Boeheim's Army vs Team Fancy Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's Army vs Team Fancy Game Thread...

Glad we got the Thursday game. That gives the guys an extra day of rest.

Triche being healthy is huge.
Devo-Triche-Fair-Southerland-Jackson is the money lineup.

That is 3/5s of the best zone ever from 2013 with Jackson's offense and Devo's play making skills.

I love CJ but he has not had a good tourney so far.

That's very true. But Fancy had some great players. I just get a big hit from Blackwell, always have since he came to the Cuse.
I like Blackwell, too, and think he will have a nice coaching career. I just don't see him succeeding JB in a year or two or three.

Box-Boeheim.jpg

Way better defender than Greene. We have enough offense without Greene. Fair knows how to play D.

I agree 100% with sentences 1 & 3. I disagree with your second sentence. We will need Donte to score quite a bit in order to win this. When he's shooting well, he opens things up.

I agree 100% with sentences 1 & 3. I disagree with your second sentence. We will need Donte to score quite a bit in order to win this. When he's shooting well, he opens things up.
Devo, Triche, Southerland, Jackson are enough offense on the floor.

Greene takes a lot of bad shots. He scores but he isn't the guy we need to score that is Triche. I just think Fair/Southerland are money time forwards.

I like Blackwell, too, and think he will have a nice coaching career. I just don't see him succeeding JB in a year or two or three.
Ryan Blackwell.jpg
Ryan Blackwell2.jpg
As TB25 said, he's the man.

That game was pretty brutal! Like hearing Greenberg on the call. Love Triche. I continue to be amazed at how invisible CJ seems. I still think he will have a huge game at some point. As for Blackwell, I'm not saying he's not the next Wooden, but I'm not sure how any of you can tell from this tournament. He seems to have virtually no role other than to stand over by the sideline. The team is woefully undisciplined. They had 6 assists on 56 shot attempts in this game!! The one thing I take away from these games is how great of a coach JB really is, because he turned these players into basically semi-pros with discipline and focus as 20 year olds. As grown men, they play with no where near the "professionalism" or effectiveness they displayed at Cuse.

Every basketball junky in the country must be watching this tourney, this could really help recruiting. Need a JB cameo in the next game.

That game was pretty brutal! Like hearing Greenberg on the call. Love Triche. I continue to be amazed at how invisible CJ seems. I still think he will have a huge game at some point. As for Blackwell, I'm not saying he's not the next Wooden, but I'm not sure how any of you can tell from this tournament. He seems to have virtually no role other than to stand over by the sideline. The team is woefully undisciplined. They had 6 assists on 56 shot attempts in this game!! The one thing I take away from these games is how great of a coach JB really is, because he turned these players into basically semi-pros with discipline and focus as 20 year olds. As grown men, they play with no where near the "professionalism" or effectiveness they displayed at Cuse.

Triche, Cooney and Southerland are D league players. Donte/CJ/Rick are good foreign players. All of these guys are better now than they were at Cuse. It's a little bit of a pick up style game that leads to the undiscipline.

Triche, Cooney and Southerland are D league players. Donte/CJ/Rick are good foreign players. All of these guys are better now than they were at Cuse. It's a little bit of a pick up style game that leads to the undiscipline.

Seems to me if Boeheim was coaching this team and the players were interested in being coached, they'd win each game by about 50. That's all I'm saying. He is a master at getting the most out of his players (most of them) and putting them in best possible place to get the most out of their skills.

Wasn't going to shine light on that part.

Great strategy so don't sell yourself short here... just poor execution.

They were smart and found the mismatch with Jackson. Biggest, slowest dude on the floor. He was beat the minute the guy turned the corner off the screen. Atleast he didn't foul him on the layup. ;)

Pretty good post there. I also liked Greenberg on the call. Fortunately Devendorf was on. This was not a game for Gillon at all. This was a grown man's game. Yeah, CJ is invisible. Greene looks heavy to me. Triche and Devendorf were really solid and E looks like he is in great shape. Jackson has some nice touch on those baby hooks but no lift.

But, yeah, credit goes to JB and the staff for getting some of these guys professional gigs. These aren't especially good players and more/less pretty one-dimensional guys. Away from Syracuse they show some poor habits (let's be honest they showed them at SU often) and look lost. Fortunately Team Fancy missed some shots off of some good ball movement. Entertaining game even if it was ugly.

You would have to think that he has much more aspirations that Section III basketball. However, where does that next step take him. Does he take over a school like OCC as their head coach or does he go D-1 as an assistant. I guess he can be successful going either route.

Rumor has it he was going to come in on Hop's staff, and we know what happened with that plan.

That guy had great strategy in the closing timeouts. "We need a quick 3, guys." No guidance in what to do in order to get one. Classic.

I do think Blackwell has some coaching talent. I was questioning him in the prior game because of too much Gillon but it turns out Triche was hurt.

I thought his move going to man was great with 15.7 left...except for the fact he left Jackson in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom