Boeheim should do the right thing and step down now. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim should do the right thing and step down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if we are not again next year?

Seriously, what will it take for you and townies to agree it's time?
Dasher isn’t Townie.
He is a realist.
Dasher hates how JB handles recruiting.
Townie can’t say anything critical.

It is frustrating but we are stuck with JB for the next 4-5 years. If Boeheim would adjust his ideas slightly I would feel better but he isn’t likely too.
We just need Hughes, Carey, Bazley all deliver next year.

And if we are NIT again next year?

Seriously, what will it take for you and townies to agree it's time?
lol I'm not going to entertain the idea that this team will be in the NIT next year. The joke is that this is nothing new for those of us that have been around. We have gone through periods before where "fans" thought it was time. You act that like I am out of line for giving Jb next year and that you are being reasonable by wanting him out now. It's the other way around pal. lol

I get the feeling that JB just may hang em up at the end of next season if for some reason we still can’t make the tournament. What I don’t want to happen is 8 seed, 10 seed, NIT, NIT. In other words, just barely enough improvement for everyone to think things are turning the corner and then get slammed in his final 2 years when the coaching transition rumors start all over again.

And if you remember, I was all in favor of Hop taking over next year. How about you? Washington beat Arizona tonight.
I was all in on hop. My only concern was JB meddling behind the scenes. Not because I necessarily think he would, but because it worked out so poorly for UNC

And if you remember, I was all in favor of Hop taking over next year. How about you? Washington beat Arizona tonight.

And let me just say that I was 5 VT beers in when I typed that out last night, and it didn't come across the way I intended.

Regarding recruiting, our problem hasn't been that we can't get good players. The problem is they don't stay. In his last show, JB noted that the top three teams in the country, Villanova, Virginia and Purdue, "have no one and doners". They get their players to stay for four years. The question, then, is how do they do that?

I've said all along that this team would be in the top ten with good health and Tyler Lydon, (who has played for 2 minutes in one game for the Nuggets and had no other stats). Chukwu/Sidibie, Lydon, Brissett, Battle and Howard would have made a heck of a line-up. We wouldn't be demanding that JB "do the right thing" with that group.

Last edited:
cuz all the returning players will be worthless. if anything, worse than they are now
Way to spin what I said completely out of context to fit a post to attack me.
Battle is gone.
Brissett and Howard will obviously be important but the guys I mentioned need to give us more offensive weapons.
But yeah okay.

If we don’t show massive improvement next year, he needs to go.
The problem is being safely off the bubble and an 8 seed might be considered massive improvement by some people. Anything less than a top 4 ACC finish should be the bar.

Regarding recruiting, our problem hasn't been that we can't get good players. The problem is they don't stay. In his last show, JB noted that the top three teams in the country, Villanova, Virginia and Purdue, "have no one and doenrs". They get their players to stay for four years. The question, then, is how do they do that?

I've said all along that this team would be in the top ten with good health and Tyler Lydon, (who has played for 2 minutes in one game for the Nuggets and had no other stats). Chukwu/Sidibie, Lydon, Brissett, Battle and Howard would have made a heck of a line-up. We wouldn't be demanding that JB "do the right thing" with that group.
That's a cop out IMO. Villanova, fine, they are always good and win in the clutch, but they also have a top notch coach in Jay Wright.

Virginia and Purdue?.. really? Virginia never comes through when it counts and Purdue isn't some perennial juggernaut.

In the era of "one and done", complaining about players not staying is weak. Figure it out. It's part of coaching. Somehow other teams do.

That's a cop out IMO. Villanova, fine, they are always good and win in the clutch, but they also have a top notch coach in Jay Wright.

Virginia and Purdue?.. really? Virginia never comes through when it counts and Purdue isn't some perennial juggernaut.

In the era of "one and done", complaining about players not staying is weak. Figure it out. It's part of coaching. Somehow other teams do.

One and done for Carmelo is a lot different than some of the guys we’ve had leave early. Does any other team have as many head scratching early departures?

Where is the CJ Fair on this team.
Or Demetrius Nichols.
Or Michael Gbinije.

We forced BJ Johnson, Ron Patterson out.
We only have 1 Junior in the rotation in Frank Howard. We will lose players off this rotation.
The problem is the players who keep are unproductive 4’s that the coaching staff doesn’t develop.
What JB said about Tyler Roberson was pathetic the fact Robey never ripped him publicly was amazing.
Now we have Moyer and Dolezaj at the same spot.
Can we recruit some offense please at the 4 position instead of length.

One and done for Carmelo is a lot different than some of the guys we’ve had leave early. Does any other team have as many head scratching early departures?
Doesn’t that scream something is up in the program?
The fact players don’t want to stay.
I mean we joke but if Thomas Bryant came to SU he doesn’t give us 2 years.
The question is why?

The question is why?
I wonder if the athletic department does an exit interview with the kids leaving early to understand all the reasons they are leaving.

Duke does seem to lose guys that are AAAA churn as well on top of their top kids. What’s weird is so many of our guys get promptly hurt when they go (not the horses or the Sixers guy).

I wonder if the athletic department does an exit interview with the kids leaving early to understand all the reasons they are leaving.
It’s all money.
But we know Lydon was 50/50 and when Hop left it was 100% gone.
That should tell people something.

If we had a poll that called Tyler Roberson overrated JB wouldn’t do the 10 bleeping games for him.

The question is why?

I think it’s because we have a coach who doesn’t guilt them into staying. A lot of coaches really lean on guys to stay. If JB is so awful I doubt we’d have a full SU coaching staff (which I wish we didn’t). We also have Devendorf, a guy who was pushed out of the program, back on the bench.

Reading Lydon’s Twitter, the only negative feelings he seems to have about Syracuse is idiot fans telling him they’re happy he got hurt.

I'm waiting to see Buddy get the "Tyler Roberson" treatment next year when he makes a bad play. Should be interesting.
I think he will get the Trevor Cooney treatment, but it should be interesting.

I've made this point many times on this board, but how, exactly, are these "head scratching early departures" when almost all of these guys are being selected in the first round and having NBA careers of some sort? To me, it looks like they are achieving their professional aspirations within the parameters of how NBA teams currently assess and value talent.

I've made this point many times on this board, but how, exactly, are these "head scratching early departures" when almost all of these guys are being selected in the first round and having NBA careers of some sort? To me, it looks like they are achieving their professional aspirations within the parameters of how NBA teams currently assess and value talent.

When I think one and done, I think Carmelo or Anthony Davis.

I’ll never begrudge a kid for making money for playing basketball. I love when our guys succeed at the next level.

Where is the CJ Fair on this team.
Or Demetrius Nichols.
Or Michael Gbinije.

We forced BJ Johnson, Ron Patterson out.
We only have 1 Junior in the rotation in Frank Howard. We will lose players off this rotation.
The problem is the players who keep are unproductive 4’s that the coaching staff doesn’t develop.
What JB said about Tyler Roberson was pathetic the fact Robey never ripped him publicly was amazing.
Now we have Moyer and Dolezaj at the same spot.
Can we recruit some offense please at the 4 position instead of length.

I'm not sure you even know what you are asking for. You want 4s to develop in the system and you want 4s that bring offense.

You have Dolezaj and Moyer being asked to do things they are not capable of doing yet because we have no other options on the roster. Those guys should have been (1) Lydon and, if he left early (2) Thompson. Unfortunately they both left.

Moyer and Dolezaj will likely be very solid contributing players in their junior year if they stay. Until then we will have Bazley.

What's happened at this position is another good example of what's happened in the program overall. We had good options. We did not have enough roster space to develop good backup options. During the period of Hop/JB indecision we had trouble recruiting frontline players to meet immmediate needs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors