Brian Kelly to LSU | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Brian Kelly to LSU

There was no search, nobody turned them down, this has been in the works since the moment Kelly resigned.

It all took less than two days. OC Tommy Rees and strength coach Matt Balis both turned down Kelly's offer to go to LSU and have agreed to remain at ND.

Only two or three ND assistants are going to end up agreeing to follow Kelly.

Did Oklahoma panic or whiff by hiring Lincoln Riley ?? Did Ohio State do likewise by hiring Ryan Day ??

Georgia with Kirby Smart, etc.. ??

Freeman is one of the most highly thought of young coaches in the country and is a dynamic recruiter.

Ironically, ND outbid LSU last January for Marcus Freeman as DC.

Marcus Freeman recruited more 5 stars on defense in the past 10 months than ND signed since 2014, total.

Almost all of ND's recruiting class posted that they wanted Freeman hired. Many of the current players and former players did too.

The fifth ranked recruiting class was at stake, as well as potential transfers. ND didn't want to wait a month on Fickell when they all thought that they had their man on campus.
All is well then. Maybe we can talk about them less

There was no search, nobody turned them down, this has been in the works since the moment Kelly resigned.

It all took less than two days. OC Tommy Rees and strength coach Matt Balis both turned down Kelly's offer to go to LSU and have agreed to remain at ND.

Did Oklahoma panic or whiff by hiring Lincoln Riley ?? Did Ohio State do likewise by hiring Ryan Day ??

Freeman is one of the most highly thought of young coaches in the country and is a dynamic recruiter.

Marcus Freeman recruited more 5 stars on defense in the past 10 months than ND signed since 2014, total.

Almost all of ND's recruiting class posted that they wanted Freeman hired. Many of the current players and former players did too.

The fifth ranked recruiting class was at stake, as well as potential transfers. ND didn't want to wait a month on Fickell when they all thought that they had their man on campus.

The fifth ranked recruiting class was at stake, as well as potential transfers. ND didn't want to wait a month on Fickell when they all thought that they had their man on campus
blah blah blah. HUGE risk ND is taking here. huge risk. Spin it however you want but it’s a continuity panic hire. Players want him recruits want him bunch of nonsense.

time will tell. Guy was the DC at Cincinnati a year ago. Fickell told them to wait and they crapped themselves

blah blah blah. HUGE risk ND is taking here. huge risk. Spin it however you want but it’s a continuity panic hire. Players want him recruits want him bunch of nonsense.

time will tell. Guy was the DC at Cincinnati a year ago. Fickell told them to wait and they crapped themselves
Yep , most likely scenario, Fickell said I’m finishing with my team and ND said we can’t wait. Kudos to Fickell.

How is Notre Dame handling Kelly’s explanation below? Ouch - guess he doesn’t believe in sweet goodbyes.

"I came down here because I wanted to be with the best," he said. "The resources here are outstanding. It starts with the alignment, excellence, the standard of expectations. Listen, you're looked at in terms of championships here. I want that…”

How is Notre Dame handling Kelly’s explanation below? Ouch - guess he doesn’t believe in sweet goodbyes.

"I came down here because I wanted to be with the best," he said. "The resources here are outstanding. It starts with the alignment, excellence, the standard of expectations. Listen, you're looked at in terms of championships here. I want that…”
He spent two minutes with those kids and wouldn't even take questions. Guy is one special pos.

Kelly wants to be looked at in terms of championships but couldn't win a championship at ND. It's a veiled criticism that ND wasn't giving him what he thought he needed in order to get over the NC hump.

I would be pissed hearing my coach say those things about other players and another school when he was my coach 3 days ago.

Kelly wants to be looked at in terms of championships but couldn't win a championship at ND. It's a veiled criticism that ND wasn't giving him what he thought he needed in order to get over the NC hump.

I would be pissed hearing my coach say those things about other players and another school when he was my coach 3 days ago.
Truth hurts, doesn't it. When he has to miss the playoffs because of some anachronistic obsession with being independent, he can't be happy. How many chances does a coach get? Everything has to fall in place perfectly, and then you miss out on a self imposed limitation? Guys that go to Notre Dame are smart, they see where he's coming from.

Truth hurts, doesn't it. When he has to miss the playoffs because of some anachronistic obsession with being independent, he can't be happy. How many chances does a coach get? Everything has to fall in place perfectly, and then you miss out on a self imposed limitation? Guys that go to Notre Dame are smart, they see where he's coming from.
He had three chances despite not being in a conference. Couldn't get it done.

He was in the playoffs twice and played in the National Championship game before the playoffs were set up. His leaving ND had nothing to do with their independence limiting their ability to make the playoffs.

He had three chances despite not being in a conference. Couldn't get it done.
What a foolish statement. If they sayed in the ACC they would probably be in the conference championship and probably have won it. That puts them in the playoffs and there is only 1 team that looks unbeatable, UGA, maybe, but in Kelly's mind he has to like those chances. If he got one, he'd probably get more. You'll find out. I hope Kelly keeps flaming the pompous jackasses at Notre Dame.

He was in the playoffs twice and played in the National Championship game before the playoffs were set up. His leaving ND had nothing to do with their independence limiting their ability to make the playoffs.
The more chances you get and the more experience your team gets playing in the playoffs, the better your odds at winning one. Pretty simple really. The teams that are in the playoffs every year are the ones that win it.

But he got crushed in all three of those games.

What a foolish statement. If they sayed in the ACC they would probably be in the conference championship and probably have won it. That puts them in the playoffs and there is only 1 team that looks unbeatable, UGA, maybe, but in Kelly's mind he has to like those chances. If he got one, he'd probably get more. You'll find out. I hope Kelly keeps flaming the pompous jackasses at Notre Dame.
You're starting to bore me.

But he got crushed in all three of those games.
That wasn't his point. He was saying Kelly had multiple chances at an NC despite not having a conference affiliation.

You're starting to bore me.
You could have came into the ACC at the top of Notre Dame strength. It would have been Clemson in one division and ND in the other and they both could have made the playoffs very often maybe in the same year. Like last year. Now Notre Dame is going to slump and have some 8-4 maybe 6-6 seasons and then you'll come begging to get into the ACC. What a colossal blunder.

You could have came into the ACC at the top of Notre Dame strength. It would have been Clemson in one division and ND in the other and they both could have made the playoffs very often maybe in the same year. Like last year. Now Notre Dame is going to slump and have some 8-4 maybe 6-6 seasons and then you'll come begging to get into the ACC. What a colossal blunder.
I'll never understand this fixation for some SU fans that ND has to join the ACC. How does that help SU? Just adds another very difficult opponent to the schedule.

Please stop.
Marriage is consensual.
Notre Dame doesn’t want to get married.
Leave it alone.
I wish Syracuse had nothing to do with Notre Dame. It has to do for me because I have family who went there and they are obnoxious.

Just let it go. It’s not happening.

I'll never understand this fixation for some SU fans that ND has to join the ACC. How does that help SU? Just adds another very difficult opponent to the schedule.
Self absorbed narcissists never understand other people's point of view, that's what ND represents. It would make the conference stronger, the ACC needs that to succeed. As far as I'm concerned, I wish Notre Dame wasn't a part of the conference at all.

Please stop.
Marriage is consensual.
Leave it alone.
I wish Syracuse had nothing to do with Notre Dame. It has to do for me because I have family who went there and they are obnoxious.

Almost like he takes it personally that ND passes on joining the ACC.

Please stop.
Marriage is consensual.
Leave it alone.

Brian Kelly called them out, these closet ND fans are trying to make him look like the bad guy, I just want to give them the truth. Notre Dame is not dedicated to winning championships. Also Notre Dame has stolen 2 Heisman trophy's from Syracuse and anytime I can throw mud at them, I will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom