Bronny James | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bronny James

Interesting. I've never heard the name LeBron before...
R.c99bec3012ca9b9421da8d5fc5d82c11.jpeg

Bronney is so bad and lost USC every game that they should just let Caitlin Clark play on the Lakers. She's better than him she hits contested shots has a nice step back passes etc.

Bronney is so bad and lost USC every game that they should just let Caitlin Clark play on the Lakers. She's better than him she hits contested shots has a nice step back passes etc.

His dad now says stats don't matter. You know what I guess they don't, averaged 13 pts in hs and under 5 in college and now he gets a guaranteed contract in the NBA yep he totally earned everything... What a joke.

I’ve heard people scream “nepo baby” about a lot of different situations. That being said, is this not a perfect example of that phrase?
Of course it is. But when you're the most complete player ever to play the sport you can call the shots. If I were Lebron I'd do the same thing, same if I was in JBs shoes with his kids.

Sits game 2 with an injury - I'm sure it's legit but kid needs to play and prove a little bit this summer. I know the players worship the ground LBJ walks on, but the end of the bench guys and the undrafted guys are not going to enjoy this treatment. It's a business.

Sits game 2 with an injury - I'm sure it's legit but kid needs to play and prove a little bit this summer. I know the players worship the ground LBJ walks on, but the end of the bench guys and the undrafted guys are not going to enjoy this treatment. It's a business.

I don't think the players worship LeBron, at least not all of them.

Hence, why Lakers can't attract free agents.

Klutch/Bron run that team. Drafted his kid, hired his podcast buddy, etc.

Not very appealing to go to a team where you have to answer questions about Bron, Bronny, JJ 10x a week and, at best, get like a 6 or 7 seed in the West (and more likely a 8-10 seed).

Reminder of this KD quote from a while back:

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bullshit attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Since that quote, it *is* now Bron's fault, for better or worse. JJ as coach. Bronny as a draft pick. Bron is on his 10th coach during his career. The only ones not to have been fired while coaching him are Spo (who Riley had to tell Bron to cool it and back off) and Ty Lue (who is happy to stay coaching the Clippers vs entertaining switching to the Lakers after having won a chip with Bron) and now JJ (who hasn't coached a game yet).

But the dude has four chips and been to the finals a million times. And, the Lakers ownership isn't like a Ballmer that is independently insanely wealthy outside of the franchise. The Buss' family's wealth is tied to the Lakers. I believe, at least as a few years ago, the Buss family had the least wealth of any NBA owner.

As I learned on my fantasy (football+baseball) teams (auction draft), and we can see with the Angels, having one massive superstar doesn't win championships.
You've got to build a well-rounded team, and IRL, have backups for injuries.

Klutch/Bron run that team. Drafted his kid, hired his podcast buddy, etc.

Not very appealing to go to a team where you have to answer questions about Bron, Bronny, JJ 10x a week and, at best, get like a 6 or 7 seed in the West (and more likely a 8-10 seed).

Reminder of this KD quote from a while back:

"So much hype comes from being around LeBron from other people," Durant said. "He has so many fanboys in the media. Even the beat writers just fawn over him. I'm like, we're playing basketball here, and it's not even about basketball at certain points. So I get why anyone wouldn't want to be in that environment because it's toxic. Especially when the attention is bullshit attention, fluff. It's not LeBron's fault at all; it's just the fact you have so many groupies in the media that love to hang on every word. Just get out of the way and let us play basketball."

Since that quote, it *is* now Bron's fault, for better or worse. JJ as coach. Bronny as a draft pick. Bron is on his 10th coach during his career. The only ones not to have been fired while coaching him are Spo (who Riley had to tell Bron to cool it and back off) and Ty Lue (who is happy to stay coaching the Clippers vs entertaining switching to the Lakers after having won a chip with Bron) and now JJ (who hasn't coached a game yet).

But the dude has four chips and been to the finals a million times. And, the Lakers ownership isn't like a Ballmer that is independently insanely wealthy outside of the franchise. The Buss' family's wealth is tied to the Lakers. I believe, at least as a few years ago, the Buss family had the least wealth of any NBA owner.
eh I am mixed on this - I don't think it's just the media. Some front line guys worship him. See Draymond fawning over him. I think the bench guys are too worried about sticking in the league and will resent Bronny taking their seat and whatever PT is there. The key to the end of the bench career is working hard, not making waves, and earning what you get, and that in my opinion is where Bronny is going to have to find his way.

I do think the schtick of LBJ gets all the credit when he wins and passes blame when he loses is old around the league.

eh I am mixed on this - I don't think it's just the media. Some front line guys worship him. See Draymond fawning over him. I think the bench guys are too worried about sticking in the league and will resent Bronny taking their seat and whatever PT is there. The key to the end of the bench career is working hard, not making waves, and earning what you get, and that in my opinion is where Bronny is going to have to find his way.

I do think the schtick of LBJ gets all the credit when he wins and passes blame when he loses is old around the league.

Draymond is Klutch and also an idiot. I get your point, but I don't take what he says/does to have any meaningful value.

Of course it is. But when you're the most complete player ever to play the sport you can call the shots. If I were Lebron I'd do the same thing, same if I was in JBs shoes with his kids.
I hear ya. I’m a passive fan of the NBA at best. From an outsider’s perspective I’m tired of hearing about it. Add to that a Dukie who’s never coached a game is the Lakers new head coach, and it’s possible I’ll pay a bit closer attention in hopes that they lose.

And unfortunately that's why Hurley, didn't take the Lakers job. He didn't want to put up with the Circus. It wasn't about the money, no one wanted to coach father and son.

He'll take the job after this blows up.

If anyone wants some funny along with specific commentary on Bronny's games so far, checkout Awful Coaching YT channel.

To be fair to Bronny most late 2nd round picks are allowed to suck with no spotlight and media attention.

They could have let him play another year at USC and then snuck him onto the team with a 2 way deal and noone would have said much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom