Breeze Airways announces non-stop service from SYR to Vegas and Charleston | Syracusefan.com

Breeze Airways announces non-stop service from SYR to Vegas and Charleston

Only Monday and Friday flights once per day as of now, and the $99 to Vegas does not allow for carry-on or checked luggage and is only for Monday out and Friday back, but hell you can upgrade to first class for another $100. The times are decent, too and for non stop? Sign me the hell up. I usually pay anywhere from $400-$600 depending on the circumstances, if not more.

Nice! hope we get solid load numbers on these flights, Breeze is notorious for closing down (rather quickly) under performing routes. That said, if there is a following they will likely add more destinations.

Anyone giving this a shot this weekend? Anxious to hear the reviews.

Anyone giving this a shot this weekend? Anxious to hear the reviews.
Give what a shot? Breeze Airways? I took them to New Orleans over Christmas and had a great experience.

Give what a shot? Breeze Airways? I took them to New Orleans over Christmas and had a great experience.

Oh sweet! Friday are their first flights out of Cuse, one of them being direct to Vegas.

Did you choose one of the cattle seats, or upgrade? There's only a $10-20 difference between non cattle and first class. How did the first class seats look, compared to a major carrier?

I flew from Syracuse or Rochester to Denver on Frontier once, vowed to never fly a discount airline again. I'm simply too tall. This makes me feel like I wouldn't take advantage of Breeze's cheap seats, but there will be times where I could fly first class on Breeze, for a similar price as American coach.

Reactions: gbo
Oh sweet! Friday are their first flights out of Cuse, one of them being direct to Vegas.

Did you choose one of the cattle seats, or upgrade? There's only a $10-20 difference between non cattle and first class. How did the first class seats look, compared to a major carrier?

I flew from Syracuse or Rochester to Denver on Frontier once, vowed to never fly a discount airline again. I'm simply too tall. This makes me feel like I wouldn't take advantage of Breeze's cheap seats, but there will be times where I could fly first class on Breeze, for a similar price as American coach.
I did the regular seats and it was fine. The plane is laid out in a way that there really isn't a first class. Not in the traditional sense that is. The seats are slightly bigger but that's about it. The airline was laid back and nothing like I was expecting (which was Frontier/Sprint level despair), and I will definitely use them again.

Only Monday and Friday flights once per day as of now, and the $99 to Vegas does not allow for carry-on or checked luggage and is only for Monday out and Friday back, but hell you can upgrade to first class for another $100. The times are decent, too and for non stop? Sign me the hell up. I usually pay anywhere from $400-$600 depending on the circumstances, if not more.
I know Vegas is a unique city, but you're supposed to spend a week there without any carry-on or checked baggage? Great price though.

I know Vegas is a unique city, but you're supposed to spend a week there without any carry-on or checked baggage? Great price though.
I originally thought the same, but it looks like you can go both ways each day. So head to vegas Friday, back to cuse Monday. Or vice versa

I originally thought the same, but it looks like you can go both ways each day. So head to vegas Friday, back to cuse Monday. Or vice versa
Thank you for the clarification. That makes more sense to me than spending the entire week in the same clothes.

never good to do any special event and fly in last minute.. Even worse these days..

I flew to Vegas on wed.. Got stuck in midway with a changed flight on my stopover from Buffalo.. Got off the first flight and changed to a morning flight which was good because my changed flight never actually got to chicago.. Much smoother coming home only slight delays..

Speaking of direct flights to Vegas on budget airlines, anyone ever fly Frontier? It's the only direct flight available from Buffalo to Vegas the date that I need to go (I'm flying Southwest direct home) and I really, really prefer to fly direct than have a layover (especially when my other best option is a layover in Newark and it's an 11 hour travel day versus a 4 and a half hour straight shot).

Speaking of direct flights to Vegas on budget airlines, anyone ever fly Frontier? It's the only direct flight available from Buffalo to Vegas the date that I need to go (I'm flying Southwest direct home) and I really, really prefer to fly direct than have a layover (especially when my other best option is a layover in Newark and it's an 11 hour travel day versus a 4 and a half hour straight shot).
I have a 2 hour time limit with Frontier or Spirit. If the flight time is under that, I'll give them a shot. $39 to Salt lake the other day, worth it.

I flew Frontier from NY to Denver once, TOO FAR. It was just flat out uncomfortable. It was like I was sitting on plywood and I was about 3 inches too tall. (I'm 6'2). Never again.

I have a 2 hour time limit with Frontier or Spirit. If the flight time is under that, I'll give them a shot. $39 to Salt lake the other day, worth it.

I flew Frontier from NY to Denver once, TOO FAR. It was just flat out uncomfortable. It was like I was sitting on plywood and I was about 3 inches too tall. (I'm 6'2). Never again.

Yeah comfort is definitely an issue, but not one I'm overly concerned with. Flying any airline is uncomfortable (I'm 6'1", can't imagine how people over 6'5" fly, especially long distances). Just get me where I have to get to at or near the time that you said you're going to and I'm happy.

I am 6'0. Flown Frontier to and from CNY and Florida a few times now.

No food or drink without paying is a little irritating. It is maybe a little tight but it seems about average to me compared to other airlines. The nickel and diming for bags, choosing your seat location, etc is also a little irritating, as is the lack of entertainment. No wifi whatsoever the last few times I used them. The lack of daily flights isn't good either.

But their prices are good. If you are just looking to go from place A to place B, and their dates and times work for you, it isn't a bad option. I just load a movie or a couple of TV shows on my iPad, and I am good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom