates, in-game strategy. He's just there to be a TMZ tabloid rumor and scandal reporrter. 90% of his reports are about off-court sh**t. Like him much better in the studio. At least he talks about actual hoops part of the time.

He's there for the gay crowd. The straight crowd gets Erin Andrews etc for sideline reporting, the gay crowd gets Andy Katz.