Brian Ward Fired | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Brian Ward Fired

Could he be demoted? Back to OL coach and just be a position coach?
Don't see why not, Dino did it with McCloud.
Lynch has been one of Dino's OC since 2015 so might be some sort of comfort level or something /shrug

This is always the unfortunate side of things from a personal standpoint. He will land another job. If I am Dino I am using Wards firing to send a “life message” to the players as well. Specifically those “me first, lack of hustling, divisive players”...

It won't be Lynch. At least not this year.

Him and Dino go way back.

Yup I dont think Lynch will go but I could see a disruption of duties. Maybe bringing in someone like Briles or Montgomery to help out. But I doubt Lynch will go any place.

Fwiw Kim McCloud was Babers DC at EIU and BGSU.

2012-13Eastern IllinoisDefensive Coordinator
2014Bowling GreenDefensive Coordinator
He let him go also correct or removed him .

Most college players need a simple attack/downhill system. I don't T2 is good for college players even if Dino likes the way it plays off his offense.

In general I expect a lot of tweaks to everything.
I hope we lean towards a vrenibles type of guy. His aggressiveness and not afraid to get on the kids. Hope coach Stanard is this way.

I could see Lynch being reassigned. Being a good OC is a bit more art than science. If Lynch is good on the mechanics but cannot see the matchups, the holes in defenses, using the whole field (for the love of god i wish we would throw middle/center of field even a couple times a game), then it may be time for another person to oversee the game planning and more importantly the adjustments.

One thing I did like about Shafer was when he was the DC here. His defenses were killer. If we could get a coach that can run a system like that...players love playing in systems like that as well. Blitzes galore, QB is consistently on his ass, top run defenses in the country year in and year out. We would just need DBs to improve. I’m all for an aggressive, attacking defense rather than what we run now.
I’ve been saying that for 3 years. I sure hope that’s what we get

I always have mixed emotions with these types of situations. While I thought it was time, as our D has been really bad 3 of 4 years, i always feel bad to see someone who seems like a good guy lose his job. Best of luck to him.

I don't know if babers thinks this but turnovers are luck and not sustainable. We hoped ward has some ideas how to get the ball but he didn't and no one does. No one wants to do stuff to the punch bowl but we got pretty lucky last year

I always wonder how these conversations go. I’m serious. How do you think Dino has the discussion? Obviously every job has to do it sometimes but especially curious about football (I’ve never managed others so never been in the situation).

ahfco.jpg

Pretty much my thoughts have already been said by many people.

Very surprised by this, the timing especially.

I thought there were bigger issues with the team then the DC, however, repeated mistakes by players game after game is never a good sign. But we are having those same mistakes on the offensive side. To me, the offense has fared far worse then the D has, so the timing and decision are very surprising to me.

Ward will find another job very easily. So I’m happy about that. Being fired sucks but if you become a college coach, it’s the life you better be okay with.

Would you go after Ash as a DC? If he's good enough for Urban Meyer as a DC, he's good enough for me. it would be pretty ironic after all the concerns here that he would be the next HC instead of Babers 4 years ago.

I always have mixed emotions with these types of situations. While I thought it was time, as our D has been really bad 3 of 4 years, i always feel bad to see someone who seems like a good guy lose his job. Best of luck to him.
It’s a tough business and Dino is paid millions to make these decisions. Best of luck to coach Ward

Pretty much my thoughts have already been said by many people.

Very surprised by this, the timing especially.

I thought there were bigger issues with the team then the DC, however, repeated mistakes by players game after game is never a good sign. But we are having those same mistakes on the offensive side. To me, the offense has fared far worse then the D has, so the timing and decision are very surprising to me.

Ward will find another job very easily. So I’m happy about that. Being fired sucks but if you become a college coach, it’s the life you better be okay with.
you give up 58 to a running team that is limited through the air then changes need to be made

you give up 58 to a running team that is limited through the air then changes need to be made

Uh huh. Not sure why what you said needed to be attached to my post?

Would you go after Ash as a DC? If he's good enough for Urban Meyer as a DC, he's good enough for me. it would be pretty ironic after all the concerns here that he would be the next HC instead of Babers 4 years ago.

I would have no problem talking to Ash after the season. Don't know what Babers will be looking for but IMO you could do a lot worse than Ash for a DC.

I could see Lynch being reassigned. Being a good OC is a bit more art than science. If Lynch is good on the mechanics but cannot see the matchups, the holes in defenses, using the whole field (for the love of god i wish we would throw middle/center of field even a couple times a game), then it may be time for another person to oversee the game planning and more importantly the adjustments.
Maybe if he was up in the box rather than field level he could see these things? Just sayin

he needs to do a SELF ASSESMENT first, coach a scheme suited to your personnel second. third REALIZE that the d kept you in games to date--- dino-- look closer!!!!
What scheme do you envision?

I think Ash could be really interesting as a DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom