BREAKING...Appeals Committee modifies JB's nine-game suspension to begin with next game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING...Appeals Committee modifies JB's nine-game suspension to begin with next game

Well at least there are 4 non conference cupcakes in those 9 games. So that is a positive.

Hopefully, JB was well prepared for this appeal decision, so he could prepare for transition.

"The Appeals Committee determined that the NCAA Committee on Infractions 'abused its discretion' by directing the suspension be served during conference play, because Coach Boeheim was not directly involved in the underlying violations of the case. The Appeals Committee determined the nine-game suspension may apply to non-conference games and be served immediately.

"The University is pleased the Appeals Committee recognized that the initial sanction imposed on Coach Boeheim was too harsh. Nevertheless, we supported Coach Boeheim's argument made during his hearing that any nine game suspension would be too severe based on previous cases, and his lack of involvement in the underlying conduct, which the Appeals Committee recognized."

So... they absued their discretion, but 9 games is still acceptable?

Probably better to just get it started, but the timing is a joke. And I hope that this doesn't derail a promising start [last night's result notwithstanding].

I guess this means that JB has to be away from the team immediately starting now? What a crap decision. We overstepped but the only change we are making is moving the start date for the suspension to take effect.

At least there is some finality to this now through the administrative process. Now, JB can file his lawsuit against the NCAA.

I guess this means that JB has to be away from the team immediately starting now? What a crap decision. We overstepped but the only change we are making is moving the start date for the suspension to take effect.

At least there is some finality to this now through the administrative process. Now, JB can file his lawsuit against the NCAA.

This was what I was wondering myself. Team should be traveling today or tomorrow so Hop really gets at most a practice and a walk through on Friday with the team before they take the floor in a huge game on Saturday.

At the very least, the NCAA should give the choice to begin suspension early. To make the change so abruptly is ridiculous.

So we get the news from the appeals on the day before Thanksgiving and 2 days before playing biggest rival...the pettyness and lack of professionalism within in the NCAA is appalling
The day before Thanksgiving? Umm :noidea:

Great news. Only 3 ACC games vs 9. Too bad he misses gtown but at least the cupcakes are part of it now.

I was just thinking that with our preconference schedule including the Atlantis games, I guess there isn't any better option if the NCAA stuck to their horrible 9 game suspension.

This was what I was wondering myself. Team should be traveling today or tomorrow so Hop really gets at most a practice and a walk through on Friday with the team before they take the floor in a huge game on Saturday.
Eh, doesn't hop run the practices anyways? I don't think anything changes except hopefully Coleman makes it off the bench in the 2nd half and so does joseph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom