Bowling Green journalist on Babers | Syracusefan.com

Bowling Green journalist on Babers

SWC75

Bored Historian
Jordan Stratford of WTOL was interviewed on Orange Nation by Steve Infanti and Sal Maneen.

He said he would be an ideal coach for Syracuse- or anybody. Great offensive mind. He can take the players you have an score big with them or he can go get the players he needs. Babers said you won't see then start blowing people out until about the 6th game of the second year. He believes offense wins games, not defense. Missouri is also said to be interested in him and most of the talk around the BG campus is that he'll be the next Missouri coach, not the next Syracuse coach, although the Dome would be an ideal place for his offense.

SWC, you're not doing his comments justice. Jordan made it sound like Mizzou is the clear front runner

Let's just get it over with, slum it and hire Schiano. Seems to be the way this is going lately.

If Mizzou wants him, they will get him. The odds of us giving him a better offer would be small.

We will then get one of the other guys.

Let's not jump to conclusions until Sat morning.

Don't panic.

That would be an explosive hire for them given the racial tension in the state and especially recently with the university. Like I said in another thread, if Babers goes there I'd be super disappointed as a Syracuse fan - but would respect and root for him there. Could be a real mess.

Jordan Stratford of WTOL was interviewed on Orange Nation by Steve Infanti and Sal Maneen.

He said he would be an ideal coach for Syracuse- or anybody. Great offensive mind. He can take the players you have an score big with them or he can go get the players he needs. Babers said you won't see then start blowing people out until about the 6th game of the second year. He believes offense wins games, not defense. Missouri is also said to be interested in him and most of the talk around the BG campus is that he'll be the next Missouri coach, not the next Syracuse coach, although the Dome would be an ideal place for his offense.

Never trusted anyone with the first name of Jordan.

just got back to my desk after being away all morning, this is super disappointing news

Let's just get it over with, slum it and hire Schiano. Seems to be the way this is going lately.
What's our helicopter budget?
58d6dcda-0ab0-11df-a6e5-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

That would be an explosive hire for them given the racial tension in the state and especially recently with the university. Like I said in another thread, if Babers goes there I'd be super disappointed as a Syracuse fan - but would respect and root for him there. Could be a real mess.

Wonder how all of the problems there recently will affect his decision-making process.

Wonder how all of the problems there recently will affect his decision-making process.

Exactly. I could see it being enticing to face that kind of thing head on. But I also could see him being like "I'm a football coach who wants to coach football" and saying no the drama/fight.

Rocco said:
If Mizzou wants him, they will get him. The odds of us giving him a better offer would be small. We will then get one of the other guys. Let's not jump to conclusions until Sat morning. Don't panic.

We aren't as good a job as Missouri. No denying that.

I just don't know what to believe anymore. Best bet is not to speculate. Everytime I think I hear something it blows up an hour later.

Not a lot of chatter in the Missouri papers about Dino Babers. They’re not even reporting he’s been interviewed while they report others have been. They’re also saying the interview process might be over for them.

The names being cited the most right now are their current DC, Troy Calhoun, Matt Wells, Mike Bobo and Sonny Dykes. Matt Ruhle is rumored to have interviewed with them as well.

Only source I can find that mentions Babers and Mizzou is footballscoop.com

Exactly. I could see it being enticing to face that kind of thing head on. But I also could see him being like "I'm a football coach who wants to coach football" and saying no the drama/fight.
"Saying no to the drama"... that's what I keep thinking. If you're Babers, wouldn't you have to wonder if you're being hired (at Mizzou) primarily for that reason? To diffuse the "situation". No thanks. So 'Cuse it is!

Not a lot of chatter in the Missouri papers about Dino Babers. They’re not even reporting he’s been interviewed while they report others have been. They’re also saying the interview process might be over for them.

The names being cited the most right now are their current DC, Troy Calhoun, Matt Wells, Mike Bobo and Sonny Dykes. Matt Ruhle is rumored to have interviewed with them as well.

Only source I can find that mentions Babers and Mizzou is footballscoop.com

I think they should go with Sonny Dykes. Then Scott Frost can leave UCF for Cal.

I think they should go with Sonny Dykes. Then Scott Frost can leave UCF for Cal.
"Well, the contract did say it was an 850k buyout at any point during the contract!"

StanCuse44 said:
"Saying no to the drama"... that's what I keep thinking. If you're Babers, wouldn't you have to wonder if you're being hired (at Mizzou) primarily for that reason? To diffuse the "situation". No thanks. So 'Cuse it is!

Depends on how much he wants on his plate, right? I could see it as a fight worth having - but that's a gamble in a lot ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom