Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020

BTW, I would not be surprised if Lydon and/or McCullough tested positive (independently) and that’s the real reason why they’re out. (Did we even get a reason why McCullough’s out?)

Lydon said he’s injured, but haven’t seen anything on McCullough.

Lydon said he’s injured, but haven’t seen anything on McCullough.

A close friend of Chris was shot and killed Sunday night.

"Chris McCullough, the 6-foot-10 forward, has opted not to play in TBT. He told Boeheim’s Army General Manager Kevin Belbey he was overcome with grief after the fatal Sunday shooting of 17-year-old Brandon Hendricks, a Bronx native and Monroe High School basketball player with whom McCullough was close. "

"Chris McCullough, the 6-foot-10 forward, has opted not to play in TBT. He told Boeheim’s Army General Manager Kevin Belbey he was overcome with grief after the fatal Sunday shooting of 17-year-old Brandon Hendricks, a Bronx native and Monroe High School basketball player with whom McCullough was close. "

Ugh. Horrible. Thanks for sharing the info.

Then scrap it. If you're going to host a tournament, why penalize an entire team because of one person? You're asking them to take the risk and then saying your entire team can't play instead of expelling the positive person.
The teams and players all agreed to these conditions coming in.

dropping like flies
My fear for what's in store for MLB / NFL / CFB. And NBA.

Last edited:
My fear for what's in store for MLB / NFL / CFB. And NBA.

Players are absolutely going to get it during the season.

I think the question is what happens when like 7 players on the same MLB team all get it at the same time?

Players are absolutely going to get it during the season.

I think the question is what happens when like 7 players on the same MLB team all get it at the same time?
I think it's more like what happens when ONE player gets it? What do you do then?

Does the entire team pull itself out of participation? Do you quarantine just the player? All the team? how do you have a viable season if certain teams have to drop out midway?
Big implications afoot...

I think it's more like what happens when ONE player gets it? What do you do then?

Does the entire team pull itself out of participation? Do you quarantine just the player? All the team? how do you have a viable season if certain teams have to drop out midway?

One player? Quarantine. I don’t think that’s as big of a deal now as it was 4 months ago.

But the way this works, it’s pretty unlikely for just one player to have it. Unfortunately it seems to spread like wildfire.

One player? Quarantine. I don’t think that’s as big of a deal now as it was 4 months ago.

But the way this works, it’s pretty unlikely for just one player to have it. Unfortunately it seems to spread like wildfire.
I think that perspective completely overlooks the potential for the entire team to be infected because one player is, for all the reasons you specify in your second sentence.

All the teams and players dropping out.. this is lining up to be a dud possibly. It looked great when in May we were running towards cases dropping everywhere. Now... 53k a day and growing.
As goes the TBT could possibly go the other leagues. Everyone needs to bubble up.

Awful. I stand corrected and I feel terrible.

The answer is yes, but continue to be an idiot on your own time.
Are you sure about that? Because someone who is asymptomatic would still test positive.

Huge implications for higher ed as a whole. Considerable resources are going into "social distancing" policies and sterilization measures for dorms and other academic buildings across the country. Since they are largely unenforceable and kids will be kids, I don't see in-person higher ed lasting very long, and sports will go down with it. If we had a unified, national plan to only get the most critical in-person courses (such as labs and students doing research) and athletics on campus, we may (MAY!) have stood a chance. Right now, almost every school is announcing that they will try to force in-person classes to avoid cratering enrollment numbers. It's tough to imagine fall sports at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom