Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020

Just cancel it. They eliminated more than half of the field and the penalty for one positive test is heavy.

24 teams is odd though, do the top 8 teams get byes?

That would be my guess.

9-24
10-23
11-22
12-21
13-20
14-19
15-18
16-17

Winners will advance to Round of 16, then a standard bracket from there.

So they are starting when the NBA starts? Not ideal.
I don’t think anyone is in a position to be picky. Kudos to them for an actual plan. Scaling down to something manageable is smart and this could be a great event.

I’ll miss it in Syracuse. A lot of fun last year.

Yes, another in a long line of lost fun things to do. Sigh. Hopefully we can watch it on TV.

Lots of really good teams this year too. Tennessee's alum team is particularly strong.

I guess we knew it was coming, I just didn't want to believe it. I've got until July to figure out how to get myself into that arena lol.

Removing an entire team from the tournament for one positive test seems harsh

With those players all quarantined together as a team, if 1 player tests positive, some of the others are likely close behind.

And then those guys would be going out on the court to play hard for 2 hours, thereby potentially exposing players from the opposition.

They need to err on the side of caution if there are going to be any games at all.
And they are.

Yes, another in a long line of lost fun things to do. Sigh. Hopefully we can watch it on TV.

I think the only way this thing would happen is if its televised.

No doubt this will get on the air somehow.

I will watch every Boeheim's Army game but will not watch one NBA game this summer.

If the NBA is playing in one location they are going to have to play games throughout the day and since ESPN is their main television provider it may be difficult to see all the games.

If the NBA is playing in one location they are going to have to play games throughout the day and since ESPN is their main television provider it may be difficult to see all the games.

NBA is going to go straight to playoffs. TNT has rights for half of them. ESPN/ABC will have the other half, with NBA TV also mixed in.

ESPN2 & ESPN+ will have plenty of open slots. Look at the prior years -- those were the main platforms for TBT anyway.

Is it ideal? Probably not. But there's plenty of space for both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom