Bourama Sidibe Updates | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe Updates

Well, I just hope Frank gets a chance, so that we can keep Jimmy in the forward rotation. We only have 3 forwards, so to play Jimmy at center, too, will mean that Frank probably doesn't get much run.

I hope Jesse and Frank can do the job early in the season, so that when Jimmy does come in to play a small 5, it's because we want to, not because we have to.

Well, I just hope Frank gets a chance, so that we can keep Jimmy in the forward rotation. We only have 3 forwards, so to play Jimmy at center, too, will mean that Frank probably doesn't get much run.

I hope Jesse and Frank can do the job early in the season, so that when Jimmy does come in to play a small 5, it's because we want to, not because we have to.

last night it was Jesse 21 mins, Frank 17 and Jimmy 2 at the 5.

last night it was Jesse 21 mins, Frank 17 and Jimmy 2 at the 5.
That is a good rotation. Maybe the quick hook Frank got at one point made it seem played less than 17 min.

Jimmy offers almost no value as a small ball 5 from what I saw. As a forward his ability to get in the paint and score or dish inside/outside is easily his biggest asset. The 3s will be there when they sag off and it's good he is capable of making them but his bread and butter is in the paint and as a F.

Jimmy offers almost no value as a small ball 5 from what I saw. As a forward his ability to get in the paint and score or dish inside/outside is easily his biggest asset. The 3s will be there when they sag off and it's good he is capable of making them but his bread and butter is in the paint and as a F.
Plus... we're going to struggle rebounding in general, but that gets a lot harder if Jimmy is the center.

Except the last minute of a game when the FT shooting contest begins.

Anything we get out of him is a bonus. His knee is just about done.

I just hope Sidibe can recover enough to have a full, normal life. I worry he'll be limping around for the rest of his life at this point.

I never expected him to take the court this year.

I feel bad for him, but trying to come back and play basketball is asking for lifelong issues. I haven't had more than a fraction of his injuries, and some days my sports caused knee injuries keep me from doing even basic jogging.

That was my impression, as well. Even though Pace's frontline was very small and unathletic, Jimmy didn't do anything during the short time he was playing center. It will be even tougher for him against P5 centers. On the other hand, he did quite well at forward.

Zoo, I've seen the same things as you from his games and clips from Cornell, and as you say, his bread and butter is in the paint, as one of those guys with good footwork, who goes one way, then the other, trying to get his defender moving the wrong way. He has kind of an old man's game.

I think he will be quicker than big centers, and as you said, he can kick out a pass to a wing or corner shooter. That's sort of what we got from Marek, isn't it?

I just hope Sidibe can recover enough to have a full, normal life. I worry he'll be limping around for the rest of his life at this point.

I feel bad for him, but trying to come back and play basketball is asking for lifelong issues. I haven't had more than a fraction of his injuries, and some days my sports caused knee injuries keep me from doing even basic jogging.
Ya same here. I respect his toughness and love of the game but it might be time to hang it up and focus on his life after bball.

Zoo, I've seen the same things as you from his games and clips from Cornell, and as you say, his bread and butter is in the paint, as one of those guys with good footwork, who goes one way, then the other, trying to get his defender moving the wrong way. He has kind of an old man's game.

I think he will be quicker than big centers, and as you said, he can kick out a pass to a wing or corner shooter. That's sort of what we got from Marek, isn't it?

Offensively yes. Defensively though he gives you even less than Marek. He is not a great rebounder and it just takes time to learn those rotations even as smart as he is. I would need to see him vs a legit offense with inside presence to see if he offers any resistance. I don't think he will. He can body up better than Marek but at 6-8 just not long or athletic enough to do much else

Offensively yes. Defensively though he gives you even less than Marek. He is not a great rebounder and it just takes time to learn those rotations even as smart as he is. I would need to see him vs a legit offense with inside presence to see if he offers any resistance. I don't think he will. He can body up better than Marek but at 6-8 just not long or athletic enough to do much else

OK, fair enough. Marek was 6-9 or 6-10, not only 6-8 like Jimmy. But I think Jimmy has a tough streak. He is used to dominating his All American younger brother.

I think Jimmy is the secret weapon of this year's time. Sibling rivalry, properly harnessed, could lead to us having a truly outstanding, all-time offensive team.

I'm not sure that our defense will be up to the challenge, but on paper, if Benny or Sy can become a threat as a slasher on offense, to penetrate big time defenses, then this team will have all the elements offensively.

26 assists on 30 made shots in our first game is really something special.

It's not just talk; if these guys hunt the best shot, and remain this selfless, this could be a hell of a team on offense.

Yep. I had an ACL and a broken ankle on the same leg.
After the ACL (at age 29), I remained reasonably fit until about 40, but after that I couldn't even jog across the street to get out of the way of an oncoming bus. Basically, now I'm roadkill just waiting to happen.

Yep. I had an ACL and a broken ankle on the same leg.
After the ACL (at age 29), I remained reasonably fit until about 40, but after that I couldn't even jog across the street to get out of the way of an oncoming bus. Basically, now I'm roadkill just waiting to happen.

Damn, that's a hard one to "like" Matt. Knee injuries are so bad.

My ACL was too tough to break, it pulled the bone apart instead... My MCL wasn't so kind. I managed to get away without surgery, only rehab and rest, luckily.

My other knee is the bad one. :).

I still can run a bit, but I definitely have my days where the plan is to run a few miles and I turn around by the end of the block.

I guess there are some advantages to being a midget. I am a stocky 5'8", skiied most of my life about 40 times per year, hoops when younger, and never tweaked a knee. Blown out shoulder from weight lifting, thats another story.

Poor kid needs some good luck. I hope that he makes it back this year but doubt that he will provide much. At this point he needs to focus on his health and obtaining a masters so that he is set for life. Sure would be nice if he was able to help in the tourney would be a great way for him to end his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom