Bronny James | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Bronny James

Honestly it’s not the worst package deal in the world. You get Lebron who still is a Top 10 player on Earth and still sells out arenas wherever he goes. Bronny gets a couple minutes of garbage time here and there which is a crowd pleaser. It’s probably a good business move.
I suppose. I don't really follow the NBA very closely, but I realize this is definitely unchartered territory.

Honestly it’s not the worst package deal in the world. You get Lebron who still is a Top 10 player on Earth and still sells out arenas wherever he goes. Bronny gets a couple minutes of garbage time here and there which is a crowd pleaser. It’s probably a good business move.
Its strictly a business move. If Lakers resign Lebron it is because of business and not what is best for the team from a winning perspective short term or in the future.

And I'm not sure Lebron is top 10 any longer.

Bronny needs to play. Game reps in the G-League would be much better for his development than sitting on the bench in the NBA just so he can spend as much time as possible w/ his dad.

It’s obvious this is turning into a deal that if a team drafts Bronny in the 2nd round they will get to sign Lebron for his final year. I’m sure Lebron is working behind the scenes on a handful of teams that he would play for in his last season.

100%

I like Bronny, but it's becoming insane at this point.

Wasn't All City LA, but made the McDondalds game.
Averaged like 5, 3 and 2 at USC, but got a combine invite.
Magically has amazing leaks coming out about performance.
Now will get drafted by one of the two teams that are willing to max out Bron for like three years.

I actually feel bad for the kid to a point.

I suppose. I don't really follow the NBA very closely, but I realize this is definitely unchartered territory.
Giannis's younger brother Thanasis who totally stinks being on the Bucks is pretty close to an apples to apples comparison. It sucks that he takes up a roster spot, but if that's what you have to do to keep this one-in-a-lifetime player in a cold small market city, so be it.

Last edited:
Its strictly a business move. If Lakers resign Lebron it is because of business and not what is best for the team from a winning perspective short term or in the future.

Agreed it's 100% a business move. Bronny simply is not an NBA talent.

Advanced metrics suggest Lebron still very much is a Top 10 player. 6th in PER, 6th in VORP, 7th in BPM.

It’s obvious this is turning into a deal that if a team drafts Bronny in the 2nd round they will get to sign Lebron for his final year. I’m sure Lebron is working behind the scenes on a handful of teams that he would play for in his last season.
It’s not only obvious, that’s exactly what LeBron said would happen

Picture1.jpg

Agreed it's 100% a business move. Bronny simply is not an NBA talent.

Advanced metrics suggest Lebron still very much is a Top 10 player. 6th in PER, 6th in VORP, 7th in BPM.
Sure those 3 offensive advanced metrics would suggest he was top 10 this year. Other metrics would suggest otherwise (i.e. all win share metrics). Factor in the defensive end of the court and a strong argument can be made he is not top 10. The metrics you provided would also suggest he is above players like Embiid, Edwards, Curry, Brown and Tatum...in some cases by a wide margin.

True Jarrett Allen is definitely a top 11 player in the nba!!

Btw I agree Lebron is still top 10*

*when he plays, and when he cares.

And it just goes without saying that Bronny taking a roster spot from a more deserving player totally sucks and is completely unfair. While I get it from a business perspective, I still don’t like it.

Its like when some mediocre legacy student gets a spot at Harvard because his/her Dad donated.

100%

I like Bronny, but it's becoming insane at this point.

Wasn't All City LA, but made the McDondalds game.
Averaged like 5, 3 and 2 at USC, but got a combine invite.
Magically has amazing leaks coming out about performance.
Now will get drafted by one of the two teams that are willing to max out Bron for like three years.

I actually feel bad for the kid to a point.
I wish I had such issues dragging me up to the pinnacle of my field

Bronny is staying in the Draft. He has over 10 team workout invites and declining most (only considering the Lakers and Suns).

Edit...

Interesting article I read yesterday suggested that LeBron go to Philly to essentially replace Tobias Harris. The article mentioned how they could make it work, and how Philly even had a second round pick in this year's draft to use on Bronny.

Interesting article I read yesterday suggested that LeBron go to Philly to essentially replace Tobias Harris. The article mentioned how they could make it work, and how Philly even had a second round pick in this year's draft to use on Bronny.

There's been rumors in the Cleveland media as well.

As a life long Cleveland sports fan, I have a love/hate relationship for the Runaround Sue that is Lebron James.

Last edited:
Amazes me that teams will burn a pick on this kid just to sell some tickets. Lebron isn’t leading anyone to a championship anymore.

I doubt LeBron wants go to one of the bad teams. So if you have a lottery pick, why not take Bronny in the 2nd round as trade bait? LeBron can can chose where he goes and you trade Bronny to that team. In the end you can get better players or a nice future draft pick for pretty much nothing.

Amazes me that teams will burn a pick on this kid just to sell some tickets. Lebron isn’t leading anyone to a championship anymore.

If you put him with the right cast, I think he knows how to defer.

He still gets out on the break, and he just had his best year ever from 3, at 41%, I believe.

Put him with Embiid, Tyrese Maxie and a few more guys, and that's a better looking team than he had in LA.

If you put him with the right cast, I think he knows how to defer.

He still gets out on the break, and he just had his best year ever from 3, at 41%, I believe.

Put him with Embiid, Tyrese Maxie and a few more guys, and that's a better looking team than he had in LA.

He won’t, but he should sign with San Antonio.

I still remember Miami gave up three picks to the Hornets to trade up two spots to draft Shabaz Napier because Lebron wanted him only to leave anyway. So I would be very cc careful drafting Bronny assuming that's where Lebron is going.

I'm not joking. From a business perspective, Bronny will be the best draft pick since LeBron himself was drafted. LeBron still single handedly changes economics of teams.

It's a good move from a basketball perspective too. No team needs their 13th player and a year or two of LeBron is likely better than anything you are going to draft in this historically bad draft class.

The key is this has to be a team LeBron is willing to sign for, and who has the cap space to sign him. I'd imagine that's a very short list. Maybe 2 or 3 teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom