Bringing first timers. Pitt or Clemson? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bringing first timers. Pitt or Clemson?

This is a catch 22. Pitt will be a competitive game, we have a real chance of winning. But the atmosphere will not be that electric as stated. Clemson on the other hand will probably be a stomp fest but by god we win that game your ganna be part of history! Itll seriously be a night you will remember for the rest of your life.

Just win baby!

If the Orange enters the game with a 4-1 record, a dynamic offense, and a chance to win, the Dome will be a lot of fun.

Once again awesome input everyone, thanks a lot. I broke it down for the boys and had them vote and it looks like we will be going to the Pitt game. Gonna grab some tickets from stubhub soon. As we get closer to the season I will reach out again to see what you think in regards to how we should approach the day. When I had football seasons my father always liked to hang out at the Sheraton and grab a sausage sandwich pregame. Every other game I've been too, football or hoops, it's been Marshall street and my beloved Chucks (RIP :-( ) with the occasional visit to Armory and then shuttle (or train back in the day) after the pregame. With no more Chucks though I am considering tailgating before the game, but in all my years going to the Dome I have NEVER tailgated before any game. We take the tailgating very seriously at Bills games and I would love some pointers on the way to make it work best outside the Dome. I've seen sporadic tailgates here and there but never any true gatherings.

Again thanks for all your opinions, it really helped me break down the case for either game and present it to the crew.

100 days away from Orange football, GO CUSE!

So I've been to the Dome probably over a 100 times. Had football seasons with my father throughout the 90's and the first couple years of the 2000's. Have been to at least 2-3 hoops games for the better part of 25 years. I love the Carrier dome and have experienced the highs and lows there as I have grown up with it.

This season I will be bringing out a few friends of mine that have never been to the Carrier Dome for football (Only the one has even been there for hoops). I want them to have the best possible experience. There are two games we can pull off. Pitt October 7th and Clemson October 13th. I had Bills season tickets with these guys and they are used to the raucous environment pre, during and post game you experience at the Ral...New Era Field.

On one hand the Clemson game is intriguing because it's the defending champs and, at games start at least, I envision the dome being like it was in the 90's. Special. When that place was rocking it was as loud as any Bills game I have been too. The day leading up to the game should be awesome, tailgate, bars, hype, etc...But... I could see us getting pasted. Granted the chance to be there for a Nebraska like upset would be awesome even if it's not likely.

On the other hand Pitt should be a competitive game. The tickets on stubhub are half the price. But what type of environment will it be inside that Dome (sadly I have only made it to a few games the last 10 years, a few of which were somewhat depressing seeing a half filled building). I want these guys to come out of there thinking "The SU football experience is pretty cool!". The game could and likely will be something like a noon kick off which erases the lead up the Clemson game would provide.

I'm so on the fence right now and would love anyone's thoughts to help persuade me.

Electric atmosphere/Day leading up to the game/probable ugly result vs Competitive game/cheaper tickets/subdued environment?

Go Cuse
I say Clemson. The dome will be filled more with a lot of energy, at least at kickoff. Clemson is relpacing Watson and we'll be a few weeks into a year two of our new systems, so maybe we keep it interesting for a while. If we beat Pitt the week before after having a good out of conference, that'll ramp up the pregame hype a bit. If we don't, did you wanna be at that game instead of Clemson?

Poking around for Clemson now. It's parents weekend (of course it is) and the hotel selection is scarce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom