Boeheim should do the right thing and step down now. | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim should do the right thing and step down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a hall of famer on the bench. There shouldn't be so many different excuses for why we are in the position we're in. In the end, everything that happens to this program is Boeheim's responsibility. He's no victim.

Doesn’t that scream something is up in the program?
The fact players don’t want to stay.
I mean we joke but if Thomas Bryant came to SU he doesn’t give us 2 years.
The question is why?

If we have a skilled kid JB showcases the heck out of him, and they usually have the measurables. They don’t come here on the offensive side to fit a preconceived offense where guys get their games buried for the greater good. Which is fine.

Who cares if the fans went to the school.
That is stupid.
We as many fans as we can get.

The sanctions aren’t the problem with our offense.

The rest of this whatever.

That's the problem. Y'all act more invested in what's going on than you should. It's not life or death. I turned it off and had a productive Saturday. Some of you should heed that advice. Most of the board is in meltdown mode over something that they have no control over or impacts their life. Turn off the TV, log off and do something constructive. Y'all will be the same ones on the website throughout the Summer talking about what could be.

Programs have their ebbs and flows. Alabama football was a joke just 15 years ago. Doesn't mean it will be this way forever.

That's the problem. Y'all act more invested in what's going on than you should. It's not life or death. I turned it off and had a productive Saturday. Some of you should heed that advice. Most of the board is in meltdown mode over something that they have no control over or impacts their life. Turn off the TV, log off and do something constructive. Y'all will be the same ones on the website throughout the Summer talking about what could be.

Programs have their ebbs and flows. Alabama football was a joke just 15 years ago. Doesn't mean it will be this way forever.

Haha, do people actually think people on message boards are sitting around stewing over this stuff? I don't think it's ever occurred to me, no matter how upset someone seems, that they're actually sitting around shaking in anger over the whole thing.

You are the best type of fan.
Congrats.
If people aren’t crossing the line don’t worry what anyone else thinks.
I am an alum but your point about non alums was disrespectful.

This a business and it’s entertainment.
If people want to complain about their entertainment dollars they have a right.

You are the best type of fan.
Congrats.
If people aren’t crossing the line don’t worry what anyone else thinks.
I am an alum but your point about non alums was disrespectful.

This a business and it’s entertainment.
If people want to complain about their entertainment dollars they have a right.

I honestly don't care how you felt about it. My point stands. People need to get a grip. Syracuse Basketball doesn't pay my bills.

Haha, do people actually think people on message boards are sitting around stewing over this stuff? I don't think it's ever occurred to me, no matter how upset someone seems, that they're actually sitting around shaking in anger over the whole thing.

Do you not see the threads after every game or are you creating your own narrative?

I honestly don't care how you felt about it. My point stands. People need to get a grip. Syracuse Basketball doesn't pay my bills.

No it doesn't pay my bills. But one of the good things about the program is we still had 27000 people come to the game yesterday in a down year. If people stop caring so much, it won't help us get back to where we all want to be.

"The top teams either recruit guys who are going to leave early but are already good enough to lead them to a championship or they get lesser guys to stay and develop into good college players. Since Carmelo, we get lesser guys who leave early. That's the problem. No one questions their right to go, although the wisdom of it is sometimes debatable. The simple fact is, other schools have done a better job of getting kids to stay and that's why they are at the top of the standings."

part of any HEAD COACHES job is creating a team culture to prevent kids from jumping too early. those draftees who leave too early and end up d leaguers i somewhat get. i don't always think it's a wise move but can accept it. others like taureen thompson and thorpe leaving early tells me something is amiss with the team culture here. and that starts at the top.

I think he will get the Trevor Cooney treatment, but it should be interesting.
JB fathered Little G and Coon dog. Buddy will actually be the third son to play for him

Not to mention that Mr. Grounded Fan was sitting at home for the game.

Yes, I was home. I live in New York City. Have anything else to say? I'm more lively on my couch than those of you who sit on your hands at the Dome and leave at halftime to beat traffic.

Ridiculous, that you feel entitled to declare how people should feel about things. Ridiculous and silly that you characterize any of this message board stuff as "meltdown." People typing 'angry,' smart-alec-y words on a sports website doesn't even approach meltdown. There isn't a person alive that considers it Life Or Death. Maybe it's a case of YOU being more invested in what people are writing and not having enough perspective to process it.

As disturbed as I've been by our relative level of suck since the first acc year, my heart rate hasn't budged a tick. What I write is a level of expression higher than what I'm feeling viscerally. And once the game is over, that's it. I don't have impassioned discussions with friends or strangers about this stuff. And don't be naive about how people express themselves on message boards. When you type something out, you're probably doing one of two things: making/arguing a point, or making a joke. And in both instances, you're likely to employ a touch of force or hyperbole toward furthering your 'convincingness' or humor.

Sure, programs have ebbs and flows. Sometimes. Some of those ebbs last a lifetime. Remember how dominant San Francisco used to be? Houston? Or, just go back to St John's. Will Georgetown ever be a national force again?

So, YOU turned off the game at halftime. Couldn't deal? And you're criticizing those of us who stayed? YOU had a productive Saturday, but we couldn't, because you saved ONE hour of time? Man, you must think everyone else is incredibly simpleminded.

Enough of the we talk. None of you are on the team. Some of you didn't attend the school. What is this we talk? If it bothers you that much, don't watch. I turned it off at halftime.

Outside of the student section, I would estimate that 80-90% of the people in the Dome for any given game did not attend Syracuse University.

That I concur with 100%. He was definitely an enigma. :)

upload_2018-2-4_15-32-12.png

Enough of the we talk. None of you are on the team. Some of you didn't attend the school. What is this we talk? If it bothers you that much, don't watch. I turned it off at halftime.

For everyone upset at the past three heads, this is what sanctions are designed to do. It's why UNC will never get hit with them. They are designed to cripple a program and that's what it did to SU. That's why USC lost their place to Oregon and Stanford in the Pac 12. It's why the NCAA lifted Penn State's after two seasons instead of the four; the effects are delivered immediately.

Starting next season, there is no excuse anymore. Hopkins would be in the same boat or worse if he was coaching now and less than 100% strength.

You are a true fan if you are still saying "We" when the team is losing.

i said 10 years ago if JB doesn't want to retire then at least take a lower echelon D1 job down south in S.C. , florida or arizona and pile up his W'S . seems to be all he's really interested in. golf and play zone and amass some wins for his legacy. his modus operandi don't cut in the big leagues anymore. (at least not in the ACC) fly south and retire comfortably. less stress for all of us.

And then came 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.

Outside of the student section, I would estimate that 80-90% of the people in the Dome for any given game did not attend Syracuse University.
it's winter entertainment and it's not cheap. and when it ceases to be entertaining... watch out.

you got stats. and what's our ACC winning % ?

The point is you gave up on him 10 years ago and then we had three #1 rated teams and two final fours - in 5 separate years. That could happen again.

we made the final 4 as a 10 seed. perhaps we can balance that fluke out with the richmonds and vermonts et al.

No it doesn't pay my bills. But one of the good things about the program is we still had 27000 people come to the game yesterday in a down year. If people stop caring so much, it won't help us get back to where we all want to be.
Winter vastly reduces the number of entertainment options in CNY. How many of those 27,000 went because it was their one game a year and there’s little else to do except hibernate at home. I don’t know the answer but my point is JB is safe as long as they still sell tickets. It boggles my mind that fan support is so strong. My fear is the administration will always be reactive and wait until the average attendance dips to 15k or less. We’re not cultivating a new generation of SU fans with this product. Our kids are brainwashed and that won’t last forever.

No I want JB to recruit some players who can score and not recruit exclusively for the zone D.
I don’t want lottery picks who stay 3 years.
How about recruiting a post player.
We haven’t had a player like Rick Jackson except Rak’s senior year in 2015.
Why can’t we find Rick Jackson’s?
He wasn’t an NBA player but a post presence.
Find Demetrius Nichols, CJ Fair, Michael Gbinije types.

Not exactly the strawman you describe above.
Actually little gerry pulled in a very talented big in Sid. If he had stayed healthy we would be 3 or more wins better. Kid has huge upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom