break out surprise players this year | Syracusefan.com

break out surprise players this year

kcsu

Living Legend
Late just finishing up some work and bored trying to get something going on the site. So pick one player on both sides of the ball who you think will have a break out year. Not somebody who we all suspect to do well but a dark horse type of player. For me i really think that Welsh is going to have a very solid year. Everytime i watched him play last year he contributed. The guy has a great motor and makes the most of his talent. If he obtained more strength and speed in the off season i think that he has a chance to be an impact surprise player for us. On O my surprise pick WR Chris. He has to be one of if not our fastest wideouts and he seems to have really good quicks and hands. I have a feeling that in spite of his small frame he may end up being our number 2 after West. I believe he has only been playing ball for a short period of time and because of that he may really take a step forward this year. Those are my two dark horse selections for the year.

Dark Horse huh?

Can I take Desir as making a significant impact on returns? Like house 2 or 3 and have actual returns instead of the 2.3 yards or whatever abysmal number we had the last few years?

Back in 2010 when Syracuse was at UC I met Adrian Flemmings's mom, so I really really really want #22 to have that rare one season breakout. Kind of goes with your Chris Clark idea, as they both got one shot left and I just got that feeling he will leave his mark on Syracuse football like his mother's smile left a mark on me. :)

I think the hardnosed D will be SO much better than anyone thinks. But I can't take a whole unit as a dark horse so... It will start on the line. We know what Bromley brings, I am suggesting that Eric Crume really makes an impact. Big time run stuffer and forces double teams.

OFFENSE: Broyld --versatile slash who doesn't fit cleanly into any one position, but could have a big impact on the O running, catching, and even throwing. Just a hunch on this one.

DEFENSE: Ron Thompson--team is desperate for edge pass rush, and this kid is one of the top athletes we've recruited in a long time.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Estime--just a hunch, but I think he'll make a huge impact on ST.

Estime
Kirkland
I was talking to someone yesterday that heard that the coaches are entertaining the idea of moving Kirkland to safety because of his freakish athletic ability. (Btw, does any one have his forty time from testing?)

Can you imagine what would go through the mind of an opposing wr as he ran a crossing route? I guarantee that catching the ball isn't at the top of the list.

The player that leaked this information said that JK is an absolute animal and the hardest hitter on the team. He also said that JK really wants to play LB rather than safety, however. If JK is as athletic as advertised, I really think a move to safety might propel him into the NFL draft in a couple of years. Making the move sure beats battling with D Davis for playing time.

Desir takes 2 PRs to the house this year

Kirkland has to find a way on the field.

Going to split this.

Break out player Micah Robinson

Surprise player Alvin Cornelius, but not until the middle of the season.

I was talking to someone yesterday that heard that the coaches are entertaining the idea of moving Kirkland to safety because of his freakish athletic ability. (Btw, does any one have his forty time from testing?)

Can you imagine what would go through the mind of an opposing wr as he ran a crossing route? I guarantee that catching the ball isn't at the top of the list.

The player that leaked this information said that JK is an absolute animal and the hardest hitter on the team. He also said that JK really wants to play LB rather than safety, however. If JK is as athletic as advertised, I really think a move to safety might propel him into the NFL draft in a couple of years. Making the move sure beats battling with D Davis for playing time.

Again, Josh Kirkland just knocked me out during the spring game.

He is the kind of guy that I want in the program - smart, tough, great heart.

Would love to see him at safety if that means more time on the field.

Which coach recruited him, does anybody know?

Again, Josh Kirkland just knocked me out during the spring game.

He is the kind of guy that I want in the program - smart, tough, great heart.

Would love to see him at safety if that meant more time on the field.

Which coach recruited him, does anybody know?
I'm not sure but I remember SS saying that while scouting other player(s) on the roster that Kirkland kept flying into the frame and peaked his interest.

I missed the Spring Game but from what many have said, JK is the fastest of all our LB's. If true, we need him on the field as much as possible.

I was really impressed with Julian Whigham at the spring game. I thought he was all over the field making plays. So excited for this season!!! CUUUUUUUUUUUUSE

I'll go with Drew Allen on Offense, because SU really needs an effective QB and I think he will win the job. Since so many people went with Kirkland on Defense, I'll go with Cam Lynch,. I was able to talk to him (and Kirkland) after the Spring Game and they both seem like really nice guys, that are easy to root for as well.

For defense I have a feeling Arcinagea (I know I butchered his name) is due for a good season. Mature guy, ready to step in and fill a glaring weakness (run stuffing massive LB).

On O I got a feeling Funderburk is going to have a breakout season. Everyone is down on the kid but we found out his limited time in spring was due to schoolwork and not his ability. I think he should have a good preseason and shine with Drew. If he can be a stud alongside West our team really has no limit with how solid our run game is. This guy is key, or this position is key I guess is the more appropriate way to word it. If we can have a solid passing game that is 80% as productive as last season... look out.

Defense - Robinson
Offense - Flemming - yeah I said it! :)
Specials - Estime - who else...

Going with the idea of true surprises (I don't count someone like Morris, since we all expect good things from him whenever he gets significant carries)...

Offense: Alvin Cornelius
Defense: Julian Whigham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom