Boeheim, SU Agree On Contract Extension (through 2021-22?) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim, SU Agree On Contract Extension (through 2021-22?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
raw

This is perfect though. Recruits know now - OK JB has 5 years left. That's the stability.

If JB wants to retire in 2019 i'm sure he will. So this "5 years" really is meaningless with the exception of helping with recruiting

JB needs to be recruiting this week.

Enough now he got a 5 year extension.

Do the grind work now. No USA basketball this summer. Go recruiting.

Do not hire Devo to replace Hop.
It's really a 4 yr extension. Doesn't mean he'll stay for the entire contract. But it provides stability and makes it hard to negative recruit against him. Probably the idea.

Last edited:
Outsider here, and must have been a complicated situation with Hopkins, but IMHO you don't push out a HOF BB coach who still has some English on the ball so to speak (no losing seasons in 40 years ?!) - next year and for some time to come there will still be 4 HOF coaches in the league - now he needs to develop or get a PG and try to get back to the dance next year.

The only upside of this is perhaps we don't get left with someone's sloppy leftovers when Roy Williams and Coach K both retire within that timeframe.

Outsider here, and must have been a complicated situation with Hopkins, but IMHO you don't push out a HOF BB coach who still has some English on the ball so to speak (no losing seasons in 40 years ?!) - next year and for some time to come there will still be 4 HOF coaches in the league - now he needs to develop or get a PG and try to get back to the dance next year.
"Try to get back to the dance"..

Quite the high bar we're setting for ourselves...

The best news in all of this...our athletic director does not take his time. He makes a quick decision to stem the tide...recruits are taken care of, the remainder of the staff is taken care of, and no more media speculation. Immediate attention.

The remainder of the staff is taken care of? Don't we need another assistant?

JB needs to be recruiting this week.

Enough now he got a 5 year extension.

Do the grind work now. No USA basketball this summer. Go recruiting.

Do not hire Devo to replace Hop.

For anyone at the Hardwood Banquet, the person who received the most praise that night from JB was Devo. JB also choked up when taking about the family of assistants he's built at SU. Not saying this translates to Devo getting a bump, but it wouldn't shock me. I would be more shocked if he hired someone with no SU connection.

Denied by Cuse: "length of extension is not public."

I have no problem with that. They're probably huddling as we speak to form a coherent plan, one that doesn't resemble a drowning man grasping at straws. I'd expect nothing less.

This day has been a giant sadistic tease. I woke up with Oh my god! Then at midday, it was, Oh my god. Finish the day with Oh my god.

Three entirely different inflections.

Now get Buddy to commit and all the kids will know he's here for 5 more years.
And gotta admit it will be cool to see 3 Boeheims on the team in two years (JB, Buddy, and Jimmy when he transfers over from Cornell). Some degree of nepotism? Sure, but as much as I would not have complained if he stepped down sooner vs later, the guy has devoted his entire life to syracuse with very good success, so short of a complete and total meltdown he deserves to go out as he desires with some happiness, to whatever degree that is possible with him.

Interesting day.

For anyone at the Hardwood Banquet, the person who received the most praise that night from JB was Devo. JB also choked up when taking about the family of assistants he's built at SU. Not saying this translates to Devo getting a bump, but it wouldn't shock me. I would be more shocked if he hired someone with no SU connection.

Hey marz09, it's been a while, huh? Good to see you back around. :) I never liked Devo, never wanted him in the program. But I accept that he's probably grown up and has also made a solid contribution to the program. And I don't mind some getting a second chance when he's earned it. So I'm just gonna be quiet on this front.

If you'd like to give a report on the Hardwood Banquet, that would be awesome. If not, that's fine too.

If you'd like to give a report on the Hardwood Banquet, that would be awesome. If not, that's fine too.

Marz was a really solid contributor over on the old CuseOrange.com board. I'd also like to hear his take on that.

It doesn't shock me JB loves his assistants they all played for JB and won him games.

We need to up our recruiting game. I have no problem with Devo being employed as supporting staff. We need a recruiter. It is an obvious hole we have now.

We need a big man coach as well. I don't want Autry, GMac or Devo none of whom are former bigs coaching our bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom