Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023

Kane would help, for sure.
Agree. On the court Kane is a big plus. Off the court he is one of the least likeable players Boeheim's Army has had and a loose cannon. I went to watch BA play in Peoria a few years back. Kane was trying to fight a whole section of fans while he was on the bench. Telling them to meet him outside, how he was going to harm them, and calling them every homophobic word in the book. Keep in mind this all is taking place with families and kids of BA players sitting right there. Not a good look.

I think Battle & Buycks is a good start at G.

BJ Johnson & McCullough in this format would be a really good forward combo, with White possibly being the fifth starter and pushing McCullough to center, or Chukwu being the starter against bigger teams with White off the bench.

Boeheim & Morgan are two decent bench parts. I do think Kane would be a good addition. Also think we could use one more guard that can create his own shot.

Morgan, Battle, Buycks hopefully Kane and BJ too. That should be good enough for guard/wing. If Kane is out... that would hurt.
Seems like you need bulldog guards that are strong enough to play through contact, and that can penetrate and score or kick, and shoot it on offense..,,and that can D up(which includes getting away with fouling just enough that these refs don’t call it), are what wins every year in this tournament.

11 players, 12 years combined of playing for Syracuse, Battle taking up 4 of the 12 years.
So welcome to the family for the new guys! BA has to be its own brand that goes beyond our alum if we want to compete. We can’t force people to be available and/or interested. Let’s fish from the biggest/best pond to stock the team.

I kinda like the way the roster had shaped up. This tourney usually comes down to guards and I think we have 4 good ones in Battle Buycks Riller and Morgan. Add Kane and BJ at SF and that leaves are front court with the big question marks. XMas, Chuckwu, and McCullough are long and between them should fill up the center spot. Jimmy B is our stretch forward with McC maybe getting some PF min if we go big. Not sure where White gets minutes but glad to have one player too many than be one short, especially if an injury comes calling. All in all a good job putting what should be a competitive roster together that still has 7 players tied to SU.

The Boeheim’s Army roster now looks like this:
Tyus Battle,
Chris McCullough,
Paschal Chukwu,
Rakeem Christmas,
Jimmy Boeheim,
Andrew White,
BJ Johnson,
Deandre Kane,
Dwight Buycks,
Matt Morgan,
Grant Riller.
11 players, 12 years combined of playing for Syracuse, Battle taking up 4 of the 12 years.
Battle for 4 Xmas for 4. Chuckwu at least 2 Mac JB and white 1 per. bJ 2? I think ur math a little fuzzy?

The Boeheim’s Army roster now looks like this:
Tyus Battle,
Chris McCullough,
Paschal Chukwu,
Rakeem Christmas,
Jimmy Boeheim,
Andrew White,
BJ Johnson,
Deandre Kane,
Dwight Buycks,
Matt Morgan,
Grant Riller.
2 career long Cuse guys.
1 one and done who played like 10 games.
1 who transferred in and played multiple seasons.
2 grad transfers.
1 who played 2 years and transferred out.

And 4 other guys.

Good enough for me to follow and watch I guess, but Battle and Christmas are the only ones I ever remember rooting for in a big NCAA tourney game.

*shrug*

Those early teams with Southerland, Warrick, Devendorf, etc. really had my interest.

Any word on who is coaching this team? Currently no one is listed on the TBT website. Most other teams have a coach listed.

2 career long Cuse guys.
1 one and done who played like 10 games.
1 who transferred in and played multiple seasons.
2 grad transfers.
1 who played 2 years and transferred out.

And 4 other guys.

Good enough for me to follow and watch I guess, but Battle and Christmas are the only ones I ever remember rooting for in a big NCAA tourney game.

*shrug*

Those early teams with Southerland, Warrick, Devendorf, etc. really had my interest.
Well, let's be honest though, those guys were from a more interesting era than we've watched recently.

If we're feeding Boeheim's Army primarily from Cuse guys in recent history, it's... not the most thrilling group to pull from.

Well, let's be honest though, those guys were from a more interesting era than we've watched recently.

If we're feeding Boeheim's Army primarily from Cuse guys in recent history, it's... not the most thrilling group to pull from.
Yeah, that kinda hit me as I made the post. The guys from when we were typical Cuse have either aged out or are close to aging out of this.

The first couple years were a fun novelty act but this has no appeal to me at all anymore.
Eh, my standards are pretty low.

I still will watch it if it's convenient.

You still in Utah btw? I continue my successful streak of living in Utah while working remotely for companies headquartered in places with a higher cost of living.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom