BR: McCullough predicted to NOT be a 'one and done' | Syracusefan.com

BR: McCullough predicted to NOT be a 'one and done'

Nobody knows anything at this point. Take #20, Pope. He sounds exactly like Grant did for us this year, except maybe with better handle and shooting. All the reasons they say he will stay are the same things so many on here say he can work on in the league. If he puts up numbers and shows great athleticism, there's no reason he wouldn't jump.

depends if he only averages 7-8 points and 5.7 rebounds he probably shouldn't jump, but if he averages 12.7 and 6.5 I can see it. Also it depends on his perimeter game and post isolation game, if neither show he might be no higher then a mid 2nd round pick.

Nobody knows anything at this point. Take #20, Pope. ... If he puts up numbers and shows great athleticism, there's no reason he wouldn't jump.

Sure, but the issue with Chris is whether he is capable of putting up Grant-like numbers. Needs a lot of improvement in his half-court offense by November ...

In CMc's head he is 1-and-done and that is all that matters. If he averages 10 and 5 he's gone. The NBA doesn't care if these guys games are ready, they draft them any way based on pure athleticism. See Jerami Grant.

Sure, but the issue with Chris is whether he is capable of putting up Grant-like numbers. Needs a lot of improvement in his half-court offense by November ...
I wasn't commenting about Chris but the list in general. It's a dumb list. Very few guys are definite jumps before their freshman season. Beyond those few, it depends on what happens during the season. All Chris has to show is great upside, and he could go. Grant's numbers were solid but no where near great this year, and he demonstrated very little shooting and no ball handling ability.

I would be SHOCKED if McCullough averages double figures.

Bleacher report is pretty good to syracuse, whether right or wrong, thats all I need to know. Other sources have been bad to us over the years, although most of that is stopping now that we are in the acc.

Nothing wrong with their assessment of McCullough. Plenty of potential, but he doesn't look like a one and done at the moment. We're going to need him to be NBA ready in order to have a good year.

If he plays well enough to make the jump I'll be happy for him and SU. This team needs guys to step up.

Chris probably feels he is 1 and done, but for him and Tyler, they both would benefit from playing together for 2 years. They would get the chance to improve their individual games, and show they can play within a team framework.

So you're saying he gone?
Let's just say I'm going to refrain from developing a strong fan connection with CMac this upcoming year...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom