Boeheim's Army vs Men of Mackey | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Men of Mackey

This would be a weird team to win it all. We’re not as balanced as the past and we appear to have a few guys who could struggle in this tournament; but we also have some guys who could take over a game.

Is Diamond Stone out for good? I can’t see us handling him and Thompson for 4 quarters so that could be a big blow

This would be a weird team to win it all. We’re not as balanced as the past and we appear to have a few guys who could struggle in this tournament; but we also have some guys who could take over a game.

Is Diamond Stone out for good? I can’t see us handling him and Thompson for 4 quarters so that could be a big blow

he had a sore foot but may be able to play Saturday

Meh we have a shot against anyone if the threes drop. I doubt there is a team with more offensive talent. OE/OSU I tell our guys to launch them and take their chances tho. I just don’t think we are that athletic some guys have lost a step or two. But everyone can ball

We need to keep getting strips and turnovers because we won’t out rebound anyone but I don’t see anyone winning a game for another team on the post.

Hopefully we get an upset of OSU or OE this round. Shame where the games are being played.

Just 3 more wins to go.

he had a sore foot but may be able to play Saturday
feel like we need him out. Although Donte showed today he can take bigger 5s off the bounce which could be big vs Stone

Meh we have a shot against anyone if the threes drop. I doubt there is a team with more offensive talent. OE/OSU I tell our guys to launch them and take their chances tho. I just don’t think we are that athletic some guys have lost a step or two. But everyone can ball

We need to keep getting strips and turnovers because we won’t out rebound anyone but I don’t see anyone winning a game for another team on the post.

Hopefully we get an upset of OSU or OE this round. Shame where the games are being played.

Just 3 more wins to go.
We were awful from 3 today and still got to 76. Gotta think we won’t shoot that bad again

was awesome to watch live (SU) hoops.
Love him, he seems like a great guy and ambassador - but man Nichols had a really rough game, hopefully he can bounce back.
I like our guards
Love DNic but yeah he looked “old” out there today. Well need either him or White to step up because those appear to be our 4s

Oddly I disagree. This team has some glue guys, all 4 guards bring a different look, Donte looks improved and White and DNic won't be ice cold forever. Rayman is a good replacement for Lydon even if not quite that level. His scrappiness was big and won't fall off. Chris might be the biggest loss but if Donte can reel it in like he did down the stretch I really like our chances.

Last year on paper we were stacked and that didn't equate to getting where we wanted. This year now minus a couple guys we aren't stacked but still very versatile with some different pieces. Nobody has been chucking this year minus a few wild ones from Donte.

Greene at the 5 is actually his best position in this thing. He can't play the wing anymore -- way too slow. But against big guys, if he drives he can get by them and score or draw fouls.

Just need him not to chuck 27 footers and take stupid shots. If the team was more patient it could score every time down the court on most of these teams.

Man, that was cathartic.

Some observations:

Nichols never had great footwork, but wow, he's completely lost that subtle part of his game.

Personally, I love Donte Greene: The Adventure.

Would have loved to see Lydon and McCullough, but credit to Rayman - that dude was a great pick up. Fully understands his role on the team.

So wild how this kind of format completely messes with White. He needs to play structured hoops. This ain't it.

Conversely, this set up is ideal for Devo. It's really incredible to watch his natural ability shine through in this setting.

Not to be a jerk, but... I'm not really sure what Blackwell brings as the coach.

I still love Malachi's game.

That was great. I feel human again.
I’m not even sure if Blackwell is the coach. Devo seems to be doing all the talking during timeouts.

Count me among those appreciating Greene’s effort on defense.

Rayman played well in the first half...when he was exclusively a four. He did not look comfortable playing center in the second half.

Count me among those appreciating Greene’s effort on defense.

Rayman played well in the first half...when he was exclusively a four. He did not look comfortable playing center in the second half.
It looked like DNich was the back up 5 surprisingly

Greene at the 5 is actually his best position in this thing. He can't play the wing anymore -- way too slow. But against big guys, if he drives he can get by them and score or draw fouls.

Just need him not to chuck 27 footers and take stupid shots. If the team was more patient it could score every time down the court on most of these teams.

who is slower these days Donte or Demitris?

I think Rick Jackson...

wait what??!! i cant tell if this is a joke or real? no way he could play for another team when we desperately need a big man...

Lydon and/or Mccullough but specifically both make us a top 4 team. Losing both is incredible bad luck and on par with Arinze injury and Fab suspension as far as importance to the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom