Braswell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Braswell

He literally has made one 3 pointer on the year. In garbage time of a blowout against Northeastern. His 3 point % is meaningless. 1-2. Lol.

I agree, I would’ve liked to have seen more of him. Unfortunately we didn’t blow enough teams out.

His measurables are good and he looked pretty smooth athletically IMO in the limited times I’ve seen him. Would seem to be the prototypical late blooming lanky Syracuse forward that comes on in another year or two.

He literally has made one 3 pointer on the year. In garbage time of a blowout against Northeastern. His 3 point % is meaningless. 1-2. Lol.

I agree, I would’ve liked to have seen more of him. Unfortunately we didn’t blow enough teams out.

His measurables are good and he looked pretty smooth athletically IMO in the limited times I’ve seen him. Would seem to be the prototypical late blooming lanky Syracuse forward that comes on in another year or two.
But...but...50%!

unless the rules have changed, it's not out of the question that he could apply for a retroactive redshirt post season. you just have to come up with a plausible injury claim

I actually think that Braswell projects as a guy who could be a pretty good player down the road, once his physical maturity catches up to his athleticism. Wish we could have redshirted him [which I know we don't often do as a practice].

Intriguing skill set, given his ability to handle / pass / shoot.

BJ 2.0

In both cases - RS would have been ideal, but alas...

Aren’t we redshirting him?

No Boeheiming him, very minor difference. Both result in no playing time. One also carries with it the loss of a year of eligibility.

One thing I've noticed about Braswell during his limited playing time -- although he is scrawny, he doesn't have the same frame that former stringbeans like Damone Brown, BJ Johnson, or young Hakim had.

He's actually got broad shoulders and kind of a barrel chest, which suggests that he's got the frame to add "good" weight. His legs are skinny as hell, though -- amazing that he was a two-time state champion high jumper on those toothpicks.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed about Braswell during his limited playing time -- although he is scrawny, he doesn't have the same frame that former stringbeans like Damone Brown, BJ Johnson, or young Hakim had.

He's actually got broad shoulders and kind of a barrel chest, which suggests that he's got the frame to add "good" weight. His legs are skinny as hell, though -- amazing that he was a two-time state champion high jumper on those toothpicks.

Look at Olympic high jumpers - they're all built like Braswell.
REALLY long and lanky.
He has an ideal build for that - as proven by his results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom