Brey is a suspect game coach | Syracusefan.com

Brey is a suspect game coach

Didn't we have a guy in the game that all of us knew couldn't hit a free throw? No attempt to foul him, foul him, foul him.

I did't make a score prediction in the prediction thread but I said that I never count us out against a Mike Brey team. I rarely toot my own horn but I'll call it a win.

I wonder what it's like to not make the second weekend for twelve years.

If it's between him and Bennett for ACC coach of the year, I'm going with Brey. How the heck he's won 24 games with these mopes, I'll never know.

Recruit for recruit I would take Brey over most - he does does a great job with secondary talent. I'd luv to see how the great Roy Williams would do with a bunch of 3/4 stars players.

Didn't we have a guy in the game that all of us knew couldn't hit a free throw? No attempt to foul him, foul him, foul him.

Brey should have been pounding the ball inside the last 3 minutes instead of having Grant hoisting up 30 footers. Not a great tactician.

Recruit for recruit I would take Brey over most - he does does a great job with secondary talent. I'd luv to see how the great Roy Williams would do with a bunch of 3/4 stars players.
I said game coach. And he gets better players than people think. Not many get what UNC does.

If it's between him and Bennett for ACC coach of the year, I'm going with Brey. How the heck he's won 24 games with these mopes, I'll never know.

JB seems to have Brey's number. They rarely shoot well against us. I'd say it has something to do with the zone, but who wants to go there?

Brey should have been pounding the ball inside the last 3 minutes instead of having Grant hoisting up 30 footers. Not a great tactician.
I said that in the other post. Our two best inside guys were on the bench. They didn't need to be hoisting up threes as early as they did. Glad they did though.

No comparison between him and Bennett. He is coaching N.D.. He gets off easy with the we have high standards. So does Duke. So does Stanford and many others. He coaches N.D.. They get talent. And if they don't get enough, whose fault is that?

Watch Brey use Troy Murphy as a decoy against us years ago was my first inkling that he wasn't a great game coach. He never disappoints me...

Watch Brey use Troy Murphy as a decoy against us years ago was my first inkling that he wasn't a great game coach. He never disappoints me...

Was it true that Grant's first shot was with 10 or so left in the 2nd half?

He is 24-5 in the ACC.
He has two terrific sr's. Including the best player in the league. Their season isn't over. let's see what he can do the rest of the way. Losing that game tonight was a black mark. rak fouled out with 5 minutes to play.

Which guy?

Whoever ends up as ND's likely 2nd round opponent will be one of my bracket upsets.
You can throw UNC and Louisville in there too. Both are extremely overrated.

It was a safe prediction to make before the game and it came to pass: Boeheim outcoached Brey. Glad to see a return to normalcy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom