Broyld on First Spring practice | Syracusefan.com

Broyld on First Spring practice

Ok so again, for the 99th time, he is not a QB on this team. He will get a few snaps in a running wildcat split, but that is it.

The AB QB train has left the station, and he wasn't on it.

He also has small hands so the drops will continue to be an issue IMO. Tough spot for the coaches.

CuseLegacy: Thanks for posting these. It's great to hear about practice from the guys on the field. I watched this one and the interviews of Hunt and Kinder. I am very impressed with each... each one presented themselves well and seemed to be there to really compete.

His last comment was interesting. He said, "I don't have a particular position I want to play, I just want to touch the ball." Notice he didn't just say, "I just want to be on the field." Guess he doesn't want to play defense. Sounds to me like H-Back is going to be his permanent position because it won't be QB, and frequent drops won't result in him playing TE.

It shouldn't matter where he plays. What's important is that he's got the ball in his hands and he's headed upfield.

His last comment was interesting. He said, "I don't have a particular position I want to play, I just want to touch the ball." Notice he didn't just say, "I just want to be on the field." Guess he doesn't want to play defense. Sounds to me like H-Back is going to be his permanent position because it won't be QB, and frequent drops won't result in him playing TE.
"Frequent drops". How many passes were thrown to him last season that you could use the phrase "frequent drops"? The dopes on these boards used to call Lemon, "Lemon Drops" and he just led the team in receiving and now he's going to be drafted by an NFL team.

"There's kids that you know are special when they have a ball in their hand," running backs coach DeAndre Smith said. "That can be from the running back spot, a direct snap, give him a pass out there on the perimeter. But that kid is a talented player and something always seems to be happening great when he has the ball in his hand."

I like what he said and the way he said it.

Great intreview, Ashton staying humble and looking at last season as an opprotunity to grow. Gotta love that attitude.

Ok so again, for the 99th time, he is not a QB on this team. He will get a few snaps in a running wildcat split, but that is it.

The AB QB train has left the station, and he wasn't on it.

He also has small hands so the drops will continue to be an issue IMO. Tough spot for the coaches.
Hands are not the most important thing in catching the ball. Its the eyes. That was one of the first things Steve Largent taught my former client, Tommy Kane.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

"Frequent drops". How many passes were thrown to him last season that you could use the phrase "frequent drops"? The dopes on these boards used to call Lemon, "Lemon Drops" and he just led the team in receiving and now he's going to be drafted by an NFL team.

People who called Lemon "lemon drops" were uninformed idiots, people who say Broyld has consistency issues with catching the ball are speaking from an informed position. Big difference.

"frequent drops" is not referring to what he did or didn't do in games last year, it's referring to what he's had issues with since he's been on the practice field.

The more i listen to our players the more i realize what a good job Doug did. Yes im pissed at TBFOSB but he did an exceptional job building character in the players. Sounds like Shafer and staff are committed to the same approach which really makes me proud of our program.

People who called Lemon "lemon drops" were uninformed idiots, people who say Broyld has consistency issues with catching the ball are speaking from an informed position.
LOL

He didn't play enough last year to have a chance to drop any balls. I have read posts several times that he has had frequent drops in practice but I don't know that for sure. I should have phrased it, "if" he has frequent drops he won't see himself at TE. I assume the people who see him in practice have a decent idea of what they are talking about. I do like to see Broyld running with the ball in his hands. I think he'll play H-back and be our big RB for a while.
I completely agree about the Lemon comment though.

He didn't play enough last year to have a chance to drop any balls. I have read posts several times that he has had frequent drops in practice but I don't know that for sure. I should have phrased it, "if" he has frequent drops he won't see himself at TE. I assume the people who see him in practice have a decent idea of what they are talking about. I do like to see Broyld running with the ball in his hands. I think he'll play H-back and be our big RB for a while.
I completely agree about the Lemon comment though.
That's cool. I just like to see it play out on the field rather than telling everyone what "will" happen. It's not like Marrone let a lot of folks see practices so I am a bit skeptical of the claims.

LB or DB would really be the best position for him imo.

Sounds like one coach has a different point of view:
"There's kids that you know are special when they have a ball in their hand," running backs coach DeAndre Smith said. "That can be from the running back spot, a direct snap, give him a pass out there on the perimeter. But that kid is a talented player and something always seems to be happening great when he has the ball in his hand."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom