Brissett needs his own thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brissett needs his own thread...

Agree with this thread. Frustration comes because he hasn't had nearly enough games like tonight consistently finishing inside.

When he drives he has a hard time finishing. He is more in control posting up. Drive and finish is completely different than post and finish.

He was tremendous tonight. Really had 2-3 excellent post up moves where he didn’t FADE AWAY. Someone on the coaching staff got through to him to use the step through and attack.

That’s the player I thought we were getting this year. He was great on the glass. His shot selection was excellent and he finished strong. That was best game of the year IMO.

If we get that version of him going forward, we will be a much better team.
Agreed. He was fantastic. Looked better than he has all season.

I think he played tough all game. He is the guy that should do the inside to outside in beginning of game. If he is open he should shoot the three but if not drag his man down to ten ft cause he has the moves to score on anyone,

Does brissett earn a nickname with this big boy inside play and rebound numbers?

What I absolutely loved was that when Brissett got a favorable matchup, we recognized, and actually fed him the ball. Him finishing was the icing on the cake.
Complete opposite of the NC State game when he had that midget on him multiple times and we didn’t bother even trying to get it to him.

Much more focused game plan and execution by staff and players tonight.

Tough crowd. He shot 50% from 3. 2-4. I'm guessing you were expecting perfection from 3?
Of the 3’s he shot he was either wide open or against the clock. Im satisfied.

he kind of telegraphed this in that story with donna this morning, didn't he?
That was a very well written and timely article. The community is lucky to have Donna and Waters. They are excellent writers. I have meet both and they are really pleasant people too.
As far as Oshae he was awesome. I have been saying for a month I would lock him in a room and make him watch John Wallace tape. Start inside and then move out. He is a constant mismatch just like Wallace was.
Having Mark in the floor instead of Pascal really makes a huge difference for Brissett. The spacing is so much better. Also Marek is a good post entry passer. Fun game last night for the first time in a while.

OB-Wan?
My wife has been calling him Brisket since last year - it’s caught on with my 6 year old so it’s official in our household. He was a beast tonight. Tough inside battling for boards. He was more in control around the rim.

The Donna article was spot on. Sans NC State he’s really turning the year around. He plays like he did last year and this team is very dangerous with an inside presence. You can see how much space he opens up with his mismatches as he forces guys to collapse on him. We finally have shooters for him to kick it out too.

The part that I found most interesting was that Marek fed him the ball inside a lot. He’s a great passer and the team did a fantastic job forcing him the ball. He needs to play like he’s the guy more.

That was a very well written and timely article. The community is lucky to have Donna and Waters. They are excellent writers. I have meet both and they are really pleasant people too.
As far as Oshae he was awesome. I have been saying for a month I would lock him in a room and make him watch John Wallace tape.
Having Mark in the floor really instead of Pascal makes a huge difference for Brissett. The spacing is so much better. Also Marek is a good post entry passer. Fun game last night for the first time in a while.
Posted almost the same exact thing. Love watching that lineup. Smaller but if the guards are collapsing on rebounds and Brissett is tough inside, we still get quite a few boards. Marek does a great job getting in position for boards.

He was tremendous tonight. Really had 2-3 excellent post up moves where he didn’t FADE AWAY. Someone on the coaching staff got through to him to use the step through and attack.

That’s the player I thought we were getting this year. He was great on the glass. His shot selection was excellent and he finished strong. That was best game of the year IMO.

If we get that version of him going forward, we will be a much better team.

Am I crazy or did he have multiple pivot, fake, pivot, step through, layup moves? Like, where did THAT guy come from?

Solid game for him. Step in the right direction, for sure. Needs to remain patient in the paint. Use footwork and get to where you want to get to. No fading, no double clutching. No wreck-less drives into contact. No off balance right shots when driving left (had one last night that didn't go). Find the mis-match and try to exploit it. That's good basketball.

If you toss out the NC State game (and you should) Oshae has been really good over the last 4 games. The article about how he has been working hard on his inside game (read it here) sheds some light on why. I love his improving game, and kudos to him for understanding and working on his weaknesses. Go CUSE!

2019-02-21_0926.png

Still didn't score with the efficiency you hope for, but that stretch he had somewhere around the 5:00 mark in the first half was huuuuuuge and he finally looked like the player we had hoped we were getting for that stretch. Solid all-around game, but I'd still like to see better than 16 points on 15 FGA as far as scoring goes.

Am I crazy or did he have multiple pivot, fake, pivot, step through, layup moves? Like, where did THAT guy come from?

That sequence was absolutely Hak-esque. Gorgeous low-post moves. :cool:

Ridiculous he didn’t shoot a free throw yesterday.
Agree. May also speak to the fact he was more in control and not as reckless too. He was so much more patient around the rim. And when he does that, he can pass out to open guys, too. Love his game when he plays like that.

OB was phenomenal yesterday. If he can give us anything close to that moving forward, I have no problem saying that we should run the offense through him on the block/high post.

The put back he scored with a UL defender undercutting him from behind was outstanding. That type of body control showed he's getting more comfortable in the post.

Huge factor for the team going into March.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom