BREAKING: FINAL FOUR CANCELED | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING: FINAL FOUR CANCELED

Lol. In all seriousness though it really does make you question if close contact with JB during multiple olympics didn’t have a detrimental effect on coach K. A choke like this has to come back to JB somehow.

fun to gloat but i'm kinda sad he didn't play in the dome. dude was a phenom. like to see him live.

Cbs is going to run a Zion highlight reel on a split screen with the game.
I'd rather watch a Zion highlight reel than Tom Izzo style basketball. Are his players going to wear shoulder pads and helmets in practice this week? *barf*

I'd rather watch a Zion highlight reel than Tom Izzo style basketball. Are his players going to wear shoulder pads and helmets in practice this week? *barf*
I'm zioned out ill be there for his next game opening night for the Knicks.

This is almost as good as that year there were all those Kobe vs LeBron commercials, including some weird ones with puppets, and they went into heavy rotation during the playoffs and the. weight Howard was all like, "nah."

I heard that ESPN is putting together a four team tournament for next week featuring Duke, Kentucky and UNC.

They decided against a fourth team because they didn't want to risk having Duke fail to advance to the championship. Instead they are just going to show Zion and Barrett dunk highlights in the time slot after UNC and Kentucky.

I didn't care if Duke won it all, I was just hoping to see Zion play another two games. He's ridiculous and who knows if college basketball will ever see a player as athletic as him again with the NBA moving toward changing their eligibility rules. With SU sucking it up with some of the ugliest basketball I've, he gave me something fun to watch. I may have to actually catch some NBA next year.

I didn't care if Duke won it all, I was just hoping to see Zion play another two games. He's ridiculous and who knows if college basketball will ever see a player as athletic as him again with the NBA moving toward changing their eligibility rules. With SU sucking it up with some of the ugliest basketball I've, he gave me something fun to watch. I may have to actually catch some NBA next year.

If CBB and its media partners can't market the product (i.e. the players), there's no hope for the game. Zion was a different bird.

If CBB and its media partners can't market the product (i.e. the players), there's no hope for the game. Zion was a different bird.
The product isn't as good as it used to be.

I heard that ESPN is putting together a four team tournament for next week featuring Duke, Kentucky and UNC.

They decided against a fourth team because they didn't want to risk having Duke fail to advance to the championship. Instead they are just going to show Zion and Barrett dunk highlights in the time slot after UNC and Kentucky.
What is realy going to happen is that while they show those highlights, including 3pt shots , they are going to keep score proving how mighty Duke really is.

The ratings for sure are going to take a hit. I'm pulling for Auburn to win because it would be a cruel twist of irony for the NCAA.

I'd love Auburn to win so they can bury their trophy ala the 1990 SU lax team and tell the NCAA to screw.

The product isn't as good as it used to be.
You're highlighting the difference between the NCAA's product marketing strategy and the NBA's. When free agency started the mass migration of players Larry O'Brien and the NBA's marketers made the conscious decision to emphasize the players as the product in their marketing strategy. I know it's a joke, but "How many teams as LeBron James not played for?" The NCAA has, does, and will only market the schools (teams) as their product because, rightly or wrongly, they believe the teams advance in the tournament not players, otherwise we'd be having another week of the Zion-fest. It's also an argument against the points made in the "pay the players" lawsuit. "You got to be a star because of the synergy of the team."

You're highlighting the difference between the NCAA's product marketing strategy and the NBA's. When free agency started the mass migration of players Larry O'Brien and the NBA's marketers made the conscious decision to emphasize the players as the product in their marketing strategy. I know it's a joke, but "How many teams as LeBron James not played for?" The NCAA has, does, and will only market the schools (teams) as their product because, rightly or wrongly, they believe the teams advance in the tournament not players, otherwise we'd be having another week of the Zion-fest. It's also an argument against the points made in the "pay the players" lawsuit. "You got to be a star because of the synergy of the team."
It's not just that. The basketball isn't as good as it used to be because the players aren't as good. The good players leave quickly. A generation ago the best players stuck around longer and were spread amongst more teams.

If a blue blood doesn’t win the national title did anyone actually win it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom