Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2020

With those players all quarantined together as a team, if 1 player tests positive, some of the others are likely close behind.

And then those guys would be going out on the court to play hard for 2 hours, thereby potentially exposing players from the opposition.

They need to err on the side of caution if there are going to be any games at all.
And they are.
Things could go downhill very fast if multiple teams out of the 24 have guys test positive. Definitely running the risk of losing a decent chunk of the teams they select.

Not that I disagree with the policy, I haven’t given it enough thought, but the tournament could change drastically the day off

NBA is going to go straight to playoffs. TNT has rights for half of them. ESPN/ABC will have the other half, with NBA TV also mixed in.

ESPN2 & ESPN+ will have plenty of open slots. Look at the prior years -- those were the main platforms for TBT anyway.

Is it ideal? Probably not. But there's plenty of space for both.

Last I saw it was 5 regular season games to get teams ready.

24 teams is odd though, do the top 8 teams get byes?

Think that is being caused by the single location snd s compressed schedule. They would presumably have no more than 4 games a day, so 24 teams with 8 receiving byes would mean 8 first round games over two days and 8 second round games over two days. Probably two days of prime time doubleheaders for the Elite 8.

It currently has Boeheim's Army (BA) as ineligible, there are over 24 teams listed as eligible. Does it mean BA will not be one of the 24 teams?

Or they will eligible once they announce the rest of the players? I see that most of the eligible teams have at least 8 people, BA currently has 6.

If the NBA is playing in one location they are going to have to play games throughout the day and since ESPN is their main television provider it may be difficult to see all the games.

Disney's Wide World of Sports can accommodate multiple games at once.

This is going to be a good team...McCullough spills the beans and is number 7 on the roster. Great pickup. Still would love to see Rak Christmas or a Hak to fill out the bigs and one more versatile shooter.

The team is young and very versatile. I think a McCollough/Lydon front court is really solid.

I hope not. That’s double the number of humans that could test for it and ruin things for everyone even if everyone is totally healthy. 8 seeds don’t beat 1 seeds. If the entire league is in Orlando I’d say 2 exhibition warmups East teams vs West teams and then play the playoffs.

Not a chance. Too many people and would take too long.

And even if they did do final 5 regular season games, regional sports stations would get the rights to fulfill obligations the NBA has to them. So it wouldn't matter much for TBT.

Those are harsh penalties, but I think they're realistic in terms of really being the only option that works.

he’s probably the worst player in Boeheims Army history.
Hate backing negativity Re: this fun team but sadly that’s true. Hopefully this team polices itself and doesn’t let the iso nonsense and chucking happen. And hopefully he comes ready to work.

Hate backing negativity Re: this fun team but sadly that’s true. Hopefully this team polices itself and doesn’t let the iso nonsense and chucking happen. And hopefully he comes ready to work.

I probably shouldn't have come off that harsh as I know he loved Syracuse and came from a rough background, but he was a tough watch the last time he was on the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom