Bowling Green journalist on Babers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bowling Green journalist on Babers

Let's just get it over with, slum it and hire Schiano. Seems to be the way this is going lately.

If we can't get Babers, I think Coyle needs to contact Al Golden.

Mizzou is not going after Rhule anymore. I don't think anyone is. That buyout is crazy.

If we can't get Babers, I think Coyle needs to contact Al Golden.

If we don't get Babers, we need to continue down that path. Offensive guy who has learned from an accomplished offensive guru, and has been a head coach at D1.

So, Brohm, Montgomery.

If we can't land any of them, then I give up.

Plus, just imagine Golden's pit sweat in the muggy Dome. He'll drown the place.

not buying Dino to Mizzou at all. doesn't mean he is ours, but I don't think he is going to Mizzou.

I will say I think Babers is definitely qualified to coach at Missouri, but with racial tensions, if he is hired there it may look like a minority hire for the sake of a minority hire. He may not want to be exposed to that.

I really think Babers ends up at Cuse. In a lot of Babers' interviews/press conferences, and interviews with beat writers, there is mention of the weather interfering with his offense and play calling - the Dome solves that problem. Not sure exactly how important it is to him, but he mentions it A LOT.

Lets hope we can land the Dinosaur Baby!

"Well, the contract did say it was an 850k buyout at any point during the contract!"

Didnt somebody do that in a sport once? I could swear someone did that in a major sport. And i dont mean Lane Kiffen. They signed, and before they started they went somewhere else.

I will say I think Babers is definitely qualified to coach at Missouri, but with racial tensions, if he is hired there it may look like a minority hire for the sake of a minority hire. He may not want to be exposed to that.

I really think Babers ends up at Cuse. In a lot of Babers' interviews/press conferences, and interviews with beat writers, there is mention of the weather interfering with his offense and play calling - the Dome solves that problem. Not sure exactly how important it is to him, but he mentions it A LOT.

Lets hope we can land the Dinosaur Baby!

Do you think Dino is familiar with this: Game-changer!

Didnt somebody do that in a sport once? I could swear someone did that in a major sport. And i dont mean Lane Kiffen. They signed, and before they started they went somewhere else.
Billy Donovan? Probably not, actually. He was introduced as the Magic coach and then changed his mind and went back to Florida.

Belichick?

SWC, you're not doing his comments justice. Jordan made it sound like Mizzou is the clear front runner

And frankly you're not doing his comments justice. Jordan made it clear that was his and others opinions only. In fact he said "There are probably only 4 people in the world that know what he is thinking; Himself, his wife, the ad and his agent. Not even his assistants know anything".

Honestly...if im a coach who is his age im going with an ACC team. Chances of getting to the final four teams is much more likely, and bringing Syracuse back to prominence would bring much more respect.

Huh? Missou was an 11-win team two years ago. They won 12 games in '13 and finished ranked fifth in the country. They have won at least 8 games in 8 of the past 10 seasons. I get that the SEC is a nightmare but I'm not sure how anybody could look at that objectively and say, "I think Syracuse is the program that has the best shot at getting into the final four."

Yes um, hasn't Mizzou played in the SEC title game at least once already?

If we don't get Babers, we need to continue down that path. Offensive guy who has learned from an accomplished offensive guru, and has been a head coach at D1.

So, Brohm, Montgomery.

If we can't land any of them, then I give up.

Plus, just imagine Golden's pit sweat in the muggy Dome. He'll drown the place.

Yeah, I'm fine with not getting Babers in that I think there are other good candidates out there. I'd also point out that if the Cuse/Coyle really wants him, then wow him with an offer. This is the part I find disappointing -- and I'm not saying that a single reporter suggesting he might rather be at Mizzou is anything to start flipping out about -- but if you really, truly want a guy there are ways to beat out other programs to get him. And by ways, I mean money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom