BREAKING...Appeals Committee modifies JB's nine-game suspension to begin with next game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING...Appeals Committee modifies JB's nine-game suspension to begin with next game

I think they use dice to make decisions at the NCAA. A magic 8-ball is more consistent.

Maybe they use mice.
shannon_lg-2.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

Just spoke with Jim Boeheim and he reiterated that he doesn't know what he will do during the nine game suspension that begins now. "I have no clue," he said. Boeheim's appeal wasn't overturned. But the nine games starts with at Georgetown Saturday. "I can't go play golf somewhere since people will look at that. This is a long time." Boeheim will be back on Jan. 9 against North Carolina. He will miss at Georgetown, Colgate, at St. John's, Cornell, Montana State, Texas Southern, at Pitt, at Miami and vs. Clemson. Associate head coach and future head coach in 2018 Mike Hopkins will coach in his absence.

and brown gets the same suspension?? The ncaa just admitted they are vindictive.

I am not a lawyer, but with the inconsistent punishments, at some point, do you feel there will be a lawsuit brought against the NCAA for this?

I understand that the colleges waive certain rights by agreeing to be part of the NCAA, but these punishments have such severe impacts across many different avenues that it seems like at some point it will go to court.

I don't know what the hell to make of this decision. I sure as hell hope they told Boeheim before today, considering we play in 48 hours.

You know damn well they didn't.

Only if they do it from Thompsons house. He can't be in the arena during the game. Maybe they could invite Calhoun to join them and have a rip roaring time!
Two words : PILLOW FIGHT!

It appears SU has the choice to begin the suspension immediately.
So the school (and presumably the coach) have decided it's better to have Boeheim back asap (in time for ACC game v. UNC) than to have him on the sideline against our old despicable arch rival.

Conference positioning or no conference positioning, I care more about DESTROYING G-town.
Don't like the university decision...nor that the NCAA waited until now to issue its decision.

How? While CJ did a good job in the first half, his performance in the 2nd half does not warrant extended playing time. Neither did Coleman's. Doubt that Howard or Chino would be better either.

There needs to be a mass production of Boeheim heads - to be handed out to the first, say, 25,000 fans attending home games.
I would love to see The Dome hand out Boeheim masks so the entire crowd can wear them like Guy Fawkes in V for vendetta.

upload_2015-12-3_12-44-3.png

I wonder which is more important for a coach of team essentially starting two freshmen and who is trying to bring along two inexperienced centers and rehabilitate last year's point guard:

1) Coaching games at the beginning of the season when you are trying to become the team you need to be or
2) Coaching a team when the conference season began.

I'm not sure.

I am shocked that with the lambasting they have been getting from Bilas, ESPN and other media outlets that they didn't modify the portion of the ruling that requires JB to be completely unplugged from the program during the 9 game stretch.

There needs to be a mass production of Boeheim heads - to be handed out to the first, say, 25,000 fans attending home games.
Can they hand out the remaining 4,000 heads to the homeless? Would make stoplights on Hiawatha more interesting.

Am I misreading this or did the NCAA give the ability to start the suspension right now? Or are they mandating it?

At least we get JB back earlier than we thought during ACC play.

Can JB call into the FOX broadcast and talk during the game on the phone? If he can he haas to troll the NCAA.

So the school (and presumably the coach) have decided it's better to have Boeheim back asap (in time for ACC game v. UNC) than to have him on the sideline against our old despicable arch rival.

Conference positioning or no conference positioning, I care more about DESTROYING G-town.
Don't like the university decision...nor that the NCAA waited until now to issue its decision.
Why can't he coach until Friday? Does 9 games begin the day after the game before the suspension begins and ends the minute the 9th game ends or does it mean when the minute the they enter the arena for the 1st game until the end of the 9th game? If its the first, is h in violation if he goes to his office to get personal items today?

Just spoke with Jim Boeheim and he reiterated that he doesn't know what he will do during the nine game suspension that begins now. "I have no clue," he said. Boeheim's appeal wasn't overturned. But the nine games starts with at Georgetown Saturday. "I can't go play golf somewhere since people will look at that. This is a long time." Boeheim will be back on Jan. 9 against North Carolina. He will miss at Georgetown, Colgate, at St. John's, Cornell, Montana State, Texas Southern, at Pitt, at Miami and vs. Clemson. Associate head coach and future head coach in 2018 Mike Hopkins will coach in his absence.

He should come to Alaska. I have a bar stool at the Red Fox with his name on it!

How does JB and the University not get an injunction and Tom Brady this whole thing? I am no lawyer but this seems like a perfect test case to beat the NCAA with once and for all just like Brady did with the NFL.

It's a tough call. I hate Georgetown as much as the next guy, but if we think we can win the ACC game, that will probably help us more than Georgetown.

How does JB and the University not get an injunction and Tom Brady this whole thing? I am no lawyer but this seems like a perfect test case to beat the NCAA with once and for all just like Brady did with the NFL.
Brady didn't get an injunction. Brady didn't take it to court. The NFL did. They took it to Judge Berman's court to affirm their decision. To use the lawyers in presumed innocent, what a colossal blunder.

Eh, doesn't hop run the practices anyways? I don't think anything changes except hopefully Coleman makes it off the bench in the 2nd half and so does joseph.

Yes he does. I would think that when it comes down to game specifics like match-ups, play calling, etc. it's more of Boeheim's call. I think Hop will do just fine but it just seems like those are the kind of things that would concern me. As we all know, Hop is a hell of a coach so we shouldn't have any problems.

Jim Boeheim: "They gave us two days notice. If they were going to do this, why not six weeks ago? We'd been preparing to use the next few games and practices to prepare the coaching staff for what was going to happen. Now we have less than two days. It's less than ideal. The players are in class. I can't pull them out of class. They're going to know from the public before they hear it from me."

Jim Boeheim: "They gave us two days notice. If they were going to do this, why not six weeks ago? We'd been preparing to use the next few games and practices to prepare the coaching staff for what was going to happen. Now we have less than two days. It's less than ideal. The players are in class. I can't pull them out of class. They're going to know from the public before they hear it from me."

That is ridiculous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom