Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020

Elam ending for Herd That/TMT has been pretty exciting

Another upset.. OSU last night... and now Money Mayweather! Overseas Elite (the favorites imo) is up next...

Setting up nicely around us.

Doesn't mean that we'll live up to our three seed, but couldn't ask for anything more in terms of what's transpiring in other games.
Still will likely have to deal with Overseas Elite unfortunately

The Money Team has Wiltjer and Tony Wroten. They will be formidable IMO. Also Paign's Mike Daum has been the best player in TBT so far.
Not surprised by the bottom part. Shame he’s not in the NBA fun player.

Jarrett Jack DNP for OE. They have Joe Johnson, however the rest of their roster doesn't scare me much (Pooh Jeter is good, Justin Burrell is good... ).

First off, it was nice to have some live Syracuse basketball back despite how it played out.

This year, we know Belbey intentionally tried a new roster construction with no traditional centers, etc. Not sure if Belbey has actually said who he asked to play but was turned down, etc. We all have our dream rosters, but I am not so sure some of them are feasible as some players just don't want to play in TBT (at least yet).

Some combination of these Cuse alums would be awesome and might be willing next year (these would be my first calls anyway)...
Ennis, MCW, Triche, (Gillon if I can't land 2 of those 3)
Mali (I'd give him another shot- pun intended), Rautins, Tyus
Wes, Joseph, BJ (AW3 another option)
Lydon, CJ, McCullough
Rak (could also add a younger traditional center like Chewy)
Player/Coach: Devo (give him an assistant to help with subs)
I didn't include Melo, Dion, or Jerami as I don't think they'd join yet. A few more on the wish list above may not be ready to play TBT yet either.

I'd also be in favor of 2 Cuse teams. The player pool is there, but make it a true A Team and B Team. I'd prefer Boeheim's Army to figure out the right roster construction and execution = championship... before putting 2 teams in though.

First off, it was nice to have some live Syracuse basketball back despite how it played out.

This year, we know Belbey intentionally tried a new roster construction with no traditional centers, etc. Not sure if Belbey has actually said who he asked to play but was turned down, etc. We all have our dream rosters, but I am not so sure some of them are feasible as some players just don't want to play in TBT (at least yet).

Some combination of these Cuse alums would be awesome and might be willing next year (these would be my first calls anyway)...
Ennis, MCW, Triche, (Gillon if I can't land 2 of those 3)
Mali (I'd give him another shot- pun intended), Rautins, Tyus
Wes, Joseph, BJ (AW3 another option)
Lydon, CJ, McCullough
Rak (could also add a younger traditional center like Chewy)
Player/Coach: Devo (give him an assistant to help with subs)
I didn't include Melo, Dion, or Jerami as I don't think they'd join yet. A few more on the wish list above may not be ready to play TBT yet either.

I'd also be in favor of 2 Cuse teams. The player pool is there, but make it a true A Team and B Team. I'd prefer Boeheim's Army to figure out the right roster construction and execution = championship... before putting 2 teams in though.

Current NBA players are ineligible.

They are under contract, and there’s zero point zero chance they risk real, guaranteed money for a long shot chance at what is chump change for them.
Probably ditto for anybody w a good overseas contract.
(at this time).

So, guys like Wes & MCW are likely out, and of course Melo, Dion, & Jerami are OUT.

Southy was GREAT last time he played for us - see: the 25pt 2nd half comeback.
BJ - take him in a heartbeat too, but he’s been getting run in the Association, so he’s probably not interested (for now).

CJ & KrisJo - neither was very effective when they last ran w BArmy.
Dunno why, they just didn’t have it

Hopefully Rak will be looking for a short break from new Daddyhood next summer - he would be absolutely ideal for BArmy.

Not having Lydon & CMac hurt this team tremendously.
Younger legs & Bigs were missing.
(Along with 80% of our shots. :confused: )

Current NBA players are ineligible.

They are under contract, and there’s zero point zero chance they risk real, guaranteed money for a long shot chance at what is chump change for them.
Probably ditto for anybody w a good overseas contract.
(at this time).

So, guys like Wes & MCW are likely out, and of course Melo, Dion, & Jerami are OUT.

Southy was GREAT last time he played for us - see: the 25pt 2nd half comeback.
BJ - take him in a heartbeat too, but he’s been getting run in the Association, so he’s probably not interested (for now).

CJ & KrisJo - neither was very effective when they last ran w BArmy.
Dunno why, they just didn’t have it

Hopefully Rak will be looking for a short break from new Daddyhood next summer - he would be absolutely ideal for BArmy.

Not having Lydon & CMac hurt this team tremendously.

Younger legs & Bigs were missing.
(Along with 80% of our shots. :confused: )
Yeah, I knew that NBA players are ineligible. But I wasn't sure what the contracts of guys like Wes or MCW were.. might be on one years. Again, not sure and didn't look it up.

Southerland was solid last go around but I'd prefer some of the others guys I listed first.

I would rather have had CJ or Kris over say a Nichols. Or even a Silent G. Younger legs were definitely needed.

Roberson would be great. They need bangers and rebounders and he wouldn’t take any threes. They need to play with maturity. Even guys who apparently signed up to rebound and defend the paint are secretly dreaming of “lighting it up from 3.” It’s foolishness. I think they should have 3 guys who are allowed to take threes. If any of them take more than 9 attempts in a game they forfeit $5k of winning share. If anybody else on the team takes a 3 they get docked $10k per attempt (make or miss).

Devo is the only guy that really has consistently performed in this tournament over the years for us. I was shocked how bad Nichols was for example.

Last edited:
Roberson would be great. They need bangers and rebounders and he wouldn’t take any threes. They need to play with maturity. Even guys who apparently signed up to rebound and defend the paint are secretly dreaming of “lighting it up from 3.” It’s foolishness. I think they should have 3 guys who are allowed to take threes. If any of them take more than 9 attempts in a game they forfeit $5k of winning share. If anybody else on the team takes a 3 they get docked $10k per attempt (make or miss).

Devo is the only guy that really has consistently performed in this tournament over the years for us. I was shocked how bad Nichols was for example.

I believe Nichols was coming off surgery even prior to COVID hitting, so this was really his first time playing in a long time.

I hope Sideline pulls out this game against ovreseas and beats Marquette.

All tied minute to the Elam.

I believe Nichols was coming off surgery even prior to COVID hitting, so this was really his first time playing in a long time.
Ya he really didn't look right.

Could have easily called a foul on Overseas Elite there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom