Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2021

I’d rather lose with our guys than win with this team.
I guess i can understand some people thinking like this but is it any different than your favorite pro team signing a hired gun to get over the top. I'm a Cubs fan and when they sacrificed their top prospect to get Aroldis Chapman for a few months did anyone care when they hoisted their 1st WS in a decade? Let BA win it once and then worry about it. Can you be happy for these guys who probably need the cabbage.
As a Cardinals fan, I’m obligated to correct you. Not a decade, a century.

As a Cardinals fan, I’m obligated to correct you. Not a decade, a century.
Old timer's disease. Obviously wayyyyy more than a decade. I have edited my post. Thanks.

Sure, but I guess all teams are made up. I only watched this tournament because of an SU alum team which gives me an opportunity to watch guys I’ve rooted for pretty much my entire life. Two to three starters for this team never had anything to do with Syracuse.

I would agree with you if the team was just a few SU guys and the rest was non-SU guys. But it's still a majority SU team.

I would agree with you if the team was just a few SU guys and the rest was non-SU guys. But it's still a majority SU team.
Not to mention the whole “named for us and as affiliated with us as something like this is allowed to be” thing!

we accept transfers onto the “real” team but it’s a no go on this for some? Just a goofy pov. Have fun with it. If our actual players on the team are cool with it, I think we can find a way to step down from Mt. Pious and enjoy it with them.

Sure, but I guess all teams are made up. I only watched this tournament because of an SU alum team which gives me an opportunity to watch guys I’ve rooted for pretty much my entire life. Two to three starters for this team never had anything to do with Syracuse.

I agree with you. I've never been that crazy about this thing to begin with, but that was the one attraction for me. With it conflicting with the Olympics this year, I wish the guys well but I'll be watching the Olympics primarily.

But I will excuse myself from this thread. I'm honestly not trying to ruin it for those who enjoy it more than I do.

I’d rather lose with our guys than win with this team.
So you’d rather have a team that’s representing the university and the basketball program lose, because it doesn’t satisfy your expectation of what the team should be?

There are not many teams that actually have all alumni on their team anyway, this is not out of the box that we decided to search else for talent to help out winning...and when it’s a difference of being just alright or good, but not being championship caliber - to being great and potentially winning the tournament, I personally am all for the large # of Syracuse representatives being passionate about winning and taking home a mighty fine paycheck to aid in their personal lives.
It will be a good look for the program as a whole if they win, but hey to each their own.

Terrific. Now, people might get mad when it relegates Eric to 15 minutes a game...

But if the goal is to win, I'm in favor of these two additions.
And by win we mean getting our boys paid.

2/3 of that mill $ will go Orange

How people are “disappointed” or “mad” that our guys have a better chance of making some good $ this tourny vs previous years is the definition of selfishness. AW did a hell of a job getting these additions.

I hope these non Cuse guys can get ours over the top and our boys can cash in

I'd love to see an entire SU team but we have yet to field one of those during TBT. For whatever reasons; injuries or "they just don't want to play", there are a couple of positions that we have historically struggled to fill with SU alums.

Truthfully, for me it is just a summer diversion and mostly a chance to see some SU players that we have not watched since their SU days ended. Once SU has exited the tournament, my interest drops to zero. I know that there are others who really get into the tournament but I really get into BA and that's all.

This year we have several guys who have not played for BA previously and I'm really excited to see them again. Kind of like the days when we had the Old Timer's Game as part of the preseason intersquad scrimmage. I think JB may have sprained an ankle one year during one of those. I'm looking forward to seeing Lydon, Malachi, McCullough, and Paschal for the first time in awhile and Devo, CJ, and White are always a sight for sore eyes. Hopefully the guys can make some $$$ and the guys who are looking for new homes next year can make an impression on some team, somewhere.

Truthfully, for me it is just a summer diversion and mostly a chance to see some SU players that we have not watched since their SU days ended. Once SU has exited the tournament, my interest drops to zero. I know that there are others who really get into the tournament but I really get into BA and that's all.

This is exactly how I feel about it. Would I prefer all SU alums? Sure, but like a lot of things in the past year or two, things need to evolve. If you ask the SU guys this question what do you think they would answer - "You can go with all SU alumns and maybe make it to the Regional Final or you can add a couple of 'outsiders' with talent who could maybe help you win the ultimate prize?" Hmmmm.

1625591093165.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom