Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success | Syracusefan.com

Boeheims arrogance has eclipsed our success

GooseMutt

All Conference
I am/used to be a fan but he appears so angry and arrogant that he's almist repulsive. He doesn't show any love to anyone ever and almost has a sense of entitlement that doesn't sit well with me right now. He's as jaded as a female bartender in Manhattan on a sat night I just sense a negative energy that no one on team is responding to. Go ahead and shoot me. I said it

I am/used to be a fan but he appears so angry and arrogant that he's almist repulsive. He doesn't show any love to anyone ever and almost has a sense of entitlement that doesn't sit well with me right now. He's as jaded as a female bartender in Manhattan on a sat night I just sense a negative energy that no one on team is responding to. Go ahead and shoot me. I said it
Hey, I've been choir director in that church for a while my friend...

"He's as jaded as a female bartender in Manhattan on a sat night"

that's the best you got ? c'mon posters help this guy out.

..."as jaded as a buddha statue on will smith's mantel" (rimshot).
51PhV%2BlnyYL._SY300_.jpg

His analysis of the team's problems is always reduced to these words: we just need to make more shots. That tells you where his head is at.
Isn't that what all analysis of any team come down to?

Yeah. That cost us in the tournament last year.

Jimmy is a Carmelo short of being the most over-rated coach in college hoops history. The Dome brought in the top talent in the 80s and Jimmy has ridden those top recruits and wins all the way until the present, mostly underachieving with those 80s/90s talented teams. Most any coach could've produced the same results, if not better, when top talent falls right into your lap and playing in the Dome. Fast forward to today, and I would expect a supposed-HOF coach to be able to run a half-court offense, switch up defenses when the zone is clearly not working, or for once, take the blame for your team losing, besides scape-goating the players for not making shots, or seeming disinterested and arrogant, especially with the local media during post-games. The players run your offense, so if open looks are largely not there, it comes back to Jimmy and his plan, or lack there of. This team has talent at each position, but, once again, the talent is largely wasted and game plan is severely lacking. I'm not saying we should be Top 5, but there's no excuse to lose to Uconn, almost lose a 20-lead at home to lowly N. Fla, and South Carolina should've been a very winnable game.

I am very grateful for the '03 NC etc etc and more recently the 2 FFs etc etc so i have given up being critical of his coaching, he clearly has forgotten more than i know. But he can be very amusing (and obviously a little pompous): i think he ended his press conference after NF game by saying (paraphrasing) " we need to get a lot better but WE already knew that" . I took that as a snark at the press expecting too much of this team but otoh the coaching staff knows exactly how to assess this team. I hope i am wrong about my take because just a few short weeks ago JB was obviously saying things like "this team has it all..." and "this is the most talented team i have had in many years" etc.....given those flowery statements i think he should stop snarking at the press' ability (or inability) to properly assess a situation. Lets face it, so far anyway, just about all of us over hyped this team, JB included

it's heartwarming to see the cockroaches scurry over here from syracuse.com during episodes like this

The trolls finally cratered all the advancenet forums a little over a year ago, IIRC. Are they back up now?

your comrade in arms ll+z. mr. tangerineman's worst nightmare. but now you got a good jade joke to share ?
like "jaded as a cork maker in a screw top town " or are you still going town hall ?

we laugh we heal.

Last edited:
If you 'used to be a fan', why are you here?

Not agreeing with the OP but the "used to be a fan" was in reference to boeheim, not the program.

Not agreeing with the OP but the "used to be a fan" was in reference to boeheim, not the program.
OK. Didn't read that way to me. :noidea:

Jimmy is a Carmelo short of being the most over-rated coach in college hoops history. The Dome brought in the top talent in the 80s and Jimmy has ridden those top recruits and wins all the way until the present, mostly underachieving with those 80s/90s talented teams. Most any coach could've produced the same results, if not better, when top talent falls right into your lap and playing in the Dome. Fast forward to today, and I would expect a supposed-HOF coach to be able to run a half-court offense, switch up defenses when the zone is clearly not working, or for once, take the blame for your team losing, besides scape-goating the players for not making shots, or seeming disinterested and arrogant, especially with the local media during post-games. The players run your offense, so if open looks are largely not there, it comes back to Jimmy and his plan, or lack there of. This team has talent at each position, but, once again, the talent is largely wasted and game plan is severely lacking. I'm not saying we should be Top 5, but there's no excuse to lose to Uconn, almost lose a 20-lead at home to lowly N. Fla, and South Carolina should've been a very winnable game.

You're crazy. How does a coach win 1000+ games become overrated? How is that even possible? Seriously, I get you don't like the guy or his style, but he has won every year for the last almost 40 years in three different conferences. Three final fours, 2 finals, and one title. I could keep typing but honestly, it would take too long. Instead, I'll give you the link to his Wikipedia page. Read it and then tell me how he is overrated...

Jim Boeheim - Wikipedia

In addition to all the other responses to your post I'll add this - there is nothing 'supposed' about it. He IS a HOF coach.