Boeheim's Army vs Sideline Cancer | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Sideline Cancer

Need to rebuild/rethink this setup if we want to get somewhere in TBT.

Need Scoop, Rautins, Southerland

Second straight year the team has basically quit when going down in the second half.
You do realize they’re playing for free, right? Just about everyone on this board gave up on the game, why should the players be any different? What is there to gain by playing hard while getting blown out? The last thing they need is to get hurt and jeopardize their actual careers.

It’s like chirping about older baseball players not running out routine ground balls. The odds of getting injured are far greater than beating out the throw.

Looks like devo does just as much coaching

He’s the guy I’d not think twice about replacing Blackwell with.

Problem is he’s the only guy I definitely want on the team next year.

As awful as BA was with it's game...have to give SC credit.
They played tough D and mostly kept Devo , Triche and Gillon out of the lane.
Second half their ball movement was also pretty good.

Need to rebuild/rethink this setup if we want to get somewhere in TBT.

Need Scoop, Rautins, Southerland
They did rebuild/rethink this setup. Belbey intentionally left out true centers like Onuaku and Watkins and thought Lydon and McCullough would fit the format better. Unfortunately, they couldn’t play.

Is there a reason Gillon didn’t shoot any 3’s? The guy guarding him wasn’t particularly in his face. He wasn’t making a conscious effort to be a passer, was he? That’d be stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize they’re playing for free, right? Just about everyone on this board gave up on the game, why should the players be any different? What is there to gain by playing hard while getting blown out? The last thing they need is to get hurt and jeopardize their actual careers.

It’s like chirping about older baseball players not running out routine ground balls. The odds of getting injured are far greater than beating out the throw.
They are playing for a Million bucks so your statement isn't completely accurate.

it was in Syracuse too before rabid fans, you're right

With Lydon/McCullough out and COVID affecting everything, I didn't have high expectations. And yes last year's team had a nice balanced roster and home court for the early rounds.

The man defense was arguably worse. This team wasn’t going anywhere once Lydon and McCullough dropped out.

You guys are being awfully hard on a team that was playing shorthanded.
What else were we going to do?

I thought that each player gets an agreed upon cut of the winnings?

Should a kid in college, who's a sure fire lotto pick, give up in a game in which is team is losing, so as to not jeopardize his draft position? What about an NBAer in a contract year?

Did you really not understand what I meant?
No I really don't you said they weren't being paid. Had they won today they would Have a shot at a Million bucks so your statement just isn't right.

I thought that each player gets an agreed upon cut of the winnings?

Should a kid in college, who's a sure fire lotto pick, give up in a game in which is team is losing, so as to not jeopardize his draft position? What about an NBAer in a contract year?
Perhaps you and Brian can explain how BA was going to share the winnings after getting blown out in the quarterfinals.

The stakes in college basketball and the NBA are much higher. TBT is a random tournament that most people don’t care about. We as fans are fortunate that any of our alumni are willing to play in this thing.

You must have forgotten that Triche was hurt last year and McCullough dropped out at the last minute.

It’s absolutely a players missing problem. We’ve got guys playing out of position and playing more minutes than expected.

Sure. Has nothing to do with the coaching or how the current roster didn't play even close to their abilities. Excuse it all on two guys. Makes sense.

I should know better. You are never wrong and always right. There is no other opinion beyond yours. Let's just hope we have any sports at all this year beyond this dissappointment.

With everything that's been said, it was good to escape for a week if anything. NHL, MLB and NBA will all be back in a couple of weeks. BA has to get younger going forward. I'm sure some guys who I think would be good to fill out the roster were probably turned off by their experience though.

Perhaps you and Brian can explain how BA was going to share the winnings after getting blown out in the quarterfinals.

The stakes in college basketball and the NBA are much higher. TBT is a random tournament that most people don’t care about. We as fans are fortunate that any of our alumni are willing to play in this thing.
They don't get anything because they lost. All 24 teams were playing for money therefore your statement is incorrect. Sure there isn't as much on the line in the NBA or in college. But a lot of these players aren't making NBA money right now 110 grand is a nice chunk of money to get.

With everything that's been said, it was good to escape for a week if anything. NHL, MLB and NBA will all be back in a couple of weeks. BA has to get younger going forward. I'm sure some guys who I think would be good to fill out the roster were probably turned off by their experience though.
I think this tournament proves the nba bubble is doable. No way in hell baseball comes back without much tighter reins on everything. Not sure how the nhl comeback is planned so I won’t talk to that

No I really don't you said they weren't being paid. Had they won today they would Have a shot at a Million bucks so your statement just isn't right.
We’re talking about players not playing hard while getting blown out. They weren’t going to win, so they weren’t going to get paid.

Sure. Has nothing to do with the coaching or how the current roster didn't play even close to their abilities. Excuse it all on two guys. Makes sense.

I should know better. You are never wrong and always right. There is no other opinion beyond yours. Let's just hope we have any sports at all this year beyond this dissappointment.
OK, boomer.

We’re talking about players not playing hard while getting blown out. They weren’t going to win, so they weren’t going to get paid.
When their down 20 it's a natural reaction to let down a bit. But comebacks do happen.

They don't get anything because they lost. All 24 teams were playing for money therefore your statement is incorrect. Sure there isn't as much on the line in the NBA or in college. But a lot of these players aren't making NBA money right now 110 grand is a nice chunk of money to get.
I think we’re all well aware of the prize money involved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom