Boeheim, SU Agree On Contract Extension (through 2021-22?) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim, SU Agree On Contract Extension (through 2021-22?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can definitely see a Boeheim "brain in a jar" scenario where he coaches for the next one hundred years thanks to advances in technology. Incredibly he will still find a way to pick his nose on national TV in this scenario.

For reals though, I am happy to have JB back for as long as we need him. Always lots of reasons to beat up on him but it will take me a long time to get used to anyone else on our sidelines.

1. I really hope we don't see ourselves in front of an NCAA infractions committee in the next few years, or you gotta think the death penalty is in play.

2. When JB decides it's time, will he leave in early November and give Autry his shot at the helm?

3. Does this mean no Maui anytime soon?

Marz was a really solid contributor over on the old CuseOrange.com board. I'd also like to hear his take on that.
I tried to get those guys to move over to CSNBBS.com They liked having 5 posts a day...until the board went away.

The owner of the board was ready to set them up...and there were already Cuse fans along with other ACC fans to help traffic at the website...sigh.

Last edited:
So frank beamer and Bobby Bowden part 2..... yes, come at me but it's the truth. He refuses to travel and recruit. This team was an absolute failure. 2 of the last 3 years without a tournament and last year we were lucky to make the tournament. Yes we made the final four but we were one of the lowest rated teams ever to make the tournament and then our bracket proceeded to break our way. Yes jimmy was great for us for a long time, but at some point it is time to move on for both parties. Jimmy will never leave on his own volition however, he will always want to coach. At some point he will have to be pushed out...

JB's successor hasn't been born yet.
Do we have a Bionics Department? Is there a The Island situation somewhere, to supply JB with parts should he need them in the next forty-four years?

lol that people actually thought we'd be doing a national coaching search and paying top dollar for a head coach after next season.
Could still happen. I expect JB will decide in mid-summer in the next couple of years that he's not coming back. He will time said announcement to minimize personal accolades and recruiting disruption; and maximize SU's chances of running a successful national coaching search.

IMG_0474.JPG

This is a great post. The problem with your first paragraph scenario is that recruits, coaches and parents aren't going to be thrilled with the vague notion of "extension." They are going to want to know for sure how long JB is going to be around. (Even if it's "for at least the first two years so and so is at SU" or whatever).

People have been lying to recruits forever. Hot young coaches are always moving. They manage to bring guys in. Now JB just has to say he plans to be here for the next four years. Get two cycles of decent recruiting and then retire.

They could start cloning him Multiplicity-style. Each successive Boeheim clone would be more irritable than the last. Send the meanest one to do press conferences.
This may actually be the current reality

So frank beamer and Bobby Bowden part 2... yes, come at me but it's the truth. He refuses to travel and recruit. This team was an absolute failure. 2 of the last 3 years without a tournament and last year we were lucky to make the tournament. Yes we made the final four but we were one of the lowest rated teams ever to make the tournament and then our bracket proceeded to break our way. Yes jimmy was great for us for a long time, but at some point it is time to move on for both parties. Jimmy will never leave on his own volition however, he will always want to coach. At some point he will have to be pushed out...
And the Nostradamus award goes to…

I enjoy your posts but damn you for bumping this - my heart almost gave out when I first glanced at the thread title.
The point is the HC contract can’t be that much longer. If it expires then the AD avoids a mess.

That puts all the rumors and speculation to bed.

Now he needs to go hire a dynamic recruiter to fill the assistant vacancy. Lots of work to do for the 2018 class.

Basically, JB will be here for another 5 years. He will coach Buddy until he graduates and they will go out together.
We can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors