Boy, this NIL thing is really endearing to fans | Syracusefan.com

Boy, this NIL thing is really endearing to fans

Brilliant move to institute this. Can’t wait to see who leaves next.
Like, share and subscribe to the mob podcast

Go to the events their NIL deals host

Buy a cruz tailgate

I dont know anymore, just gotta do what we can do.

If dino can win this bowl and get us a consecutive winning season then more money will come in.

If nothing else this fanbase is resilient

Honestly it’s crazy right now but I am glad for it in general. I’m also psyched for NCAA football coming back in 2025 on Xbox and PS. And I sure do enjoy wearing my Tucker jersey.

The portal is what’s nuts. Especially right before bowl season.

Honestly it’s crazy right now but I am glad for it in general. I’m also psyched for NCAA football coming back in 2025 on Xbox and PS. And I sure do enjoy wearing my Tucker jersey.

The portal is what’s nuts. Especially right before bowl season.
2024 :)

Fans demanded that college players be allowed to transfer without penalty.

Fans demanded that college players be allowed to get paid for their work.

Be careful what you wish for.
Amen.

Yeah EA said they’re not doing the Madden engine, it will be a complete new game.

BS EA is a bunch of lazy losers. It will probably be exactly the same with even more pop up MUT type adds.

Ugh 2024 I mean. Sorry guys, I’m thinking this is 2023 right now. I’m over 40 so I can claim CRS.

It's stupid to not allow them to make money while colleges are making boat loads of money off of them
Is it a perfect system, no but it's what we have and gets money to kids that deserve it

I got pennys compared to what my company took in. That’s life. But to be clear, I’m not against NIL if it was what was intended. Not this giving kids hundreds of thousands or even a million dollars to go to their school. The portal is garbage too. If kids don’t like it, don’t go to college to play sports.

Wait until factory schools need new players mid season and they institute a transfer rule that allows players to transfer during the season. On Monday Clemson realizes they need DB help….they call up Duce with an NIL deal and he is transferred, on campus and eligible to play before the next Clemson game.

It's stupid to not allow them to make money while colleges are making boat loads of money off of them
Is it a perfect system, no but it's what we have and gets money to kids that deserve it
Exactly. The old system was living off of borrowed time. There was always going to be a day of reckoning for it.

Its essentially NCAA free agency. Most dudes that can upgrade their deals will.

elite players at non factory schools are going to be poached in this system. True Blue is right, all we can do is try and support our guys as much as possible so they feel supported and don’t want to leave.

it’s a better system for players than it’s ever been. But it’s a horrible system for fans who want to be able to root for their guys for years when so few will actually be on field contributors for four years and stay at the school.

the thing I wish was illegal, which feels completely impossible to regulate, is boosters reaching out to kids and/or their families to discuss NIL deals if a kid happened to transfer to school X, until a kids name is officially in the portal. You know that’s what happened with Deuce and almost happened with Mikel last year. I think that would help a lot of this, but again no clue how you regulate it and no clue that the NCAA would want to anyways since it’s better for them for the powers to stay the powers.

Yeah EA said they’re not doing the Madden engine, it will be a complete new game.

By that time things will be so out of whack demand for the game will be gone. 2024 alone was a big push but reasonable. 2025 kills it. When did they announce it would be 2025? They just said 2024 in November

By that time things will be so out of whack demand for the game will be gone. 2024 alone was a big push but reasonable. 2025 kills it. When did they announce it would be 2025? They just said 2024 in November
I screwed up thinking this was 2023 right now. It’s coming out 2024, my bad.

Instituted what? What are you talking about OP? NIL is a concept, one that was "owned" by the NCAA of its participants for over 100 years. The Supreme Court said "nope, you don't own someone's name, image or likeness". Only they can own it.

These "student athletes " at Syracuse are saving 330k over 4 years in tuition, room and board. Plus they get other perks. They walk away with a degree and no frigging debt. That's a heck of a deal. I played D3 and I will be paying down that student loan until I'm 70. Let's stop pretending they are selflessly running out on the field and the schools are extorting them it was always a transaction. You go to school for free and you play a fun sport. All the rest of your fellow students will be wracked with debt for the rest of their lives and they had fun in school for free.

These "student athletes " at Syracuse are saving 330k over 4 years in tuition, room and board. Plus they get other perks. They walk away with a degree and no frigging debt. That's a heck of a deal. I played D3 and I will be paying down that student loan until I'm 70. Let's stop pretending they are selflessly running out on the field and the schools are extorting them it was always a transaction. You go to school for free and you play a fun sport. All the rest of your fellow students will be wracked with debt for the rest of their lives and they had fun in school for free.
I agree with you to an extent but once SCOTUS sets a precedence, it is what it is. I don’t understand how someone could walk away from SU, I wish I went there. I also don’t understand how players don’t get as emotionally attached to the program they play for as us fans do.

But again, it is what it is. Everyone is different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom