Bronny James | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Bronny James

He is still an excellent all around player that could vault a good team into contention
Amazes me that teams will burn a pick on this kid just to sell some tickets. Lebron isn’t leading anyone to a championship anymore

Wonder what they are thinking the NBA is going to make the Lakers good next year especially if the Celtics win. In a draft like this you could pick someone that ends up better than the #1 overall at 17.

Any team that drafts him isn’t serious about winning. It’s a waste of a roster spot. His numbers were worse than Justin Taylor’s for us last season.
I think it really depends on which team it is. Bronny drafted in a vacuum is obviously asinine. Bronny and Lebron as a package deal for 1-2 seasons could be a net positive for a team depending on it's situation. And the spectacle of it would pack arenas, sell merchandise, etc.

I think it really depends on which team it is. Bronny drafted in a vacuum is obviously asinine. Bronny and Lebron as a package deal for 1-2 seasons could be a net positive for a team depending on it's situation. And the spectacle of it would pack arenas, sell merchandise, etc.
The idea of a team drafting Bronny so they can sign LeBron is overhyped. There are only 7 teams (Det, Phi, Orlando, Utah, Okc, SAS, Cha) that have any type of salary cap space, with only really two of them (Det and Phi) that can pay him what he would be leaving on the table by opting out of his Lakers contract ($50mil plus per year). LeBron isn’t going to Det. Leaves Philly as the only potential option as a FA signing. There may be some sign and trade options……which I wish the Lakers would do.

It’s going to be the Lakers and they are going to stink. I will thoroughly enjoy it.

I would laugh at team who picks him before the 2nd round.

Agreed it's 100% a business move. Bronny simply is not an NBA talent.

Advanced metrics suggest Lebron still very much is a Top 10 player. 6th in PER, 6th in VORP, 7th in BPM.
….and next year?

I've never known a Bronny before. What's his middle name?

Any team that drafts him isn’t serious about winning. It’s a waste of a roster spot. His numbers were worse than Justin Taylor’s for us last season.
I disagree, you're essentially getting LeBron in the deal and you'd get him at a hell of a salary discount if you wanted him to. Id say that's worth a pretty high pick in this trash bag of a draft. I'm not saying Bronny is deserving of even a look after the summer league, but Bronny isn't the prize of whomever picks him.

So if you draft Bronny and sign Lebron, and Lebron's goal is to play with his son, will he be satisfied with having his son sit on the bench or does he want Bronny to get meaningful minutes and not just on the team? Who will be the coach on this team knowing that every coach who tried to coach Lebron had been scapegoated and fired except Heat's Eric Spo, and also knowing may be the one dictating plays and substitutions. Lebron ignores play calls by Luke Walton, and rallied the whole team to ignore play calls by Devon Ham.

So if you draft Bronny and sign Lebron, and Lebron's goal is to play with his son, will he be satisfied with having his son sit on the bench or does he want Bronny to get meaningful minutes and not just on the team? Who will be the coach on this team knowing that every coach who tried to coach Lebron had been scapegoated and fired except Heat's Eric Spo, and also knowing may be the one dictating plays and substitutions. Lebron ignores play calls by Luke Walton, and rallied the whole team to ignore play calls by Devon Ham.
I would think Lebron is smart enough not to expect a franchise/coach to play someone not good enough to excel, even if it is his son. The hope would be that he could have some minutes on the court with his son, at some point. Regardless, he's around his son every day, which it seems he wants.

Detroit (not going to happen) and Philly (easily the more likely of the two) are the only teams that currently would have the money for a max deal for LeBron. There are a handful of other teams that could make it work. Besides staying with the Lakers, I think the most likely option would be a sign-amd-trade.

Detroit (not going to happen) and Philly (easily the more likely of the two) are the only teams that currently would have the money for a max deal for LeBron. There are a handful of other teams that could make it work. Besides staying with the Lakers, I think the most likely option would be a sign-amd-trade.
He's a billionaire, he'll play for the minimum to play with is son.

Kind of doubt it.
He's always gotten paid but I've never heard of him being a greedy person, let alone letting $$$ get in the way of his kid playing with him. I think he'd sign with a team like Philly and get the minimum and give his kid a ring, and be a Philly hero.

He's always gotten paid but I've never heard of him being a greedy person, let alone letting $$$ get in the way of his kid playing with him. I think he'd sign with a team like Philly and get the minimum and give his kid a ring, and be a Philly hero.

I haven't seen him take less than the maximum yet, when flexibility on his part could have built better rosters for the Lakers, to have a better chance of winning. He's been paid $50M+ on his current contract per year, and they pay a similar amount to Anthony Davis. That's 2/3 of the cap amount, on 2 guys. How many elite guys have deferred money these days? I don't recall James being one of them, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_6058.jpeg
    IMG_6058.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online