Bol over Frank ? | Syracusefan.com

Bol over Frank ?

Nice Jim

It made no sense and it’s the third time a really dumb late game substation hurt us. Benny subbing in to box out the Indiana big guy and then last second free throw. Outmuscled an hoop for Indiana. Jimmy jr as center for the defensive possession against. Wake scores layup to send to overtime.

Subbing Frank out to out bol ajak in for last 20 seconds. Never been in this situation before but go in There and make it happen. Not shockingly he gets outmuscled for game winning rebound and layup.

These are awful decisions for a rookie high school coach to make.

I am shocked and disgusted

Cuse

It made no sense and it’s the third time a really dumb late game substation hurt us. Benny subbing in to box out the Indiana big guy and then last second free throw. Outmuscled an hoop for Indiana. Jimmy jr as center for the defensive possession against. Wake scores layup to send to overtime.

Subbing Frank out to out bol ajak in for last 20 seconds. Never been in this situation before but go in There and make it happen. Not shockingly he gets outmuscled for game winning rebound and layup.

Cuse
Too emotional. You think you wouldn't be saying that about the most experienced coach in basketball

Cuse
I’ve watched the rebound of the missed foul shot several times. From what I saw, JBA actually boxed out his man and stayed with him. The rebounder came from the far side and came across the paint to the near side to grab the ball. Maybe the guy on the far side should have put a body on his man. Unless JBA was supposed to box out a zone instead of a man, it wasn’t his fault.

I’ve watched the rebound of the missed foul shot several times. From what I saw, JBA actually boxed out his man and stayed with him. The rebounder came from the far side and came across the paint to the near side to grab the ball. Maybe the guy on the far side should have put a body on his man. Unless JBA was supposed to box out a zone instead of a man, it wasn’t his fault.
JBA's positioning was fine. The problem was that he didn't jump up and get the rebound.

JBA was put in during the in bounds because he’s a better ball handler than Frank who kept getting tied up or lost the ball when he was the safety valve. The change back should have been made before the FTs since Frank is the better rebounder.

JBA's positioning was fine. The problem was that he didn't jump up and get the rebound.
Watch it again. Not sure how JBA could have followed his guy across the front of the rim, continue to lean on him, then leap back to his original side to grab the ball. The guy o other side was standing between Jimmy and Cole and was untouched as he went across the lane to other side.

JBA was put in during the in bounds because he’s a better ball handler than Frank who kept getting tied up or lost the ball when he was the safety valve. The change back should have been made before the FTs since Frank is the better rebounder.
From what I've seen FA looks like a better FT shooter than JBA (limited sample I know). Were we on defense or offense when the substitution was made?

From what I've seen FA looks like a better FT shooter than JBA (limited sample I know). Were we on defense or offense when the substitution was made?

He came in when we were inbounding the ball. Frank should have come back in when Miami was shooting FTs.

Watch it again. Not sure how JBA could have followed his guy across the front of the rim, continue to lean on him, then leap back to his original side to grab the ball. The guy o other side was standing between Jimmy and Cole and was untouched as he went across the lane to other side.
As the ball came off the front of the rim, JBA was flat-footed. Again, his positioning was fine. He was out-muscled.

As the ball came off the front of the rim, JBA was flat-footed. Again, his positioning was fine. He was out-muscled.
If the man JBA was was boxing was the one who grabbed the rebound, I would concede the point. My last thing on this topic is that JBA can be both outmuscled and also not responsible for the Miami player grabbing the ball. Maybe we will just disagree!

If the man JBA was was boxing was the one who grabbed the rebound, I would concede the point. My last thing on this topic is that JBA can be both outmuscled and also not responsible for the Miami player grabbing the ball. Maybe we will just disagree!
For what it's worth, I don't blame JBA. He shouldn't have been in there.

Cuse
So Benny was unavailable and didn't perform well it those situations before anyways. Neither did Jimmy Jr. It would seem Sid wasn't either. So what choice was there? If JB left Frank in, everyone would be all over that!

Did JB think JBA would be able to handle the press better?

You know how to prevent offensive rebounds off a missed FT? Do what SU does and just have nobody in the lane when attempting them .. because you are so zealously a slave to a crap zone that you can’t risk your players not be in position to defend in case of a miss .. mind you.. within two passes by the offense they’re well out of position anyway

Or, gasp, have 4 rebounders so he could have been bodied by multiple guys. It was just another fundamental failure in a string of fundamental failures.

A couple minutes earlier JB was hitting/pushing Frank while screaming at him as they went into a timeout. This was just after Frank got a rebound off a Jimmy miss and was about to go to the foul line. I have no idea what that was all about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom