Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

Really, a shame. Kid has been snakebitten by injuries.

At this point, I think we just roll with who we have, and not risk further injury or long-term problems.

Sidibe had talent. Too bad his body let him down [similar to DeJuan Coleman, in that regard].

Jim, for goodness sake, retire the kid. Stop the madness.
200.gif

This is very disappointing. Heard in the Bahamas that he was practicing in full and almost ready to go. Even that he might play in some of the games there.

In the long run, keeping Frank in the rotation may prove to be a silver lining.

Too bad if he was close I’d like to see him in and Edwards at the 4.

We don’t have any other good options btw so let’s hope he gets better.

Jim, for goodness sake, retire the kid. Stop the madness.

Indeed!

I mean for Pete's sake, this is the same deal as last year. He gets hurt literally the first few minutes in our first game, and then he was supposedly only going to miss about a month, give or take. A month later, it was the same he practiced today, but got more swelling, etc., etc. Fast forward to this year...more wash, rinse & repeat. Although, it's consistent with our hoops "Groundhog Day" regular seasons as well the past several years. And, how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Indeed!

I mean for Pete's sake, this is the same deal as last year. He gets hurt literally the first few minutes in our first game, and then he was supposedly only going to miss about a month, give or take. A month later, it was the same he practiced today, but got more swelling, etc., etc. Fast forward to this year...more wash, rinse & repeat. Although, it's consistent with our hoops "Groundhog Day" regular seasons as well the past several years. And, how the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Dude there’s nothing behind our starters and we have 5 very good players starting.

A Sid return would be huge.

Too bad if he was close I’d like to see him in and Edwards at the 4.

We don’t have any other good options btw so let’s hope he gets better.
edwards is way too slow to play forward in the zone

anselem is a possibility though

Dude there’s nothing behind our starters and we have 5 very good players starting.

A Sid return would be huge.

No kidding. However, you missed the point, which is, he's primarily been consistently injured and unavailable for the vast majority of his extended time here. Enough is enough! As a result, he's very unreliable.

JB has failed miserably in landing a high quality dependable/productive 5 (though Jesse is looking more and more promising) since Christmas' departure. And, that same level true floor general (sans Kadary) since Ennis left.

This failure has played a quite significant role in our struggles and why we are, and have remained, such a perennial middling/regular season ACC team for years now.

No kidding. However, you missed the point, which is, he's primarily been consistently injured and unavailable for the vast majority of his extended time here. Enough is enough! As a result, he's very unreliable.

JB has failed miserably in landing a high quality dependable/productive 5 (though Jesse is looking more and more promising) since Christmas' departure. And, that same level true floor general (sans Kadary) since Ennis left.

This failure has played a quite significant role in our struggles and why we are, and have remained, such a perennial middling/regular season ACC team for years now.

Yup.

JB the GM has been a complete failure the last few years. 5 years ago you could blame our issues on early departures to the NBA but not anymore. If you told Syracuse fans that his 2 kids would grow up to be very good ACC players a decade ago we'd all assume that they would be surrounded with high end talent and we'd be ranked and a competitor.

Not to mention Jesse almost didn't come back last year if I am not mistaken he basically had a foot out the door during the first wave of corona lockdowns when he was in Europe. He barely played as a Freshman so noone knew he was by far the best of our young center projects.

I feel like every game we play well is going to resemble that Indiana game this year and thats when we play well when we don't we will just get drilled by 20+.

Yeah, um - I’ll believe it when I see it.

That said - IF he can get in for a few minutes and not risk further injury, it might do massive things for his morale.

All the above said - I won’t be holding my breath.
I’d love him as a 3rd option w Jesse and Frank rather than going small, but this is where I’m at also. It stinks and I feel horrible for him but sometimes bodies don’t cooperate

Would definitely be a pleasant surprise after seeing just a week or two ago that he was not even practicing! Have my doubts but pulling for him to get in a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom