Braswell | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Braswell

Will never understand why he got such little run .. easily our best non guard ball handler .. Just like AO in his first game action , you could just see he has an idea how to score

We had a number of established and productive forwards. It was a shame he didn't get more time, but I think he will force his way into the conversation this fall.

All Braswell ever did last year was come into games and be efficient, effective and productive during his time. He can be a great forward for us, though I think with the three guys we have next year likely to take the minutes at those spots he probably gets benched for another year. I think when Dolezaj and Hughes leave it'll be his time.

I only remember JB randomly went to him against NCState and he was great on the backline of the zone. Defense has always gotten people onto the court for Cuse. So i do see him doing that again and earning minutes.

All Braswell ever did last year was come into games and be efficient, effective and productive during his time. He can be a great forward for us, though I think with the three guys we have next year likely to take the minutes at those spots he probably gets benched for another year. I think when Dolezaj and Hughes leave it'll be his time.
Interesting that so many posters are highly rating the talent of players who have never played for us for a minute over a second year player who has shown he has qualities that should get him time this year. That is in addition to the fact he understands the system, especially on the defensive end.

It’s a valid criticism. I think a lot of posters have been high on Guerrier and I’m kind of assuming they’re correct in their assessment. Certainly Braswell is a player who has demonstrated the ability to do everything we need a wing to do. He will be a big time competitor for minutes.

Interesting that so many posters are highly rating the talent of players who have never played for us for a minute over a second year player who has shown he has qualities that should get him time this year. That is in addition to the fact he understands the system, especially on the defensive end.

Braswell's numbers per 40 minutes last year: 18.9p 7.3r 3.6a 4.4s 0.7b 2.9mfg 2.2mft 5.1to 1.5pf

Acknowledging that that was mostly against deep reserves and walk-ons, I'm most impressed with the number of steals and the lack of fouls. That means he knows where he has to be and what he has to do. The turnovers are a concern. He shot 66.7% from the field and 75.0% from the line, getting there for 8.7 free throws per 40 minutes.

We've got to see him in more minutes vs. better opposition. I hope we do.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom