Boeheim's Army vs Team Fancy Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Team Fancy Game Thread...

I thought his move going to man was great with 15.7 left...except for the fact he left Jackson in.

I did too. I was suggesting it in this thread. And then he did it. And we have up a basket in about 5 seconds.

I did too. I was suggesting it in this thread. And then he did it. And we have uo a basket in about 5 seconds.

I agreed with your assessment. The execution failed because we had a built in mismatch. That guard must have been drooling when he saw man and Big Rick on the floor. ;)

"Strike first strike hard no mercy sir!"

Blackwell: "I want Team FOE out of commission."

Devo: "I'll make 'em look silly on my way to the rack."

Dirty: "I'll rain threes on these guys like I rained them on Arkansas. They'll beg for umbrellas."

lol well done here gentlemen.
IMG_6711.GIF

Does anyone have lodging info for the final four?

One thing that surprised me was that Gillon had trouble even getting it up the court. We know his height limits his defense at the top of the zone and ability (or is it willingness) to feed the post. However, I would have thought his speed and quickness would allow him to get it past half court easier. When BT was bringing it up, there was never an issue. What a stark contrast. BT looked more confident than ever, even when things didn't go well for him at times.

I did get to watch late last night. I had a great time watching with my oldest daughter and telling her about the players, most of which she couldn't remember because she is 11.

As far as the team I think a healthy Scoop would have helped this team dramatically. He knows how to get guys like Rick and CJ involved. Watching Triche, CJ, Cooney and Southerland play defense makes me realize how bad ours was last year. Devendorf is still a terrific offensive player. Green is still a huge talent who is frustrating to watch. I thought Triche was the key cog on both ends. I was impressed with Riley on defense he certainly challenged shots and allowed others to play aggressively. I had a blast watching.

Overall they did a good job putting this team together but unfortunately Scoop got hurt.
Riley is a good fit in his roll as a backup center. CJ, James, Cooney are good secondary type players who can hurt you and play good defense. Plenty of backcourt fire power with Devo and Brandon. Green is your offensive gunner who has to be accounted for and Rick is still solid in the middle. Scoop would have rounded out this squad very well IMO.

Last edited:
One thing that surprised me was that Gillon had trouble even getting it up the court. We know his height limits his defense at the top of the zone and ability (or is it willingness) to feed the post. However, I would have thought his speed and quickness would allow him to get it past half court easier. When BT was bringing it up, there was never an issue. What a stark contrast. BT looked more confident than ever, even when things didn't go well for him at times.
The level of competition Gillon is seeing here is much greater than anything he faced last season.

Crazy to think Devo is the oldest guy on the team. My girl couldn't believe it. She said Rick Jackson looks 40 years old.

I had trouble recognizing Rick when I first turned it on. I watched the first two games, but I still have to recalibrate in my brain who is on the team and I couldn't figure out who it was for the life of me for about 5 minutes. I knew it wasn't Riley but couldn't remember who the other big was.

I did get to watch late last night. I had a great time watching with my oldest daughter and telling her about the players, most of which she couldn't remember because she is 11.

As far as the team I think a healthy Scoop would have helped this team dramatically. He knows how to get guys like Rick and CJ involved. Watching guys like, Triche, CJ and Southerland play defense makes me realize how bad ours was last year. Devendorf is still a terrific offensive player. Green is still a huge talent who is frustrating to watch. I thought Triche was the key cog on both ends. I was impressed with Riley on defense he certainly challenged shots and allowed others to play aggressively. I had a blast watching.

Overall they did a good job putting this team together but unfortunately Scoop got hurt.
Riley is a good fit in his roll as a backup center. CJ, James, Cooney are good secondary type players who can hurt you and play good defense. Plenty of backcourt fire power with Devo and Brandon. Green is your offensive gunner who has to be accounted for and Rick is still solid in the middle. Scoop would have rounded out this squad very well IMO.
Yeah, while watching the game last night (twice), I couldn't help but think about what could have been with Scoop. I know a lot of people questioned Riley's presence on this squad, but I agree with you: He's a great fit.

I was also thinking about what makes this team special compared to the other alumni teams. For Boeheim's Army, it's not just about representing your school again or running with some of your old teammates again. It's about the zone. It doesn't matter who is on the roster or whether or not they've played together before. They all know the defense. No other team has that. It's not like the Pitt alums got together and said, "Let's clutch and grab for old time's sake." The 'Nova alumni didn't say, "Hey, let's flame out the first weekend like the good ol' days."

Our players have a bond few other college players have. And it's all because of James Arthur Boeheim. Enjoy it while it lasts, folks. As long as there's a TBT, I'm sure there will always be a Syracuse alumni team. And while they'll always wear that obnoxious color, they won't always play that wacky defense.

BT is one of my all time favorites. I know not everyone felt that way.
didn't he end up as the most winning player in school history? is someone still keeping track of that stat (not that anyone on the most recent teams would have a shot at the lead)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom