Boxscore for TGD: ACC Deal: Grandslam, GROB: Wiff. Enough ? | Syracusefan.com

Boxscore for TGD: ACC Deal: Grandslam, GROB: Wiff. Enough ?

nralecuse

Walk On
After announcement of ACC-ESPN deal and the MONEY $!$!$ 17.5 million per team per year WOW ! !. Is this enough for fans to forgive TGD for GROBing the football program?

Yes, I think the decision to cut Coach P at that time was forced on him, and he did the best he could to get someone highly recommend by someone he trusted.

After announcement of ACC-ESPN deal and the MONEY $!$!$ 17.5 million per team per year WOW ! !. Is this enough for fans to forgive TGD for GROBing the football program?

Only if I can still watch lacrosse games on TW local.

no.

as athletic director the only thing he had to do is answer this question...'if asked, do you think your school would like to join the ACC?'

with this response.....'yes, i will go to the board and make them aware of your inquiry'.

Oh Lord

I forgave him long long ago for that blunder. I love what he's done to the whole sports program.

Yes, I think the decision to cut Coach P at that time was forced on him, and he did the best he could to get someone highly recommend by someone he trusted.
It was ABSOLUTELY forced on him as a result of the bowl debacle. Unfair to judge him on that. IMO.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Still not a fan of the block S. Isn't that his fault?

Did you prefer the sju logo Jake left us with? Or the period before that where every team basically had their own logo?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I think we as the SU fan base are as much to blame for the timing of the P ouster, which led to a scrambled search for the next guy. We are the ones that put the pressure on. Yes, GRob was a lousy hire, but at the time I don't think there were many that thought that. Gross has more than made up for that, IMHO.

TGD gets a full pass on the GRob situation. His actions since then have completely reshaped the athletic program. My hope is that he'll choose to stick around for 20+ years...

no.

as athletic director the only thing he had to do is answer this question...'if asked, do you think your school would like to join the ACC?'

with this response.....'yes, i will go to the board and make them aware of your inquiry'.

Oh Lord

I learned something with that post of yours.

Daryl Gross may have done some forward thinking things like the marketing as New York's Team which undoubtedly helped sell the value of SU, but there's no doubt that the ACC move was done at a higher level.

Oh come on now kids...lets not discount the work that TGD put into this.

Also hate the block S logo. I'm surprised Stanford hasn't sued us. It's the same logo only in orange. Every time I see it the first thing I think of is Stanford. Can't SU do better?

Also hate the block S logo. I'm surprised Stanford hasn't sued us. It's the same logo only in orange. Every time I see it the first thing I think of is Stanford. Can't SU do better?

Same...Or substitute Michigan State and green.

The problem was Jake stayed too long, the Doctor wouldn't have let BC blindside us in 2003, he would have taken that spot.

Did you prefer the sju logo Jake left us with? Or the period before that where every team basically had their own logo?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The interlocking SU logo looked good to me.

Sue us for what?

The problem was Jake stayed too long, the Doctor wouldn't have let BC blindside us in 2003, he would have taken that spot.
Agree with that. A lot of the problems since circa 2000 might have been anticipated and perhaps avoided. Maybe we would not have had to suffer the total collapse of football. Seems the prior regime just got tired or complacent and were not willing to be proactive...funny isn't that also a significant criticism of the Big East Conference?

Disagree.

The Block S is great.

Just get it off the helmets!!!
Agree to disagree. Though I was really just joking around and piling on Gross who I actually think has done a very nice job. We're not trapped in the Big East right now. That's really all that matters.

Agree with that. A lot of the problems since circa 2000 might have been anticipated and perhaps avoided. Maybe we would not have had to suffer the total collapse of football. Seems the prior regime just got tired or complacent and were not willing to be proactive...funny isn't that also a significant criticism of the Big East Conference?

Dead wrong.

Jake was ahead of the curve - that's why he made the deal in 2003 to go to the ACC.

The past his prime talk is nonsense.

Dead wrong.

Jake was ahead of the curve - that's why he made the deal in 2003 to go to the ACC.

In terms of conference alignment i agree with you PA. Jake OR maybe SU as a whole was behind the curve with the upgrade of the facilities. I could be wrong though, you are more in the loop than i am.

Dead wrong.

I stand corrected OrangePA. (Long day at the office.) As I remember it Jake was responsible for the initial ACC move. He characterized it as having to follow Miami and not really having a choice in the matter if I recall correctly. I thought it was a good way to stay neutral in what became an ugly mess and the university was able to avoid negativity related to the raid. It seems he might have placed all his eggs in that basket and when the Gov of VA stepped in all of that planning fell through. There was no good option for 'Plan B' except to try and make the best of what was left. Jake can not be faulted for what BC does later. It does seem all of the air went out of the room when the initial ACC move fell through.