Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army / TBT 2023

5 guys who didn’t play for Syracuse.

Of those who did, 1 barely played and then transferred out, 2 of them transferred in for one year, one left after 1 year of college where he played like 10 games. Even Chukwu transferred in.

He was here a few years so there’s a little more attachment, and otherwise Battle and Christmas are the only ones that were all Orange and here multiple years.

Not the same as the early days when Lawrence Moten was player coach and the roster would only have 1 or 2 guys from elsewhere, and the roster was filled with 3-4 year guys like Warrick, Pace, Devendorf, Nichols, Roberts, Jackson, Southerland, Triche, etc. I had way more fan attachment to those guys.
People are getting too old to play. This is the reality. They have two choices, adapt or fold.

The roster, as has been a TBT tradition, has undergone some transformations.

Malachi Richardson was added to the Boeheim’s Army roster late Thursday. He had briefly appeared on the roster a while back, but was subsequently removed and then re-added.

Tyus Battle was playing professionally in China as recently as this week. Boeheim’s Army general manager Shaun Belbey said Thursday night that “everyone currently on our roster is showing up as of now.”

The rest of the roster: Chris McCullough, Paschal Chukwu, Rakeem Christmas, Jimmy Boeheim, BJ Johnson, Matt Morgan, Deandre Kane, Jamil Wilson, Grant Riller and Dwight Buycks, Jr.

5 guys who didn’t play for Syracuse.

Of those who did, 1 barely played and then transferred out, 2 of them transferred in for one year, one left after 1 year of college where he played like 10 games. Even Chukwu transferred in.

He was here a few years so there’s a little more attachment, and otherwise Battle and Christmas are the only ones that were all Orange and here multiple years.

Not the same as the early days when Lawrence Moten was player coach and the roster would only have 1 or 2 guys from elsewhere, and the roster was filled with 3-4 year guys like Warrick, Pace, Devendorf, Nichols, Roberts, Jackson, Southerland, Triche, etc. I had way more fan attachment to those guys.
Even the head coach transferred in.

The roster, as has been a TBT tradition, has undergone some transformations.

Malachi Richardson was added to the Boeheim’s Army roster late Thursday. He had briefly appeared on the roster a while back, but was subsequently removed and then re-added.

Tyus Battle was playing professionally in China as recently as this week. Boeheim’s Army general manager Shaun Belbey said Thursday night that “everyone currently on our roster is showing up as of now.”

The rest of the roster: Chris McCullough, Paschal Chukwu, Rakeem Christmas, Jimmy Boeheim, BJ Johnson, Matt Morgan, Deandre Kane, Jamil Wilson, Grant Riller and Dwight Buycks, Jr.

So kinda confusing is Tyus playing or not.. did we swap him for Malachi?

Jordan Roland! Dudes a bucket getter!
My AAU team gave his Syracuse Select team a hell of a game at Le Moyne back in the day. I was an above average Class B player and got recruited juco but that game was the first time I stepped on a basketball court and knew I didn’t belong.

His scoring performance in the state finals was the best I’ve ever seen in high school hoops. Dude is such a bucket.

I hate to harp on this, but this is hardly an SU alumni team at this point. Without Tyus and Malachi, there’s 4 players on this team who finished their college careers at Cuse. Additionally, if it’s anything like last year, most of the starters and significant contributors will have no Cuse ties. Just don’t have it be an “SU alumni team” if less that 1/3 of the players are even SU alums.

EDIT: 5 players who finished school from Cuse, so just over 1/3rd of the team. Point still stands though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom