BREAKING...Appeals Committee modifies JB's nine-game suspension to begin with next game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING...Appeals Committee modifies JB's nine-game suspension to begin with next game

Brady didn't get an injunction. Brady didn't take it to court. The NFL did. They took it to Judge Berman's court to affirm their decision. To use the lawyers in presumed innocent, what a colossal blunder.

All I know was the NFL suspended Brady and he is on his way to the Super Bowl. I admit I dont know all that transpired but how does JB follow a similar path with the NCAA. I assume the appeals process has now played itself out and the courts would now be in play?

How does JB and the University not get an injunction and Tom Brady this whole thing? I am no lawyer but this seems like a perfect test case to beat the NCAA with once and for all just like Brady did with the NFL.
To get an injunction you must be able to show the court irreparable harm and the ability to win your case on the merit.

I don't believe JB has standing to file this case because while we would be harmed he doesn't have an issue who can likely win on in court. Brady had issues he could win on.

Yeah, this is nothing less than a big FU to Boeheim. You can't admit to "abusing your discretion" and then change the timing of the punishment, w/out changing the punishment itself. Baffling.

How does JB and the University not get an injunction and Tom Brady this whole thing? I am no lawyer but this seems like a perfect test case to beat the NCAA with once and for all just like Brady did with the NFL.
It would depend on when the case would be tried. It is unlikely but if an injunction was issued and then the lawsuit was lost towards the end of a season, the suspension would begin then, which could be during the NCAA's.

Brady didn't get an injunction. Brady didn't take it to court. The NFL did. They took it to Judge Berman's court to affirm their decision. To use the lawyers in presumed innocent, what a colossal blunder.
Brady would have gotten an injunction likely if Berman ruled against him. He had issues with an arbitration appeal hearing with Goodell and could prove he would have been irreparably harmed and could win the issue in court on appeal.

JB doesn't have an issue he can win because their is no CBA with the NCAA and they found he broke the rules.

In my opinion it is irrelevant when the suspension starts, albeit I guess it will give Hop a better chance for some possible wins. The entire thing is BS.

Brady would have gotten an injunction likely if Berman ruled against him. He had issues with an arbitration appeal hearing with Goodell and could prove he would have been irreparably harmed and could win the issue in court on appeal.

JB doesn't have an issue he can win because their is no CBA with the NCAA and they found he broke the rules.

I think that is the thing though...they ruled today he was never involved so he technically did not break rules he is being held accountable for others breaking rules. The length and timing to go along with not being able to talk to players should fit the irreprable harm part. I would think a judge would relish the opportunity to hold the NCAA accountable for their rulings.

The NCAA is so capricious and arbitrary in the selection, application and enforcement of their rules. They are literally making this up as they go. There's a reason why every time there is an issue with one of our players and the NCAA, that I will 100% not believe the NCAA every single time. It's complete garbage.

Reactions: MGP
I think that is the thing though...they ruled today he was never involved so he technically did not break rules he is being held accountable for others breaking rules. The length and timing to go along with not being able to talk to players should fit the irreprable harm part. I would think a judge would relish the opportunity to hold the NCAA accountable for their rulings.
JB has no standing against the NCAA. They are the governing body. The NFL messed up procedures. The NCAA hasn't messed up procedures. They are just being aholes and punishing beyond excessive. JB wouldn't win a lawsuit in federal court to get this suspension thrown out.

All the Court could do is uphold or overturn it. They couldn't reduce it. JB would lose in court.

More crapola from the NCAA. They admit they abused their discretion & just toss us a bone ?

Same with the scholie appeal - they over-reacted with the severity of the penalties and just tosses us a bone by only reducing the penalties slightly.

Let's review, our transgressions were minor. Why on earth was the forfeiture of 100+ wins plus our voluntary tourney suspension insufficient. Even if they REALLY wanted to bring the hammer down (which they did), you just can't argue that more than a 5 game suspension to Jimmy AT THE START of THE SEASON & more than a loss of ONE scholie per year for four years wouldn't have been a severe penalty. Instead, we get twice that.

They simply won't admit when they are wrong.

Bending over the program to set an example, again. All done to stick it to JB.

All the other coaches get to skate on by with barely a slap on the wrist (besides Larry Brown).

Boeheim just took a look at the weather forecast and said $*** i can golf up here for the next few weeks....See ya Mike

And I hope that this doesn't derail a promising start [last night's result notwithstanding].
yeah I'm pretty sure last night took care of that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom