Brian Kelly to LSU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Brian Kelly to LSU

just got 10 year extension because USC/LSU may have been interested
Franklin must have a helluva an agent. Keeps stoking reports that XYZ University wants his client. Nothing but mediocrity lately at State Penn.

Exactly….for the 100 millionth time!
Alignment scenarios almost always fail to mention this tiny detail when it comes to nd joining a conference.
Should it happen, and it won’t, ND is contractually obligated to join the ACC. Can contracts be broken, of course. But over 75 years of animus w/ the B1G makes it more likely than not, they’d join with the ACC.
The fact that ND would agree to that clause tells you loud and clear they have no intent of joining any conference.

I don't think Terry is in the mood to come on and troll about how Notre Dame independence is some transcendent glory that can never be given up now that it has blown their program to smithereens. Good luck trying to replace a once in a generation legend coach, Brian Kelly, could he have been more of a perfect fit.w0j
I am feeling just fine. I think that ND will hire someone like Luke Fickell or Marcus Freeman and will do well.

Thanks for asking.

Not just $ - I think he plateaued at “good enough to get there but not good enough to win it all” and needs the extra recruiting bump from the very tip top of the $EC
At ND Kelly had to occasionally face off against Clemson and periodically a tough P5 school like Georgia, Michigan etc. Now he gets to take on Saban, Kiffin, Jimbo, Harsin and one or two others every year. Good luck getting through that gauntlet.

The fact that ND would agree to that clause tells you loud and clear they have no intent of joining any conference.
Good, good. Hope they are enjoying the epic kick to the nads that Brian Kelly just delivered.

My prediction:

The entire ND football team enters the transfer portal and enrolls as a group at LSU. Why the hell not! This is the age we live in!

I am feeling just fine. I think that ND will hire someone like Luke Fickell or Marcus Freeman and will do well.

Thanks for asking.
You can get an up and coming coach like Chesney from your sister school. No bigtime coach wants a job where one of his hands are tied behind his back.

Three CFPs in a row. Man I'm glad I never had you as a professor.
Why? I’m not criticizing them, you asked me a direct question and I answered it factually.

Thanks for asking.
How will it not be Fickell?

It doesn't, It improves your kids-kids lives 20 years from now. It's generational wealth. There is no loyalty at any level of major college football. University, Boosters, AD, coaches, players ALL now play a roll
Yes, as a beneficiary of generational wealth it will undoubtedly benefit his grand kids.

Unless the tax code devours carried interest and/or starts taxing assets in addition to income.

Kidding aside, his grandkids were likely still set for life if he rode into the sunset at ND instead of jumping ship to Baton Rouge.

They signed him for what, 9 years. That's life altering money to ride into retirement with. Some people have Depression (as in Great Depression) mentality even when they come into money. People feel like opportunities can be taken away very quickly and the burn rate starts up.

Brian Kelly may be of that ilk where once LSU threw guaranteed money at him he pounced.

We're simple animals at our core. This was a no brainer for his family i would gather
I get your point about folks with a “Depression” mindset.

I would’ve thought being at the pinnacle of DI football gigs he would be less susceptible to that or managed his finances like people who came from humble beginnings usually do.

I agree - good for Kelly and in my opinion a good hire for LSU. Program wise he is the best guy they have had since Saban.

The fact that ND got poached by a regional school is the big picture issue to me. The most prestigious and beloved/hated program in college football is losing their winningest coach to what is basically a regional school. LSU is not Alabama, Ohio ST, Michigan, USC - they are a regional school. This has to lead to some bi picture discussions by the ND powers that be on the future and where this sport is headed.
If they're a regional school, and I'm not sure they are, that's just fine if your region is filled with talent.

Alabama was not the brand they are now pre-Saban. Someone at some point has to show up to take you beyond the status of a regional program. Maybe Kelly is that for them. He'll get southern kids because it's LSU. He'll be able to grab talent elsewhere because it's him.

Brian Kelly is a good coach no matter the schedule that ND puts out. They are hunted yearly and get everyone's best game. You can paint it anyway you want but he's been their best coach since Holtz and it's not even close. He's won 10 games 5 years in a row.

LSU isn't a dumb program. They got a guy they know can recruit, win, and manage a football team.
Hunted by who? Mediocre acc teams navy and Toledo. The guy got his but kicked by every good team he's played against. He's a pos sent a kid up to his death to film practice. He told his kids he was leaving by a group chat. Then today spent a whole two minutes talking to them and wouldn't answer questions. Guy is scum.

It astonishes me how these schools all seem to take bad fits. IMO LSU needs a players coach. Too many kids that are already looking at the NFL when they first step foot on campus. How does LSU expect a Northeastern ass hat to fit there?
Saban coached there just fine. Are their personalities that different?

Saban is at least a decent human being.
That's not the point and we actually don't know that. Maybe he is. The point is, the guy can recruit and coach and the idea that he won't be successful just because he isn't from the south just isn't true. Lane Kiffin isn't really southern either. He's pretty much a california guy with a little florida mixed in.

That's not the point and we actually don't know that. Maybe he is. The point is, the guy can recruit and coach and the idea that he won't be successful just because he isn't from the south just isn't true. Lane Kiffin isn't really southern either. He's pretty much a california guy with a little florida mixed in.
I was replying to the personalities are different post. Never said Kelly won't win at lsu. Guy is a pos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom