Brian Ward Fired | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Brian Ward Fired

Uh huh. Not sure why what you said needed to be attached to my post?
you said offensive was bigger problem than d. The d was supposed to be the strength of the team with a bunch of returning players. Thats a bad sign for d to give up so many points

if you dont have the horses then you need to at least try and confuse the oline.. we did some blitzing but very little pre-snap post-snap changes.

Had to do something. No point running off players who were part of the 10 win season.

Stanard has a pretty good resume to step in and stop the bleeding.

Also I think the next 2 games are pretty winnable. Wasn't Louisville in worse shape this time last year than we are now? Wake will be tough but if we are coming off 2 straight wins that could be a fun one.

lots of questions as to why defense is being addressed before offense. Perhaps it’s not just results but something else. Did he lose the players? To stubborn to change etc.

the fact we refused to try and stop the same simple plays yesterday might have been an issue.

Ya think?

It was an unprepared defense. Maybe there’s more to the story than Ward as to what happened yesterday. But I’m not surprised that he took the fall.

He’s the DC in the record books for some of our worst performances of all time. Unfortunate, but true.

I’m curious where we go from here.

lots of questions as to why defense is being addressed before offense. Perhaps it’s not just results but something else. Did he lose the players? To stubborn to change etc.
No inside info, but if I had to guess - offense is struggling because of talent and experience limitations, defense maybe has struggled because of things they should be in control of but haven't been.

Let's get Phil Montgomery to come in as QB Coach/OC
Phil is still the HC at Tulsa right now. But Tulsa is 2-7 and it is said Phil is decidedly on the hot seat.

Someone else suggested bringing in Kendall Briles. Assuming he has been detoxed enough to get hired at Syracuse now, there is no question Kendall and Dino know each other and are friendly.

He said this about Dino just before the FSU-SU game:

BRILES ON DINO BABERS
“Very well. Coached together from 2008 to 2011. He was an outside receivers coach, I was an inside receivers coach. Still talk. Great job that he’s done at Syracuse...They’re desperate just like we are. They are. He’s going to come here and he’s going to be very aggressive. I know Dino. We’ll have those guys ready to play.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom