Braswell | Syracusefan.com

Braswell

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
I would have liked to have seen more of what RB could do. His sample size is small, but he has consistently excellent numbers across the board: 75% on 2s, 50% on 3s, 71% FTs. His % for 2s and 3s are highest on the team. Seems to be a very good shooter which was his reputation as a recruit. He also looked good to me when he was playing. His rebs per minute are second only to PC.

He could have been the answer to our outside shooting needs that JB has tried so hard to fix with Buddy. I'm sure it is too late in the season to work him into the rotation now, but I can see numerous lineups that would have possibly worked with him, especially when shifting Hughes to SG when Frank rests. It is even possible that he would be a better offensive player than OB, he is certainly more efficient.

Last edited:
I would have liked to have seen more of what RB could do. His sample size is small, but he has consistently excellent numbers across the board: 75% on 2s, 50% on 3s, 71% FTs. His % for 2s and 3s are highest on the team. Seems to be a very good shooter which was his reputation as a recruit. He also looked good to me when he was playing. His rebs per minute are second only to PC.

He could have been the answer to our outside shooting needs that JB has tried so hard to fix with Buddy. I'm sure it is too late in the season to work him into the rotation now, but here are some lineups I would have liked to see:

Idk if you've seen it lately but Buddy has been pretty reliable in ACC play from 3

His DNPs and Carey not getting a chance to play through his mistakes while Buddy gets extended run is why we have these conspiracy theories. I'm actually surprised JAB would not be more conservative with his minutes because I'm sure the last thing he wants is a distraction in the media.

He could have been the answer to our outside shooting needs that JB has tried so hard to fix with Buddy. I'm sure it is too late in the season to work him into the rotation now, but I can see numerous lineups that would have possibly worked with him, especially when shifting Hughes to SG when Frank rests. It is even possible that he would be a better offensive player than OB, he is certainly more efficient.
8 FG attempts is less than a small sample size

The justification is always practice - which none (most) of us get to see. As a result, you just have to trust JB knows what he's doing. :) Hopefully by now he does.

That being said, I only saw Bras play a few minutes here and there and didn't think he looked all that ready to contribute being honest. I'd like to see more, but I never saw enough to concern myself this season if I don't.

His DNPs and Carey not getting a chance to play through his mistakes while Buddy gets extended run is why we have these conspiracy theories. I'm actually surprised JAB would not be more conservative with his minutes because I'm sure the last thing he wants is a distraction in the media.

Or we’re loaded and healthy at forward but not at guard. Where’s the opportunity for Braswell? Buddy was actually starting for a bit because we flat out didn’t have any other healthy guards.

Carey himself has missed time with 2 different injuries.

Or we’re loaded and healthy at forward but not at guard. Where’s the opportunity for Braswell? Buddy was actually starting for a bit because we flat out didn’t have any other healthy guards.

Not controvesial or full of split enough for the board.

We have these conspiracy theories because posters think there are conspiracies. Which there are not.

I actually think that Braswell projects as a guy who could be a pretty good player down the road, once his physical maturity catches up to his athleticism. Wish we could have redshirted him [which I know we don't often do as a practice].

Intriguing skill set, given his ability to handle / pass / shoot.

I actually think that Braswell projects as a guy who could be a pretty good player down the road, once his physical maturity catches up to his athleticism. Wish we could have redshirted him [which I know we don't often do as a practice].

I know, it seems like a RS would have been ideal for him.

I guess the way the bench was shaping up, some of the injuries, etc...we had too many unknowns entering the season. Which sounds strange with all the returning players, but nevertheless, it was true. It seemed like going all-hands on deck was the best philosophy - and likely was.

I know, it seems like a RS would have been ideal for him.

I guess the way the bench was shaping up, some of the injuries, etc...we had too many unknowns entering the season. Which sounds strange with all the returning players, but nevertheless, it was true. It seemed like going all-hands on deck was the best philosophy - and likely was.

I suspect that you are right -- the perception was that we needed forward depth, and Braswell was brought in as a "break glass in case of emergency" option with upside. I also suspect that JB isn't worried about redshirting, because he expects to be able to recruit "over" players like this.

I just think that it would stink on the back end of this kid's career if he ends up being good to have squandered a year like this. But it is what it is.

I suspect that you are right -- the perception was that we needed forward depth, and Braswell was brought in as a "break glass in case of emergency" option with upside. I also suspect that JB isn't worried about redshirting, because he expects to be able to recruit "over" players like this.

I just think that it would stink on the back end of this kid's career if he ends up being good to have squandered a year like this. But it is what it is.

I'm not positive, but I thought i read some place that Braswell did not want to RS. Could be wrong. JB typically honors those wishes.

I agree with you - Braswell could be a player by his Jr/Sr season. He has the skill set, size and athleticism. Needs to mature physically. I also think if he were more assertive when on the floor (confidence?) he might get more minutes much sooner.

I believe Braswell did choose to not RS.

If he feels he can show his true potential in another three years, why would he want to RS? Almost all D-1 players have pro career dreams. Age is a factor in drafting players.

Aren’t we redshirting him?

That's how I used to explain it but Buddy sometimes comes in for a forward (Tyus moves to forward on D). Why not bring Braswell in, in those situations? Seems clear JB doesn't want to. It's not that he can't.

The case for positional depth as the reason seems to be a thin argument. If you look at Braswell vs Buddy -- other than 2 inches, what makes one a guard and one a forward? They both have weak handles or at least they haven't displayed anything to suggest otherwise. They both appear to have the potential to be good shooters. Athleticism - I give the slight nod to Braswell. So other than height, I'm not seeing why Buddy gets all this run and Braswell is glued to the bench. Or is it the syracusefan.com theory that the offense will fall apart if Braswell splits time with Buddy at guard?

The case for positional depth as the reason seems to be a thin argument. If you look at Braswell vs Buddy -- other than 2 inches, what makes one a guard and one a forward? They both have weak handles or at least they haven't displayed anything to suggest otherwise. They both appear to have the potential to be good shooters. Athleticism - I give the slight nod to Braswell. So other than height, I'm not seeing why Buddy gets all this run and Braswell is glued to the bench. Or is it the syracusefan.com theory that the offense will fall apart if Braswell splits time with Buddy at guard?

There is literally nothing in your post that is accurate.

That's an impressive feat.

Teh diffrence iz 1 of dem has da wrong last name!

The difference might be that Braswell has always played as a forward and Buddy mainly as a guard with some forward mixed in. Just another conspiracy theory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom